Daily Current Affairs: November 23, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (November 23, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launches India’s first virtual science lab for children under the CSIR Jigyasa programme
- Union Minister of Science and Technology Jitendra Singh launched India’s first virtual science lab for children under the CSIR Jigyasa programme, which will connect students with scientists across India.
- The main aim of this virtual lab is to provide quality research exposure and innovative pedagogy for school students based on an online interactive medium.
- This virtual lab will provide a virtual tour of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) laboratories and expose students to research infrastructure.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister launches CG Camp Portal for online public grievance redressal mechanism
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has launched an online platform, ‘CG Camp Portal’, for the monitoring of priority schemes in districts across the state while evaluating the progress of the schemes.
- This portal was developed by Chhattisgarh Infotech and Biotech Promotion Society (CHiPS).
- This new technology will also make it easier to compare the progress of various initiatives in different districts over time.
- Anybody can use the public grievance portal to file a complaint and the information on grievance redressal will be available by district and department on the dashboard.
- Capital: Raipur
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Sushri Anusuiya Uikey
Andhra Pradesh Government withdraws three capital bills
- The Andhra Pradesh Government passed the Andhra Pradesh Decentralisation and Inclusive Development of All Regions Repeal Bill of 2021 to withdraw the Andhra Pradesh Decentralisation and Inclusive Development of All Regions Act 2020, which was meant to trifurcate Andhra Pradesh’s capital into three — the executive capital at Vizag, legislative capital at Amaravati and judicial capital at Kurnool.
- Capital: Amaravati
- Chief Minister: S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
- Folk dances: Kuchipudi, Vilasini Natyam, Bhamakalpam, Veeranatyam
- National Parks: Sri Venkateswara National Park, Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda National Park
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is set to hold the 20th edition of ‘Connect 2021’ on 26–27 November in Chennai
- The 20th edition of the Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) flagship event, ‘Connect 2021’, will take place in Chennai on 26–27 November to raise Tamil Nadu’s GDP to $1 trillion by 2030.
- This event will be inaugurated by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. K. Stalin with the theme of “Building a Sustainable Deep T’ech’N’ology Ecosystem”.
- This event is organised by CII, hosted by the Tamil Nadu Government and co-hosted by the Union Ministry of Electronics and Telecommunications’.
Bangladesh signs a $2.66 billion loan agreement with Japan for power and metro projects
- Bangladesh has signed a $2.66 billion loan agreement with Japan for the implementation of the 1200 MW Matarbari Ultra Super Critical Coal-Fired Power project (sixth tranche) and the Dhaka Mass Rapid Transit Development project (Line 1).
- Bangladesh will also get $365 million in financial support from the COVID-19 crisis response emergency support loan to improve access to health services and achieve universal health coverage.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Taka
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
- President: Abdul Hamid
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese Yen
- Prime Minister: Fumio Kishida
Business & Economy
RBI announces a draft scheme for the amalgamation of PMC Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced a draft scheme of the amalgamation f the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank Limited (USFB).
- This draft scheme envisions the USFB taking over PMC Bank’s assets and liabilities, including deposits, by the scheme’s rules, which provide stronger security to depositors.
- Under this scheme, PMC depositors will get their full amount back over 10 years. In the initial phase, the bank will pay the amount insured under Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) of up to ₹5 lakhs to the depositors.
- At the end of two years, USFB will pay up to ₹50,000, up to ₹1 lakh at the end of three years, ₹3 lakhs at the end of four years, ₹5.5 lakhs at the end of five years and the full amount will be paid after 10 years.
- Equity warrants of ₹1900 crores to be exercised anytime within eight years have been issued by Unity Small Finance Bank on 1 November 2021, to the promoters to bring further capital, according to the draft scheme.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: K. Jain, M. D. Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao and T. Rabi Sankar
- Subsidiaries: Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Limited (BRBNML)
ICICI Bank launches a new online platform ‘Trade Emerge’ for importers and exporters
- ICICI Bank launched its online platform ‘Trade Emerge’ to provide exporters and importers across India with digital banking and value-added services.
- This platform is intended to make cross-border trading more convenient and hassle-free by removing the need for companies to coordinate with several touchpoints.
- The objective of this platform is to improve exporter and importer efficiency and productivity by decongesting time-consuming physical activities.
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka
NPCI Bharat BillPay onboards Tata Power on ClickPay to facilitate automated electricity bill payments
- NPCI Bharat BillPay has integrated with Tata Power on ClickPay to make it the first power company to facilitate automated electricity bill payments easily.
- Tata Power will develop the ClickPay link and share it with customers, which will take them to a payment page containing payment details to provide an automated and valuable electrical bill payment experience.
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Dilip Asbe
- Founded: 2008
Rumen Radev was re-elected as the President of Bulgaria for a second term
- Rumen Radev was re-elected as the President of Bulgaria for a second term.
- He had won 66.7 per cent of the second-round vote against the conservative candidate Anastas Gerdzikov.
- Capital: Sofia
- Currency: Bulgarian Lev
Fincare Small Finance Bank appoints Srinath Sathyanarayana as its new Chief Technology Officer
- Fincare Small Finance Bank has appointed Srinath Sathyanarayana as its Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Prior to this position, he has worked with Infosys Technologies for 10 years in the core banking product vertical before joining Capgemini in 2015 as Senior Director and Practice Lead for Banking.
Fincare Small Finance Bank
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
Geoff Allardice was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the International Cricket Council
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has appointed Geoff Allardice as its permanent Chief Executive Officer (CEO) after serving in the interim post for more than eight months.
- He succeeds Manu Sawhney.
- He was a former Australian first-class cricketer and administrator and was the ICC General Manager for eight years.
International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
State Bank of India (SBI) Research projects India’s GDP growth forecast to be 9.3%–9.6% for 2021–2022 (FY22)
- SBI Research has upgraded India’s GDP growth projection for the financial year 2022 to the range of 3%–9.6% from its earlier estimates of 8.5%–9%.
- SBI economists have forecasted a GDP growth of 1% with an upward bias for the July to September quarter (Q2).
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has estimated that the Indian economy would grow 5% in 2021–22.
- Tamil Nadu has lifted the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2021 after defeating Karnataka by four wickets at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in New Delhi.
- Tamil Nadu has now won the championship three times (2006–07, 2020–21 and 2021–22), the most by any side in the tournament’s history.
- Shahrukh Khan became the Man of the Match in the finals for his 33 runs.
Alexander Zverev clinches his second ATP Finals title after defeating Daniil Medvedev
- Germany’s Alexander Zverev clinched his second Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Finals title 2021 after beating Russia’s Daniil Medvedev at Turin in Italy.
- It was Zverev’s second ATP Finals title and he ended his standout 2021 season in style in Turin.
- He became only the fourth player in tournament history to defeat the top two players in the ATP Rankings in the semi-finals and finals.
American poet Robert Bly passed away at 94
- The author of ‘Iron John’ Robert Bly from the United States passed away at the age of 94.
- He published his first book of poems, ‘Silence in the Snowy Fields’, in 1962.
- He won the National Book Award in 1968 for his book ‘The Light Around the Body’.
Daily CA- 23 November One Liners
|Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh launches India’s first virtual science lab for children under the CSIR Jigyasa programme|
|Chhattisgarh Chief Minister launches CG Camp Portal for online public grievance redressal mechanism|
|Andhra Pradesh Government withdraws three capital bills|
|Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is set to hold the 20th edition of ‘Connect 2021’ on 26–27 November in Chennai|
|Bangladesh signs a $2.66 billion loan agreement with Japan for power and metro projects|
|RBI announces a draft scheme for the amalgamation of PMC Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank|
|ICICI Bank launches a new online platform ‘Trade Emerge’ for importers and exporters|
|NPCI Bharat BillPay onboards Tata Power on ClickPay to facilitate automated electricity bill payments|
|Rumen Radev was re-elected as the President of Bulgaria for a second term|
|Fincare Small Finance Bank appoints Srinath Sathyanarayana as its new Chief Technology Officer|
|Geoff Allardice was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the International Cricket Council|
|State Bank of India (SBI) Research projects India’s GDP growth forecast to be 9.3%–9.6% for 2021–2022 (FY22)|
|Tamil Nadu lifts Syed Mushtaq Ali 2021 Trophy against Karnataka|
|Alexander Zverev clinches his second ATP Finals title after defeating Daniil Medvedev|
|American poet Robert Bly passed away at 94|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 23, 2021, now from the link given below.