DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 30, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 30 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Asteroid Day-30 June:
- UN declared 30 June as International Asteroid Day to observe yearly at the international level the anniversary of the Tunguska impact over Siberia, Russian Federation, on June 1908, & to raise awareness about the asteroid impact hazard.
International Day of Parliamentarism-30 June:
- International Day of Parliamentarism is observed on 30 June to celebrate parliaments and ways during which parliamentary systems of government improve the everyday lives of individuals throughout the world.
Mizoram celebrates 34th anniversary of Mizo peace accord on June 30:
- In Mizoram, the people are celebrating the 34th anniversary of the signing of the historic Mizo peace accord on 30 June. The peace accord was signed between the Union government and the erstwhile underground Mizo National Front (MNF) on 30th June in 1986.
- Chief Minister:Zoramthanga
- Governor:PS Sreedharan Pillai
Madhya Pradesh launches ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya’ campaign:
- In order to maintain the academic regularity of students during the Corona crisis, the State Education Center has prepared a Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidyalaya means My Home-My school scheme, in which children will be taught at home in a school-like environment.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Beta version of Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi ‘PM SVANidhi’ portal launched:
- Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Housing & Urban Affairs launched the Beta version of PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi “PM SVANidhi” Portal. Leveraging on the digital technology solutions, the portal provides for an integrated end to end IT interface to users for availing benefits under the scheme.
Maharashtra Launches World’s Largest Plasma Therapy Trial “Project Platina”:
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray launched the world’s largest plasma therapy trials for COVID-19 – “Project Platina” – aimed at creating robust data for treating the disease for which no specific line of treatment exists. The treatment would be free of cost for patients.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
India’s ‘first’ lichen park in Uttarakhand to conserve Jurassic era plant:
- Uttarakhand Forest Department has developed India’s “First Lichen Park” in Munsiyari in Pithoragarh district of the state. The state has over 600 species of lichens of which around 150 are found in Munsiyari. The park is spread across 1.5 acres and its development began in 2019.
- Capital- Gairsain(summer capital), Dehradun (winter capital).
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
- National Parks- Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Govind PashuVihar NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP, Valley of Flowers NP.
Government approves additional Rs 1,691 crore for highway works in J&K, Uttarakhand for 2020-21:
- The government has approved an additional Rs 1,691 crore for highway works by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) in Jammu & Kashmir and Uttarakhand for 2020-21. Of this, Rs 1,351.10 crore has been sanctioned to BRO for road works in Jammu & Kashmir.
World Bank signs $250mn loan agreement for 1st TN Housing Sector Strengthening Programme:
- World Bank has signed agreements worth $250 million to promote private sector role in developing affordable housing in Tamil Nadu. There are two projects- $200 million 1st Tamil Nadu Housing Sector Strengthening Programme and $50 million Tamil Nadu Housing and Habitat Development Project.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Launches NOC Issuance Portal for Power Projects:
- Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh has launched a new online application portal for the issuance of No Objection Certificate (NOC) for power projects and Research Survey Exploration Exploitation (RSEE) activities in the Indian Territorial Waters (TW) and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).
Ministry of Culture to celebrate “Sankalp Parva” to plant trees:
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent charge) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel has announced that the ministry has decided to celebrate “Sankalp Parva” from 28th June to 12 July 2020.
- This initiative is line with the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi’s call for planting at least five trees.
India and Bhutan sign 600 MW Kholongchhu hydroelectric project agreement:
- India and Bhutan signed concession agreement on the 600 MW Kholongchhu hydroelectric project (KHEL). The hydroelectric project will be the first-ever joint venture project to be implemented in Bhutan.
- The joint venture partners of the project are India’s Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL) and Bhutan’s Druk Green Power Corporation Limited (DGPC).
First Global Report On Money Laundering and the Illegal Wildlife Trade released by FATF:
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has released the first global report on the Illegal Wildlife Trade (IWT) namely, “Money Laundering and the Illegal Wildlife Trade”. The report comes amid increasing international concern that the crime could lead to more zoonotic diseases in the future.
Banking and Economy:
Government Announces Launch Of Seven-Year Floating Rate Savings Bonds:
- Government has announced the launch of 7 year Floating Rate Savings Bonds, 2020 (Taxable) scheme commencing from 1st July. Bonds will enable a person resident in India or Hindu Undivided Family to invest in a taxable bond, without any monetary ceiling. The interest on the bonds is payable semi-annually.
SBI working on setting up e-commerce portal “Bharat Craft” for MSMEs:
- State Bank of India is working on setting up an e-commerce portal for advertising of merchandise manufactured by Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) within the nation.
- The portal referred to as Bharat Craft can be collectively run by the financial institution and the federal government.
RBL Bank’s chatbot ‘RBL Cares’, now enables banking transactions:
- RBL Bank has now enabled additional banking transactions and added a host of new features to “RBL Cares”, its AI-powered conversational Chatbot that can provide real-time customer service assistance on a range of questions related to banking and credit card products and services.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- MD & CEO: Mr Vishwavir Ahuja
Science and Technology:
NASA Renames Washington HQ after Mary Jackson, first black Engineer at NASA:
- NASA renamed the street outside their headquarters as the ‘Hidden Figures Way’. Jim Bridenstine, a NASA administrator, announced that their Washington headquarters will be renamed after Mary Jackson, who overcame hurdles to become NASA’s first Black woman engineer.
IISc team building indigenous ventilator prototype ‘Project Praana’ for COVID-19 patients:
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), has successfully completed the prototyping of an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) grade ventilator which is now in the process of being commercialised. Code-named ‘Project Praana’, the product is a technology.
Micheál Martin elected as Ireland’s new prime minister:
- Fianna Fail leader Micheál Martin was elected as the new (Taoiseach) Prime Minister of Ireland and he will take over the office from Leo Varadkar.
- Micheál Martin, will lead the government for the first two and a half years (until December 2022); the second half of the 5 year team will be led by Leo Varadkar, Indian Origin Leader of Fine Gael.
- Capital: Dublin
- President: Michael D. Higgins
- Prime Minister: Micheál Martin.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel given additional charge of Madhya Pradesh:
- President Ram Nath Kovind has assigned Uttar Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel additional charge of Madhya Pradesh during the absence on leave of Governor Lalji Tandon.
KK Venugopal re-appointed as Attorney General of India for a year and Tushar Mehta re-named Solicitor General for three years:
- Appointments Committee has approved the re-appointment of senior advocate Tushar Mehta as Solicitor General for a period of 3 years. Senior advocate K. Venugopal has also been reappointed to the post of Attorney General for India for a period of 1 year.
Awards and Recognitions:
Popstar Beyonce to Be Honoured with Humantarian Award at 2020 BET Awards:
- Popstar Beyonce will be honoured with the Humanitarian Award at the 20th edition of the “BET Awards”. She is being honoured for her longstanding philanthropic work, including her recent COVID-19 relief efforts
- Special tributes are planned for the late Kobe Bryant and music icon Little Richard at this year’s virtual ceremony.
Former RBI governor Rangarajan gets lifetime achievement award on Statistics Day:
- Former Reserve Bank of India governor C Rangarajan was conferred with the lifetime achievement award for his contribution to statistics on the occasion of Statistics Day.
- Chief statistician Pravin Srivastava stated the government will launch e-Sigma that will capture data using mobile devices.
Books and Author:
Hindi writer Priyamvad’s new book “Bharatiya Loktanktra Ka Koras: Kuch Bisari Bikhari Dhwaniyan” to publish with Hind Pocket Books:
- Penguin Random House India’s Indian language publishing division, Hind Pocket Books has recently signed Shri Priyamvad, a celebrated writer in Hindi literature. His new book, “Bharatiya Loktanktra Ka Koras: Kuch Bisari Bikhari Dhwaniyan” will be released next year.
Veteran Kannada Novelist Geetha Nagabhushan passes away at 78:
- Veteran Kannada Novelist Geetha Nagabhushan passed away at the age of 78 due to cardiac arrest in a private hospital at Kalaburagi. She was born on 25th March 1942 in Savalagi village, Kalaburagi.
Renowned Jammu advocate Bhupinder Slathia passes away at 70:
- Senior advocate and former president of Jammu and Kashmir High Court Bar Association, Bhupinder Singh Slathia passed away. He was known for voicing the region-centric issues and remained at the forefront of several pro-Jammu agitations.
Former Germany and Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez Announces Retirement:
- 35-year-old striker Mario Gómez retired from soccer, who won the Bundesliga title in 2007 in his first stint at Stuttgart and was also part of Bayern Munich’s treble winning team in 2013.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.