Daily Current Affairs : January 3, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (January 3, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
PM Modi disburses 12,000 crore rupees to six crore farmers as third instalment of PM-KISAN scheme
- In Karnataka, Prime Minister Narendra Modi electronically released 12,000 crore rupees under Pradhan Mantri Samaan Yojana to six crore farmers in Tumakuru.
- He also awarded the Krishi Karman Award to the progressive farmers from 21 states. The fishermen of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka were also given deep sea fishing boats and transponders that will help them to navigate in the deep sea.
- Prime Minister emphasised on agro exports, value-addition of produce, marketing and doubling of farmers income by 2022
Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurates new campus of NFSC in Nagpur
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah dedicated the new campus of National Fire Service College (NFSC) under Ministry of Home affairs in Nagpur.
- NFSC campus spread across 42 acres is fully equipped with the international standards and this modernized campus will be a proud moment not just for the Nagpur but also for the whole nation.
- Mr. Shah also appealed the states and Union territories to make use of expertise in the National Fire Service College in Nagpur and take the initiative in making the fire brigade service as an independent service in their states
HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal to inaugurate 28th New Delhi World Book Fair
- Human Resources Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal will inaugurate the 28th edition of annual New Delhi World Book Fair at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
- The book fair organised by National Book Trust (NBT) will be held from January 4 to 12 in the national capital.
- Eminent Gandhian scholar Girishwar Mishra will be the chief guest on the occasion.
- As part of Mahatma Gandhiji’s 150 birth anniversary celebrations, the theme of this year is Gandhi:The Writers’ Writer
Indian Railways launches integrated helpline number 139 for passengers
- The Indian Railways has integrated its helpline numbers into a single number — 139 for quick grievance redressal and enquiries by passengers during their train journeys.
- The new helpline number 139 will take over all the existing helpline numbers. It will be easy for passengers to remember this number and connect with Railways for all their needs during train travel.
- The Helpline 139 will be available in twelve languages. It will be based on Interactive Voice Response System
Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas signs Contracts for 7 Blocks Awarded under Open Acreage Licensing Programme (OALP)
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas today here signed contracts for 7 blocks, awarded under Open Acreage Licensing Programme (OALP) Bid Round – IV.
- The Government had launched OALP Bid Round – IV on 27th August 2019. The Bid Round-IV offered 7 blocks under International Competitive Bidding (ICB) process. The bidding round closed on 31st October 2019. Subsequent to evaluation, all 7 blocks were approved for award to ONGC, for which the Revenue Sharing Contracts have been signed, in the presence of the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan
Hillary Clinton appointed as new chancellor of Queen’s University Belfast in Ireland
- Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been appointed the new chancellor of Queen’s University in Belfast, Ireland. Clinton, who has been a regular visitor to Northern Ireland going back to the first visit of President Bill Clinton in 1995, becomes the university’s first female chancellor.
- Hillary will serve as chancellor for a five-year term, The Irish Times reported after quoting a statement issued by the varsity. The position of chancellor has been vacant since the death in 2018 of Thomas J Moran, chairman, president, and chief executive of Mutual of America Life Insurance Company.
Nepal’s President launches ‘Visit Nepal Year 2020’ campaign to promote tourism
- President of Nepal Bidya Devi Bhandari launched much-awaited Visit Nepal Year 2020 campaign amidst a spectacular ceremony held at historic Dasaratha Rangashala in Kathmandu.
- Chief Justice, National Assembly Chairman, former Prime Ministers and political party leaders from Nepal and dignitaries from various countries including India’s Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism and Culture, Prahlad Singh Patel also graced the occasion.
- The ambitious campaign is aimed to promote tourism in Nepal and attract 2 million tourists during the year 2020. In his address Nepal’s Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, Yogesh Bhattarai said the government has a goal of making tourism one of the key pillars of Nepali economy.
Pacific Island nation Palau bans ‘reef-toxic’ sunscreen
- Palau’s pioneering ban on “reef-toxic” sunscreens takes effect. The tiny Pacific island nation introduced strict environmental measures.
- Palau is renowned for its marine life and is regarded as one of the world’s best diving destinations. But the government is concerned this poses an environmental cost.
- President Tommy Remengesau said there was scientific evidence that chemicals found in most sunscreens were toxic to corals.
- From New Year’s Day, any reef-toxic sunscreen imported or sold in Palau will be confiscated and the owner will be fined. Along with the ban, Palau’s much-touted marine sanctuary came into effect on January 1.
Ritualistic festival ‘Lai Haraoba’ begins in Tripura
- In Tripura, Lai Haraoba, a ritualistic festival observed by Manipuri meitei communities since ancient times, began in Agartala last evening. The five day long festival is jointly organised by Department of Information and Cultural Affairs, Government of Tripura, Puthiba Lai Haraoba Committee and Puthiba Welfare & Cultural Society, Agartala.
- The five-day long festival was inaugurated by Speaker of state legislative Assembly, Rebati Mohan Das
Dr. Ambedkar’s memorial at Indu Mills Compound in Mumbai
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar has said that efforts are on to complete Dr. B R Ambedkar’s memorial at Indu Mills Compound in Mumbai in the next two years.
PM visits Sree Siddaganga Mutt, lays foundation stone for memorial museum of Shri Shri Shivakumar Swamiji
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited the Shri Siddhaganga Mutt in Tumkuru, Karnataka and laid the foundation stone for a memorial museum of Shri Shri Shivakumar Swamiji.
- PM Modi while addressing at Shri Siddhaganga Mutt in Tumkuru, said he is fortunate that he is beginning the year 2020 from such pious land; He wished that the sacred energy of Sree Siddaganga Mutt enriches the lives of the people of our country.
Maharashtra Govt launches ‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative
- Maharashtra Government has launched a ‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative under which awareness camps will be held across all the districts of the state regarding cyber safety.
- In a statement, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has said the initiative will help in educating women about how the web is used by anti-social elements and child predators to commit various types of crimes.
Andhra Pradesh to host 14th Global healthcare summit in 2021
- The American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI), a professional association for Indian American physicians, is set to organize a 3-days long 14th Global Healthcare Summit (GHS) in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh (AP) from January 3, 2021 for the 1st time.
- Around 500 doctors from the United States of America (USA), Australia, Britain and other countries expected to participate in the summit, which will focus on various communicable and non-communicable diseases, public health hazards, eradication of tuberculosis(TB), preventing maternal mortality, control of Hepatitis B etc.
Deputy Election Commissioner Umesh Sinha gets 1year extension
- Mr.Umesh Sinha has been re-employed as the Deputy Election Commissioner (DEC) after the approval by the Appointments Committe of the cabinet(ACC) headed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on a contract basis for one year with effect from January 1, 2020 up to December 31, 2020.
- He is an IAS (Indian Administrative Officer) of Uttar Pradesh cadre.
- The order was issued by the Ministry of Personal, Public Grievances and Pensions.
- Mr.Sinha served as Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) and higher Education Secretary of Uttar Pradesh.
Senior NCP leader D P Tripathi passes away
- Senior Nationalist Congress Party leader and former MP, D P Tripathi passed away in Delhi after a prolonged illness.
- He was 67. Born in Sultanpur, Uttar Pradesh Tripathi was active in students’ movement during his college days.
Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar condoled the passing away of D P Tripathi
Youth Olympic Games gold medallist Jeremy Lalrinnunga Qualified for berth at 2020 Tokyo
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga, who became the first Indian to win a gold at the Youth Olympic Games is now preparing for a berth at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- The 17-year-old weightlifter from Mizoram has clinched a silver medal in men’s 67 kg weightlifting category at the 6th International Qatar Cup with the total lift of 306 kg that broke 27 records in total.
- Jeremy from Aizawl has been the recent talk among the public for his outstanding performance in sports, who won gold in the first and second edition of the Khelo India Games and the athlete competed in the 62kg and 67kg categories in both the editions respectively.
5th IHAI National Ice Hockey Championship-2020 begins in Leh
- 5th Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) National Ice Hockey Championship -2020 has begun in Leh. In the inaugural match in Under-20 Boys category between Chandigarh and Haryana, the contest ended in a draw with 4 goals each.
- Later in the afternoon Under-20 Girls match will be played between home team Ladakh and Maharashtra.
- The tournament will continue till 7th January in Karzoo Ice Hockey Rink in Leh, where the Army, Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Maharashtra and home team Ladakh are fighting for the championship in U-20 boys category.
Telangana’s mountaineer Malavath Poorna scaled Antarctica’s highest peak Mt. Vinson Massif
- 18-years-old Malavath Poorna from Telangana scaled Mt Vinson Massif, the highest mountain peak in Antarctica at 4,892 meters and becomes the first and youngest tribal women in the World to scale six mountain peaks in six continents.She is from Nizamabad district in Telangana.
- ’Poorna’,a biography of Poorna Malavath was written by Aparna Thota.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of January 3, 2019 now from the link given below. (It took topper to score 15/15 in 6 minutes 18 seconds, beat that if you can).
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.