Daily Current Affairs: October 2, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (October 2, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Day of Non Violence- October 2:
- International Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2 October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi. In January 2004, Iranian Nobel laureate Shirin Ebadi had taken a proposal for an International Day of Non-Violence from a Hindi teacher in Paris teaching international students to the World Social Forum in Mumbai.
- Theme: “Shaping Peace Together”.
Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVN) signs MoU with Government of India for 2020-21:
- Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVN) Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Government of India for the year 2020-21. The MOU was signed between N. Sahai, Secretary (Power), Government of India and Nand Lal Sharma, Chairman & Managing Director, SJVN.
Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurates first Pirul power project:
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurated a 25-kilowatt capacity project worth Rs 25 lakhs for generating electricity using Pirul (dry pine needles) at Chakon Dhanari village in Dunda block of Uttarkashi
- Rawat said that about 23 lakh metric tonnes of Pirul is produced annually in the state, which can be used to generate about 200 megawatt of electricity.
- Capital- Gairsain(summer capital), Dehradun (winter capital).
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
- National Parks- Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Govind PashuVihar NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP, Valley of Flowers NP.
NCRPB launches Project Management Information System (P-MIS) portal for better transparency and accountability:
- To improve transparency & accountability in monitoring progress of projects and administering loans National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) Project Management Information System (P-MIS) launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA) in New Delhi.
- Project Management Information System (P-MIS) Portal will enhance the transparency and accountability of the project monitoring process and manage the loans.
Tamil Nadu and Arunachal Pradesh join “One Nation One Ration Card” scheme:
- Tamil Nadu and Arunachal Pradesh have been integrated with the existing national portability cluster of 26 States/UTs under the One Nation One Ration Card, said Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- Under this, families with Priority Household and Antodaya Anna Yojana ration cards from both states can receive their entitlements in other States.
- Capital: Itanagar
- Chief Minister: Pema Khandu
- Governor: B.D. Mishra
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit.
- National Park: Mukurthi NP, Guindy NP,Gulf of Mannar Marine NP, Indira Gandhi (Annamalai) NP, Mudumalai NP.
Government to set up panel headed by Ajay Kumar Bhalla to screen Chinese Foreign Investments:
- Government is setting up a panel that will be responsible for examining Chinese foreign investment proposals. The panel is headed by the home secretary, Ajay Kumar Bhalla and secretary of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) as a member.
- The panel will reportedly examine proposals from the point of view of ownership, approving only the “Non-Controversial”
New Development Bank Approves Loans For Mumbai Metro and Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Rapid Rail:
- New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries has approved USD 241 million loans for Mumbai Metro and USD 500 million for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS)
- National Capital Region Transport Corporation Limited (NCRTC) will use the fund for construction of a rapid rail corridor connecting the National Capital Territory of Delhi with the cities of Ghaziabad and Meerut located in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
New Development Bank (NDB):
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China.
- President: K. V. Kamath
- Founded: 15 July 2014
India and Australia Strengthens their Partnership on Skilling Agenda:
- Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and the High Commission of Australia conducted meeting for Cooperation in Vocational Education and Training. The aim is to support Vocational Education and Training (VET) in India and Australia.
- Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey and Mr Barry O’Farrell, Australian High Commissioner, participated in the virtual meeting.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime Minister: Scott Morrison
Banking and Economy
State Bank of India joins hands with HUL to offer digital payment solutions to retailers and distributors:
- State Bank of India (SBI) and Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU), under which the bank will provide its digital payment and financing solutions to the FMCG company’s retailers and distributors.
- It also aims to make availing of credit easy for channel partners, provides UPI based payment solutions & PoS terminals to retailers & distributors.
State Bank of India (SBI):
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Rajnish Kumar.
- Tagline: The Banker to Every Indian
Science and Technology:
Indian Coast Guard Fast Patrol Vessel ICGS ‘Kanaklata Barua’ commissioned in Kolkata:
- Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) ICGS ‘Kanaklata Barua’ of the Indian Coast Guard was commissioned at the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) The commissioning was done through video conferencing by Jiwesh Nandan, additional secretary, Ministry of Defence and was attended by Indian Coast Guard and GRSE including its chairman and managing director Rear Admiral V K Saxena (retd).
Indian Space Startup Agnikul Cosmos Signs Deal With Alaska Aerospace For Test Launch Of ‘Agnibaan’ Rocket:
- Chennai based small rocket maker Agnikul Cosmos Private Ltd has signed an agreement with the Alaska Aerospace Corporation. Agnikul Cosmos will test-launch its ‘Agnibaan’ rocket from Alaska Aerospace’s Pacific Spaceport Complex Alaskar on Kodiak Island in the US.
Indo American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) appoints Purnachandra Rao as National President:
- Hyderabad Industrialist Purnachandra Rao Surapaneni was elected as National President of Indo American Chamber of Commerce (IACC), the apex bi-lateral body synergizing India-US business relations. Rao was elected unanimously in a Board Meeting of IACC at the first meeting of the newly elected National Governing Board for the Year 2020-2021.
IAS officer Vijai Vardhan appointed as Chief Secretary of Haryana:
- Vijai Vardhan, a 1985-batch IAS officer was appointed Haryana’s chief secretary replacing Keshni Anand Arora. With Vardhan taking over as state’s top bureaucrat, a number of senior IAS officers were transferred and given additional charge to their existing duties. His tenure as the Chief Secretary is till his superannuation date 30th November 2021.
- Chief Minister:Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor:Satyadev Narayan Arya
- National Parks(NP):Sultanpur NP, Kalesar NP
- Dance:Phag, Dhamal, Loor, Khoria.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of October 2, 2020 now from the link given below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.