Daily Current Affairs: January 22, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (January 22, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
State /UT News
Jammu and Kashmir declares Jerri Hamlet as the first milk village
- Jammu and Kashmir administration has declared Jerri Hamlet in the Reasi district as the first ‘milk village’ of Jammu and Kashmir and sanctioned 57 more dairy farms under the Integrated Dairy Development Scheme (IDDS) for this hamlet.
- This milk village houses 73 individual dairy units with 370 cows, which will give financial security to the local farmers.
- Under the IDDS, dairy units of five animals are provided with a 50 per cent subsidy.
- This scheme also has a provision for milking machine, bulk milk cooling unit at 50 per cent subsidy (maximum subsidy of ₹5 lakhs), paneer making machine, khoya making, Dahi making, cream separator, ice cream making machine, butter and ghee making machine (maximum subsidy of ₹3.5 lakhs), milk van (maximum subsidy of ₹2 lakhs and milk ATM subsidy of ₹5 lakhs).
Chanchal Kumar was appointed as the Managing Director of National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited
- Senior IAS officer Chanchal Kumar was appointed as the Managing Director of National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL) under the Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
- He is currently serving in Bihar as the Principal Secretary with the additional charge of the Principal Secretary of GAD, Principal Secretary of Public Grievances, Grievances and the Mission Director of Bihar Administrative Reform Mission.
Mia Amar Mottley was re-elected as the Prime Minister of Barbados
- Mia Amar Mottley was sworn in as Barbados Prime Minister for a second term.
- She secured all 30 seats in the House of Assembly, the lower house of Barbados Parliament, giving Barbados’ first female leader a second term as Prime Minister.
- The next elections in Barbados had been scheduled for mid-2023.
Rama Bijapurkar resigns as the Independent Director of ICICI Bank
- Rama Bijapurkar has resigned from the post of the Independent Director of ICICI Bank.
- She is engaged with an educational institution where she teaches market and business strategy and is also associated with a not-for-profit organisation, where she researches India’s consumer economy.
Awards and Recognitions
Jahnavi Dangeti becomes the first Indian to complete the prestigious NASA programme
- A young Andhra Pradesh girl, Jahnavi Dangeti has become the first Indian to complete NASA’s International Air and Space Programme (IASP) at the Kennedy Space Center in Alabama, United States.
- She is a member of the International Organization of Aspiring Astronauts (IOAA).
Sushmita Sen wins the International Association of Working Women Award
- Sushmita Sen won the International Association of Working Women Award for outstanding performance by a female actor in a television series presented by the DC South Asian Film Festival 2021 for Aarya 2.
- Aarya was also nominated in the Best Drama Series category at the International Emmys 2021.
Agreements and MoUs signed
AgNext Technologies and NAFED collaborate to organise pulses’ quality assessment training for Maharashtra’s FPOs
- India’s leading agri-tech company AgNext Technologies collaborated with the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) to organise a virtual training and awareness programme for Maharashtra’s biggest FPOs (Farmer Producer Organisations) on pulses’ quality assessment.
- This training Programme’s goal was to educate FPOs on the various market quality standards for toor dal. The commodity (toor dal) is graded and priced in the market based on this assessment.
Liberty General Insurance partners with National Insurance Academy to manage electric vehicle claims Effectively
- Liberty General Insurance has partnered with the National Insurance Academy to design an industry-first and certification course on electric vehicles (EVs) for its claims team.
- This course will cover topics such as the anatomy of electric vehicles —private cars, commercial vehicles, two-wheelers; the present and future of EVs in India and understanding EVs from a claims perspective.
US singer Meat Loaf passed away
- The United States singer Meat Loaf passed away at the age of 74.
- He was one of the most iconic voices in rock music and tracks such as Dead Ringer For Love, Paradise By The Dashboard Lights and I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That).
- His debut ‘Bat Out of Hell’ became one of the best-selling albums of all time.
World’s oldest man Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia passed away
- The world’s oldest man, Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia, from Spain passed away at the age of 112 years.
- The Guinness World Records named Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia as the world’s oldest man in September 2021, when he was 112 years and 211 days old.
- He was born on 11 February 1909.
Daily CA- 22 January One-Liners
|Jammu and Kashmir declares Jerri Hamlet as the first milk village|
|Chanchal Kumar was appointed as the Managing Director of National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited|
|Mia Amar Mottley was re-elected as the Prime Minister of Barbados|
|Rama Bijapurkar resigns as the Independent Director of ICICI Bank|
|Jahnavi Dangeti becomes the first Indian to complete the prestigious NASA programme|
|Sushmita Sen wins the International Association of Working Women Award|
|AgNext Technologies and NAFED collaborate to organise pulses’ quality assessment training for Maharashtra’s FPOs|
|Liberty General Insurance partners with National Insurance Academy to manage electric vehicle claims Effectively|
|US singer Meat Loaf passed away|
|World’s oldest man Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of January 22, 2022, now from the link given below.