CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINERS AUGUST 1-7 PDF DOWNLOAD
CURRENT AFFAIRS ONE LINERS AUGUST 1-7 PDF DOWNLOAD
- The Rajya Sabha passed the Constitution (One Hundred and Twenty-third Amendment) Bill, 2017 with amendments providing for setting up of a National Commission for Backward Classes, was passed after dropping Clause 3.
- Government to end LPG subsidy by March next year
- Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Pandurang Fundkar has extended the deadline for subscribing to the Union government’s crop insurance scheme to August 5 (before July 31).
- SC bans use of five metals in firecrackers.The Supreme Court (Justice Madan B Lokur) imposed a ban on the use of five harmful metals lithium, mercury, arsenic, antimony, lead in firecrackers as they cause enormous air pollution.
- PM Modi to inaugurate two-day “Rajaswa Gyansangam” on 1st September in New Delhi for unearthing black money:
- Projects worth Rs 425 crore approved by “National Mission for Clean Ganga” in its 4th Meeting:
- Swachh Survekshan-2018, The first Pan-India survey launched to assess sanitation facilities in 4041 cities
- Government enters into 9 unilateral APAs (Unilateral first Pan-India survey) with taxpayers in July.
- Coconut palm declared State tree of Goa and also included in Goa, Daman and Diu (Preservation of Trees Act), 1984
- Indian Army develops app for soldiers to track promotions, postings named ‘Humraaz‘:
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and BRICS countries to set up BRICS Agriculture Research Platform (BRICS-ARP) and was signed by the foreign Ministers of BRICS countries in the 8th BRICS Summit held on 16th October, 2016 at Goa.
- Google’s Internet Saathi programme reaches 100,000 villages and was launched as a pilot in Rajasthan in July 2015 along with Tata Trusts.
- PM Modi addresses 99th birthday celebrations of Dada Vaswani via video conference
- 2nd Agri UDAAN, food & agribusiness accelerator program to be launched in Delhi and the Program duration is 6 Months
- Govt inks MoA to set up Philippines-based International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) regional centre in Varanasi
- India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility, a joint venture between the $2.5 billion Kalyani Group and Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd., was inaugurated near Hyderabad. It is going to make anti-tank guided missile (ATGM)
- Maharashtra Government launched the MahaDBT portal, Aadhaar-authenticated Direct Benefit Transfer portal.
- Government moves bill in Lok Sabha to raise Nabard’s capital to Rs 30,000 cr
- First meeting of Japan-India Coordination Forum (JICF) for Development of North-Eastern Region held in New Delhi:
- SAMPADA programme to help promote Food Processing sector worth 2000-crore-rupees launched by Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Modi announces Rs 2,350-crore flood relief for North-East
- Additional fund of Rs 110 cr allocated this fiscal for Border areas development: Kiren Rijiju
- Govt approves establishment of PG Institutes for Research in Yoga at Nagmangla (Karnataka), Jhajjar (Haryana)
- Ravi Shankar Prasad inaugurates National Conference for Young SPs of States/UTs and Commandants of CAPFs in New Delhi. organised by Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D)
- Jharkhand Cabinet approves Religious Freedom Bill 2017.
- Govt launched portal e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (e-RaKAM) which will provide a platform to sell agricultural products launched in New Delhi
- Every Child In Kangra To Be Covered For Rubella Vaccination: For the total eradication of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella a signature campaign was started from the district hospital.
29. Aadhaar number not mandatory for registering deaths
- Bengaluru to have India’s first heli-taxi service which will be operated by Thumby Aviation Private Limited at Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport
31. Andhra Pradesh government to ink MoU for improving regional connectivity
- Microsoft tied with Telangana to provide AI-based eye care solutions under the National Health Mission.
33. Lok Sabha passes Bill for setting up petroleum institute Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) in Vizag
- Indian Railways signs first EPC contract with L&T to speed up electrification and the contract values at Rs.1,050crores
- ISRO to sign MoU with CSIR-NPL to make desi GPS named as Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC)
- India hopeful operations at Chabahar Port will start by 2018 and also The Indian Government has allocated Rs6 billion for the development of the port
- The Centre in association with the National Legal Service Authority (NALSA) launched ‘Tele-Law’ scheme in Bihar with an aim to provide an opportunity for the common man to access legal aid easily
- Global IT delivery centre coming up in Jaipur with an investment of Rs.100 crore
39. Inauguration of National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute – Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (NABI-CIAB) Campus by Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Uber is collaborating with Delhi Police to allow quick access to “Himmat”,a women safety mobile app, through the rider app.
- The Assam government is all set to distribute 13 lakh Soil Health Cards and this will help farmers and willcarry crop-wise recommendations of nutrients and fertilisers required for the individual farms
- IIT Delhi team develops a new antibacterial drug-delivery system thereby reducing the dosage used for treating bacterial infections
- US President Donald Trump awards Medal of Honor to James McCloughan (Army medic) 48 years later
- India-Bhutan new trade pact comes into force from July 29
- A new representative body US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) is being set up to further enhance business relations between the two countries.
- Israel Launches Its First Environmental Research Satellite. It is the joint effort by Israel Space Agency and French Space Agency (CNES).
- India is allowed to construct Kishanganga hydroelectric power facilities on tributaries of the Jhelum and Chenab rivers with certain restrictions under the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty (IWT), the World Bank has said.
- China and the other BRICS nations pledged to fight protectionism and safeguard the intellectual property rights in the meeting at Shanghai.
- India and Somalia sign agreement on transfer of sentenced persons. Signed between Sushma Swaraj and Foreign Minister of the Federal Republic of Somalia Yusuf Garaad Omar
- 19th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Meeting held at 17 to 28 July 2017 in Hyderabad.
- China opens first overseas military base in Djibouti with a flag raising ceremony and celebration of the 90th anniversary of the establishment of China’s military, the People’s Liberation Army, on August 1 .
- India has signed a loan agreement with Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) for financing of 329 million US dollar for Gujarat Rural Roads Project.
- Harry Potter creator JK Rowling has been named the world’s most highly-paid author with earnings of £72.2m ($95mn) this year.
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has passed a resolution imposing new sanctions on North Korea for its continued intercontinental ballistic missile testing and violations of UN resolutions.
- Israel has imposed new travel restrictions on Palestinians, preventing them from leaving blockaded Gaza with laptops.
- A 66-member Indian Navy band has joined the historic Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo in the UK for this year’s musical event where they will mark the 70th year of India’s Independence.
- An Indian-built Advanced Offshore Patrol Vessel (AOPV) which is “SLNS Sayurala” has been commissioned by the Sri Lankan navy at a ceremony in Colombo harbor
BANKING & BUSINESS
- India along with Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam is more attractive to FDIs by 2025, says a Nomura report. The Japanese financial services major have dubbed India and ASEAN-5 (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam) as “Asia’s tiger cubs”.
- SBI plans to raise Rs 2,000 cr via Basel-III bonds: SBI bonds will carry a coupon rate of 8.15 per cent per annum with a call option after 5 years or the anniversary date thereafter.
- MCX inks MoU with Mahindra Agri for data on farm pricing. This information will be available on its mobile application — ‘MyAgriGuru’.
- Third Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2017-18
- India, China home to 39% of world’s young Internet population by UN report data released by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Airtel Payments Bank, HPCL tie-up for digital payment. These cashless payments can be made via smart phones (MyAirtel App) as well as feature phones (USSD).
- Mukesh Ambani overtakes Hong Kong’s Li Ka-shing to become second richest man in Asia: report according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index
- Flipkart completes eBay India mergers.
- Samsung Pay now available for State Bank of India debit cards: This will allow SBI debit card holders to make payments using Samsung smart phones at Point of Sale (PoS) card machines at merchant outlets.
- SEBI formed a committee on fair market conduct
- India in line to meet fiscal deficit target of 3.2%: Report by UBS
- PayPal unveils two innovation labs at the Chennai and Bengaluru Tech centres
- Ahead of the implementation of the stringent capital requirements under the Basel-III regime from 2019, the Reserve Bank amended a slew of previous regulations on the same, helping banks shore up their capital buffers and improves liquidity coverage ratios.
- GDP growth in Jun quarter to be around 6% in India: Nomura
- RBI slaps Rs 1 crore penalty on Union Bank for KYC non-compliance
- 1st time India becomes net export country in Steel (Crude steel production has registered 5 per cent growth during April-June 2017-18) : Birender Singh
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced creation of new ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) called Bharat 2022, comprising of 22 companies, or investments from central public-sector undertakings, public sector banks and some other strategic holdings.
18. Bank of Baroda cuts interest on savings a/c by 50 bps.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched Kotak Remit — an Aadhaar-based integrated outward forex remittance solution for both customers and non-customers.
- MobiKwik has entered into a strategic partnership with Bajaj Finance Ltd to transform itself into financial services App from a payment App.
- Iran’s Hassan Rouhani sworn in for second term
- InCred ropes in Rahul Dravid as brand ambassador
- Walmart India appoints Devendra Chawla as EVP and COO
- Air Marshal Hemant Narayan Bhagwat AVSM VM is New Air Officer-in-charge Administration (AOA) of Indian Air Force
- US Senate confirms Christopher Wray to lead FBI replacing James Comey:
- Justice Krishna to head expert group on Data Protection Framework for India.
- Shashi Tharoor will be the first chief of the All India Professionals’ Congress.
- SEBI approved Dhirendra Swarup’s appointment as BSE chairman
- Lt Gen Abhay Krishna named chief of eastern command
- NITI Aayog vice-chairman Arvind Panagariya quits
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s media advisor and senior journalist Sanjaya Baru has been named new secretary general of industry chamber Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- Controversial PM Peter O’Neill re-elected Papua New Guinea PM:
- Prince Philip of UK retires after 65 years of service:
- Former Philips Healthcare executive Sameer Garde named Cisco India and SAARC President
15. Rwandan President Paul Kagame set for landslide win in presidential election in Rwanda.
- The US Senate has unanimously confirmed three Indian-Americans to key government positions.Neil Chatterjee as Federal Energy Regulatory Commission member and Vishal Amin as Intellectual Property (IP) Enforcement Coordinator&Krishna Urs as the US ambassador to Peru.
- The AIFF (All India Football Federation) named senior advocate Ushanath Banerjee as the chairman of a special committee that will be dealing with players’ transfer disputes.
- Shri Prabhat Kumarpresent Ambassador of India to Colombia has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Mohammad Mustafa was appointed as Chairman and Managing Director in Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- Former Union minister M Venkaiah Naidu was elected as the next Vice-President of India.
- Economist Rajiv Kumar will be the new Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog.
- Rana Sarkar, an Indo-Canadian entrepreneur, has been appointed as Canada’s Consul General in San Francisco .
- National Geographic Announces 2017 Travel Photographer Of The Year.
- Tata Power awarded for excellence in cost management at the 14th National Awards for Excellence in Cost Management 2016.
- Indian Air Force felicitates India women’s cricketer Shikha Pandey: The cricketer received a cheque and medal from Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa at Air Headquarters in New Delhi
- Veteran actor and national award winner Sharada has been selected for this year’s Prem Nazir Award.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Scientists just created a flexible bio-glue for healing wounds at Harvard University’s Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) in the US
- Manju Kumari wins bronze medal at Jr World Wrestling C’ship in Tampere, Finland.
- Punjab govt to appoint cricketer Harmanpreet Kaur as DSP of Punjab government.
- Two Indian wrestlers, Veer Dev Gulia and Ravinder, made it to the bronze medal round of their respective weight categories on day one of the Junior World Wrestling Championships in Tampere, Finland.
- Star spinner Ravindra Jadeja maintained pole position in the bowlers’ list while India skipper Virat Kohli remained static at fifth place in the batting charts in the latest ICC Test Rankings released.
- In the batsmen’s rankings, Cheteshwar Pujara is the top-ranked Indian at the fourth position while opener Shikhar Dhawan climbed 21 places to be ranked 39th.
- Abhijeet Gupta finishes second in Czech Open chess tournament at Pardubidze in Czech Republic
- Summer Olympics: Los Angeles agrees to host 2028 Games; Paris gets 2024
- Kuala Lumpur: Indian women’s team beat Malaysia 2-0 in international friendly match at MP Selayang Stadium in Kuala Lumpur
- John Isner downs Harrison for fourth ATP Atlanta title
- In Lagos International challenge in Nigeria, India’s C Rahul Yadav clinched the men’s singles title while Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy claimed the men’s doubles title. India’s Mugdho Agrey finished as runners-up in women’s singles at the Molade Okoya-Thomas Hall of the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Nigeria.
- The Indian pair of JoshnaChinappa and Dipika Pallikal Karthik settled for a bronze medal in the WSF World doubles squash championship in Manchester, England.
- Usain Bolt has been stunned as he finished third in the 100 meters Final of World Athletics Championship at London which was won by Justin Gatlin.
- Indian professional boxer Vijender Singh retained the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title and win the WBO Oriental Super Middleweight title at Mumbai.
- Indian shooter Ankur Mittalclinched the individual as well as the team gold medal in men’s double trap at the 7th Asian Shotgun Championship at Astana, Kazakhstan.
- British athletics legend Mo Farah won his 10th successive global title claiming the 10,000 metres world crown at the London Stadium.
- ONGC won the91st MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournamentat the Mayor Radhakrishnan Stadium.
- 25-year-old player Neymar has been bought for a staggering €222 million by Paris Saint Germain and created the record for Most expensive football player (soccer player), in both single transfer & combined transfer fees title.
- Russian Ekaterina Makarova won the Women’s Singles Citi Open Title in Washington DC.
- South Korea’s Kim In-kyungclaimed the women’s British Open at Kings Barns, Scotland for her first major title.
- German Alexander Zverevclaimed thefourth ATP title of the year with a commanding win over South African veteran Kevin Anderson at the Citi Open in Washington.
- Veteran actor Robert Hardy died
- Assam: former union minister Santosh Mohan Dev passes away
- Pushpa Bhargava, Scientist And Activist, Dies At 89:
- Sam Shepard, Actor and Pulitzer-Winning Playwright, Is Dead at 73
- Eminent Dhrupad singer Ustad Sayeeduddin Dagar passes away at 78.
HISTORIC EVENTS OF THE DAY
- World Breastfeeding Week: August (1-7) 2017
- August 1st 2017 – Non-Cooperation Movement Day
- August 6 – Japan marked 72 years since the world’s first nuclear attack on Hiroshima, with the nation’s traditional contradictions over atomic weapons again coming into focus.
- August 7th 2017 – National Handloom Day is being observed to give an impetus to the sector and encourage use of handmade loom in the country