Daily Current Affairs : February 11, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (Febraury 11, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is the 11th of February, by resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on 22 December,2015.
- The day recognizes the critical role women and girls play in science and technology.
- Theme: “Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth”.
Uttarakhand’s First Heli Services under UDAN flagged off
- Civil Aviation ministry operationalized the 1st ever helicopter services from Dehradun’s Sahastradhara helipad to Gauchar, and Chinyalisaur under the Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik. This will boost the tourism sector in this region.
- Capital: Dehradun
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- National Park (NP)- Jim Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP.
Hunar Haat inaugurated in Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, Governor Lalji Tandon has inaugurated Hunar Haat in Indore.
- It is an exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the Minority communities.
- The Hunar Haat is organized by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Union Minister for Minority Affairs: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
Haryana Launches Rs.1500 crores Mukyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana
- Chief Minister Mr.Manohar Lal Khattar and Deputy Chief Minister Mr.Dushyant Chautala of Haryana jointly launched Mukyamantri Parivar Samridhi Yojana scheme on the mark of successful 100 days of the present state government.
- The scheme is about providing financial assistance of Rs.6000 to the families below the poverty line.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- National Parks (NP): Sultanpur NP, Kalesar NP
- Dance- Phag, Dhamal, Loor, Khoria.
National Water Conference to be held in Bhopal
- In Madhya Pradesh, a National Water Conference is going to be held in the capital Bhopal to solve water crisis.
- There was plenty of water in the state before due to rivers like Narmada, Chambal, Son, Betwa and Sindh.
- Madhya Pradesh Government has announced to implement the Water Rights Act in the state soon.
- It will be the first state in the country where this law will be implemented.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Kamal Nath
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
1000 Kudumbashree hotels to serve meals at Rs 25 in Kerala
- Kerala’s Finance Minister T.M. Thomas Isaac has unveiled an initiative of setting up 1,000 ‘Kudumbashree’ hotels to provide subsidised Kerala meals at Rs 25.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan
IIT Madras & AIIMS Mangalagiri to collaborate for patient safety, quality healthcare delivery
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M), in Tamil Nadu and All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Mangalagiri in Andhra Pradesh has announced to collaborate in areas such as patient safety and quality healthcare.
Hyderabad Metro Rail becomes Country’s 2nd Largest Operational Metro Project
- Chief Minister of Telangana State Mr. K.Chandrashekhar Rao flagged off new Metro line from Jubilee Bus Station (JBS) to Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station (MGBS) covering of 11 Kilometers
- It becomes India’s 2nd largest Metro Rail Network of total operational distance of 69.2kms, only next to Delhi Metro Rail Network having an operational distance of 231kms.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief Minister: Mr. K.Chandrashekhar Rao
- Governor: Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan
- National Parks (NP): Kasu Brahmananda Reddy NP, Mahaveer Harina NP, Mrugavani NP.
ADB approved $2 million fund amount to combat nCoV
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved to sponsor $2 million as funding to combat the outbreak of novel coronavirus (nCoV).
- ADB has also partnered with World Health Organisation (WHO) and other regional experts to respond to the 2019 nCoV situation.
- Asian Development Bank:
- Founded on 19 December 1966
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines.
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa.
India-UK to hold joint military exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior’
- India and United Kingdom will conduct their fifth edition of joint military exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior-2020’ at Salisbury Plains in United Kingdom from February 13-26.
Awards and Recognitions
The International Olympic Committee selects Gopichand for the Lifetime Award
- Pullela Gopichand, the Chief National coach for the Indian Badminton team has received the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award in Male Category of the year 2019 on the 3rd edition of International Olympics Committee Annual Awards.
- He is the 1st Indian coach to be Honoured with this Lifetime award by the Olympics Committee.
International Olympic Committee:
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Thomas Bach
Appointments & Resignations
Prasar Bharati Chairman Surya Prakash gets retired
- Prasar Bharati (India’s public service broadcasting agency), Chairman, A Surya Prakash retired from his position after completing 2 consecutive terms of service that started in 2014.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Shashi Sekhar Vempati.
Books & Authors
Vice President released the book ‘A Child of Destiny’
- Vice President of India and Chairman of Rajya Sabha Shri Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu released a Book titled ‘A Child of Destiny’ Autobiography penned by Professor Koneru Ramakrishna Rao at GITAM (Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management) University Vishakatapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
American Author Roger Kahn dies at 92
- Roger Kahn known for his best-selling book in 1972 “The Boys of Summer” passed away at Nursing home in Mamaroneck, New York, U.S due to age related ailments.
Australia clinches ICC women’s championship trophy 2020
- Australia were awarded the ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s Championship trophy 2020, which they maintained by winning victories in the eight-team one-day championship between 2017 and 2020.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
Ankita Raina wins 18th career doubles title in ITF women’s tennis event 2020 held in Thailand
- Ankita Ravinderkrishan Raina, an Indian professional tennis player along with her partner Bibiane Schoofs of the Netherlands, won the finals of the ITF (International Tennis Federation) Women’s doubles held in Nonthaburi, Thailand.
International Tennis Federation (ITF):
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom (UK).
- President: David Haggerty.
Aditya Mehta won National Snooker championship
- Aditya Mehta from Mumbai, Maharashtra won the National Snooker championship held at Pune. He defeated multiple time world champion Pankaj Advani.
- In Women’s Snooker Finals, Vidya Pillai from Madhya Pradesh won the title.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of February 11, 2020 now from the link given below. (It took topper to score 15/15 in 7 & 8 minutes 18 seconds, beat that if you can).
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.