NARENDRA MODI – Visit to Portugal , USA & Netherlands
Prime Minister Narendra Modi have returned from a four day trip to three nations which includes Portugal , USA and Netherlands. Modi’s visit to other countries have been a buzz these days and importantly his visit to the USA. Prime Minister Narendra Modi have been regularly visiting different countries and promotes various developments of our nation and also signs many pacts and agreements to facilitate the ” Make In India ” program.
We will discuss the important events happened and the important agreements signed during the three nation , four day visit of our PM Narendra Modi as there are sure chances that these may be asked in the forthcoming exams. So read further to know more about it.
Modi’s Visit to Portugal :
- This is the First Bilateral visit by an Indian Prime Minister to Portugal
- Launched the India – Portugal International Startup hub (IPISH) in the capital city Lisbon.IPISH is a unique startup portal initiated by Startup India and supported by Commerce & Industry Ministry and Startup Portugal to create a mutually supportive entrepreneurial partnership. The portal will enable connections between start-ups, investors, and incubators from relevant sectors.
- New agreements in the field of taxation , Science , Space , Youth affairs and sports.
- Agreements signed to promote exchanges between Youth and Cultural Exchanges.
- Both nations have determined to deepen their cooperation against terrorism and violent extremism. India has also thanked Portugal for the support extended by it to India on India’s permanent membership of UNSC, and of Multilateral Export Control Regime.
- Prime Minister Modi also presented the Overseas Citizen of India card to Antonio Costa.
Portugal Prime Minister : António Costa
Capital : Lisbon
Currency : Euro
MODI’s Visit to UNITED STATES OF AMERICA :
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the Top CEO’s of various global giants and discussed issues ranging from Visas , Investment and Job creation in the country.
- PM Narendra Modi met US President Donald Trump and they have issued a joint statement to the leaders of Pakistan to ensure it’s territory is not used to launch terrorist attacks.
- Both Countries are committed to strengthening cooperation against terrorist threats from various terror groups. India appreciated the United States designation of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen leader as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist.
- The US has cleared the game changer deal of the sale of 22 unmanned guardian drones to India at an estimated worth of 2-3 Billion Dollar.
- Both Leaders also announced their intention for the implementation to build the ” White Shipping” data sharing agreement. The leaders are determined to expand their engagements on shared maritime objectives and to explore new exercises and also in the MALABAR exercise.
- Measures would be taken to strengthen the partnership in the Indo-Pacific region.
- The LNG flow will be there from next year from the USA. The trade will be in excess of 40 Billion Dollar.
- The leaders of both the nations condemned the ‘constant provocations’ in the nuclear and ballistic missiles programs.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited Ivanka Trump , the daughter of Donald Trump to lead the US delegation at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit this year which will be held at India. GES is an initiative to bring together global innovators and entrepreneurs. This event will bring affinity between the two countries.
President : Donald Trump
Vice President : Mike Pence
Currency : US Dollar
US Secretary of State : Rex Tillerson
MALABAR Exercise : Trilateral Naval exercise involving USA , India and Japan
MODI’s Visit to The Netherlands :
- The two countries signed three MoUs in the fields of social security, water cooperation and cultural cooperation.
- Modi also thanked Netherlands for backing India’s Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) membership. MTCR membership enables India to buy high-end missile technology and also enhances its joint ventures with Russia.
- Modi also emphasized that Netherlands is the 5th largest investment partner globally and in the last three years it has emerged as the third largest source of FDI for the country.
- This year, the two countries are celebrating 70 years of the establishment of Indo-Dutch diplomatic relations. Also Modi met the Indian Diaspora.
Capital : Amsterdam
Currency : Euro
Prime Minister : Mark Rutte