Daily Current Affairs: April 28, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (April 28, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Agra becomes India’s first city to have vacuum-based sewer systems
- Agra became the first city in India to have vacuum-based sewer systems. These vacuums would be used in public places.
- Agra municipal corporation has linked 240 such houses near the Taj Mahal with vacuum-based sewers, where conventional sewer systems could not be used.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park
- Zoological Parks: Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan Prani Udyan (Gorakhpur), Kanpur Zoological Park, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden
Jamtara becomes India’s first district with library in every village
- Jamtara in Jharkhand became the only district in India where all gram panchayats have community libraries.
- This district with a population of about eight lakhs has a total of 118-gram panchayats under six blocks and each panchayat has a well-equipped library that is open for students from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Derelict buildings were converted into libraries, funds received from Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and under the 14th and 15th Finance Commission.
- Capital: Ranchi
- Chief Minister: Hemant Soren
- Governor: Ramesh Bais
- National Park: Betla National Park
Jammu And Kashmir’s Palli becomes India’s First ‘Carbon Neutral Panchayat’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 500 KW solar power plant at Palli Village in Samba District, Jammu and Kashmir. With this inauguration, Palli became India’s first carbon-neutral Panchayat.
- These 1,500 solar panels put up in a total area of 6,408 square metres will provide clean electricity to 340 houses in the model panchayat under ‘Gram Urja Swaraj’
Jammu and Kashmir
- Capital: Srinagar (Summer), Jammu (Winter)
- Lt. Governor: Manoj Sinha
- National Parks: Hemis National Park, City Forest (Salim Ali) National Park, Dachigam National Park, Kishtwar National Park
- Wildlife Sanctuaries: Changthang Cold Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary, Jasrota Wildlife Sanctuary, Baltal-Thajwas Wildlife Sanctuary, Karakoram (Nubra Shock) Wildlife Sanctuary
- Lakes: Mansar Lake, Nagin Lake, Wular Lake, Surinsar Lake, Dal Lake
Robert Golob was elected as the Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Robert Golob was elected as the Prime Minister of Slovenia. He defeated three-time Slovenia Prime Minister Janez Janša in the Prime Minister election recently held in Slovenia.
- Capital: Ljubljana
- Currency: Euro
- President: Borut Pahor
- Prime Minister: Robert Golob
India to host the World Congress of Accountants for the first time in 118 years
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is set to host the twenty-first World Congress of Accountants (WCOA), the Kumbh of accountants, for the first time in 118 years of its existence.
- About 6000 top accountants from 130 countries will participate in the programme. This event will take place in the newly built Jio World Convention Centre in Mumbai.
Estonia hosts the world’s largest cyber exercise
- The world’s largest and most complex annual international live-fire cyber defence exercise was held in Tallinn, Estonia. This cyber exercise was organised by the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence (CCDCOE).
- The cyber experts practice the protection of national civilian and military IT systems and critical infrastructure in a large-scale cyber-attack.
Generali Asia appoints Bruce de Broize as MD and CEO of the Future Generali India Life Insurance
- Generali Asia has appointed Bruce de Broize as managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of Future Generali India Life Insurance (FGILI).
- He replaced Miranjit Mukherjee, who was serving as interim CEO since September 2021.
Agreements and MoUs Signed
FinMapp partners with Bajaj Finance to launch a fixed deposit feature
- Fintech firm FinMapp has collaborated with Bajaj Finance to launch a fixed deposit feature on its application by adding a new icon for an improved customer experience.
- This fintech firm is offering an interest rate of 35 per cent on the fixed deposit of app users, which will assist in beating the high inflation rate that is currently prevailing.
Suryoday SFB partners with Kyndryl to drive digital and IT transformation
- Suryoday Small Finance Bank will partner Kyndryl to drive its technology transformation program, improve operational efficiency and increase digital banking adoption among its customers as part of a five-year transformation deal.
- Kyndryl will provide advisory and implementation services to the bank to deploy and support a new core banking system and integrate with digital channels to deliver an agile banking platform that accelerates retail business growth and enhances the bank’s customer experience.
L&T partners with IIT Bombay to develop green hydrogen technology
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has signed an agreement with IIT Bombay to jointly pursue research and development work in the green hydrogen value chain.
- Both the institutions have joined hands to contribute towards the development of the green hydrogen industry in India and to develop next-generation technology in this emerging field.
Ta’ziz and RIL sign shareholder agreement for Ruwais chemicals project
- Reliance Industries (RIL) and Abu Dhabi Chemicals Derivatives Company RSC (Ta’ziz) have signed the formal shareholder agreement for the Ta’ziz EDC and PVC project.
- This joint venture will construct and operate a Chlor-Alkali, Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) and Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) production facility, with a total investment of over $ 2 billion.
- These chemicals will be produced in the UAE for the first time, unlocking new revenue streams and opportunities for local manufacturers to ‘Make it in the Emirates’.
Airtel Payments Bank partners with IndusInd Bank to offer a fixed deposit facility
- Airtel Payments Bank has partnered with IndusInd Bank to offer the Fixed Deposits (FD) facility. With this Airtel Payments Bank has further strengthened its digital banking portfolio.
- Customers can now book fixed deposits starting from ₹ 500 up to ₹ 1,90,000 within minutes through a seamless digital journey on the Airtel Thanks app.
Awards and Recognitions
Bangladesh educational charity founder Kishore Das selected for Commonwealth Points of Light Award
- The founder of educational charity ‘Bidyanando’ Kishroe Kumar Das from Bangladesh was chosen for the 223rd Commonwealth Points of Light Award for his exceptional work in improving access to education for children from marginalised backgrounds.
- ‘Points of Light’ is awarded to the outstanding individual volunteers – people who are making a change in their community.
Ranks and Indices
India third-largest military spender in the world after US and China: SIPRI
- According to the latest data released by the global think-tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), India is the third- largest military spending ($ 76.6 billion) in the world.
- This index was topped by the United States, China, India, the United Kingdom and Russia.
Actor Salim Ghouse passed away at 70
- Film and TV actor Salim Ghouse passed away at the age of 70 in Mumbai.
- He started his acting journey in 1978 with the movie Swarg Narak, following which he featured in films like Chakra (1981), Saaransh (1984), Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho! (1984) and several others.
Max Verstappen wins the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022
- Red Bull’s driver Max Verstappen (Belgium) has won the third edition of the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022.
- Red Bull’s driver Sergio Pérez (Mexico) came in the second position and Mercedes’ driver Lando Norris (British-Belgian) came in the third position.
Indian Grand Master D. Gukesh wins Menorca Open chess tournament 2022
- Indian Grandmaster Gukesh won the Menorca Open chess tournament 2022 held at Ciutadella de Menorca, Spain.
- Indian Grandmaster Aryan Chopra came in the second position and Armenia Grandmaster Shant Sargsyan came in the third position.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of April 22, 2022, now from the link given below.