DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 03, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 03 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Union Cabinet approves ‘Mission Karmayogi’ for Civil Servants:
- Union Cabinet has approved “Mission Karmayogi” for civil servants across the country to help them meet the challenges in the society. A council headed by PM having CMs as members will approve the civil services capacity building plans under the scheme.
Madhya Pradesh government launches ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’ campaign:
- Madhya Pradesh government has launched a 15-day campaign named ‘Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’. Under the campaign awareness programmes were organized in seven thousand 178 settlements. About 35 lakh people from 378 urban bodies in Madhya Pradesh took part in the campaign.
- Gandagi Bharat Chhodo campaign is divided into 5 themes– Cleanliness Oath, Continuous reduction in urban waste emissions, Cleanliness in COVID conditions, Separation of waste from sources of houses & launching a cleanliness campaign for public places.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Union Power Minister RK Singh launches “Green Term Ahead Market”:
- Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Raj Kumar Singh launched the Pan-India Green Term Ahead Market (GTAM) in New Delhi virtually, for electricity. GTAM is the World’s First Exclusive Product Market for the renewable energy sector.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Finland for cooperation in Geology and Mineral Resources:
- The MoU facilitates cooperation in the field of geology, training, mineral prognostication, 3/4D modelling, Seismic and other Geophysical surveys finalized with the intent of reinforcing and strengthening scientific links between the two Organizations.
PM Modi to address Leadership Summit of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum:
- US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF)‘s 3rd Annual Leadership Summit is going to be organized. On this occasion, The Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to address a Special Key Note via a video conference. The theme of the 5-day Summit: “US-India Navigating New Challenges“.
Lakshadweep and Ladakh joined One Nation-One Ration Card scheme:
- Two more UTs Ladakh and Lakshadweep have decided to join the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ now, 26 States /UTs have joined this scheme and this Yojana will give benefits to almost 70 crore citizens.
Jal Shakti Ministry launched ‘Water Heroes’ Contest:
- The Jal Shakti ministry has launched a “Water Heroes – Share Your Stories” contest with an aim to reach out to people with the important message of water conservation and management.
- The primary objectives of the Ministry of Jal Shakti are to make water conservation a people’s movement and strengthen the water consciousness in the country.
Banking and Economy
Federal Bank & Innoviti Partnered to provide Affordable Options of Federal Bank Debit Cards by Innoviti POS terminals:
- Federal Bank and Innoviti Payment Solutions announced today their partnership to provide convenient and affordable options of Federal Bank Debit Cards through Innoviti POS terminals.
- This partnership will offer convenient EMI options to over 5 million Federal Bank Debit Card holders at over 70,000 Innoviti POS terminals across 1000 cities.
Science and Technology
IIT Guwahati collaborates with university in Czech Republic for data protection project:
- A team of researchers from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, in collaboration with scientists from the University of Pardubice, Czech Republic, is working towards developing indigenous algorithms that can protect the Nation’s digital data from cyber-attacks by advanced computers.
Appointments and Resignations
Usha Padhee becomes 1st woman DG of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security:
- Joint secretary in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Usha Padhee has been given additional charge as Director-General of the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS). She is the first woman and third IAS officer to have been appointed to the post.
- The central deputation tenure of Usha is scheduled to end on 16th July 2022. She succeeds Rakesh Asthana (IPS) who was appointed as the Director-General of Border Security Force (BSF).
K Padmakar takes additional charge as BPCL CMD as D Rajkumar retires:
- K Padmakar, Director of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has been given additional charge as Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of BPCL until further orders by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. He succeeds D Rajkumar who superannuated after attaining 60 years on August 31, 2020.
Bureaucrat Kshatrapati Shivaji appointed as Secretary in Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation:
- Government of India appointed Kshatrapati Shivaji, a 1986-batch Maharashtra cadre IAS officer as the secretary in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation. Secretary at this ministry is by design, known as the chief statistician of India.
India Trade Promotion Organisation CMD L C Goyal gets one-year extension till Sep 1, 2021:
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved one-year extension in tenure of L C Goyal as the Chairman and Managing Director of India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO).
- The 1979 batch Kerala cadre IAS (retired) Goyal will continue in the post from September 1, 2020 till September 1, 2021.
Books and Authors
Hollywood Actor Channing Tatum is Set to Publish His First Children’s Book “The One and Only Sparkella”:
- Hollywood Actor Channing Tatum (American) announced the release of his first book, a Children’s picture book titled “The One and Only Sparkella” dedicated to his daughter Everly. The book featuring the illustrations of Kim Barnes is set to be published by Feiwel & Friends.
India ranks 48th in Global Innovation Index; Switzerland Tops:
- India has joined the group of top 50 countries in the Global Innovation Index for the first time, moving up four places to the 48th rank and keeping the top position among the nations in central and southern Asia.
- According to the Global Innovation Index (GII) list, 2020 released jointly by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Cornell University and INSEAD Business School
- Switzerland, Sweden, the US, the UK and the Netherlands lead the innovation ranking, and the top 10 positions are dominated by high-income countries, WIPO.
IISc Bangalore among top 350; THE World University Ranking 2021:
- India records it’s highest ever number of universities to qualify for the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking (WUR) 2021. A total of 63 universities from India qualified for the ranking, however, none could make it to the top 300.
- China’s Tsinghua University becomes the first-ever Asian university to make the overall top 20. US were the most represented country. UK’s Oxford University placed in top for 5th consecutive year.
Cycling Federation of India is set to Host the First Ever Cycling Summit in 2021:
- Cycling Federation of India (CFI) is all set to host the first-ever Cycling Summit in 2021, with an aim to promote the culture of cycling in the country. This one-day summit is designed to promote the culture of cycling and exchange knowledge with budding and professional cyclists.
- The Cycling Summit 2021 will be hosted in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore and is expected to be a unique confluence of cycling enthusiasts, renowned athletes, and businesses from all over the country.
Olympic and Giant Slalom ski Champion Viktoria Rebensburg retires at 30:
- Germany’s Olympic Ski Champion Viktoria Rebensburg announced her retirement from Alpine Skiing. Rebensburg was a German World Cup-winning Alpine Ski Racer.
- The 30-year-old German, who won the gold medal in giant slalom at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, was injured in a crash during a World Cup super-G race in February in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.