Weekly CA Oneliners : May 1st week : May 1-7 download as PDF
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirant,
Here we are posting CA one liners which is useful for you to have a quick revision of Current affairs for upcoming bank exams like SBI PO Mains, BOB PO, Dena Bank PO.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavisinaugurated the State’s first automatic weather station at Dongargaon in Vidarbha region.
- Union Minister Shri Bandaru Dattatreyalaunched two schemes “One IP – Two Dispensaries” and “Aadhaar based Online Claim Submission” on May 1
- Union HRD Minister Prakash Javadekarlaunched the Vidya – Veerta Abhiyan in New Delhi to instill a sense of patriotism and nationalism among students.
- Union Minister Suresh Prabhu flags off Ahmedabad-Chennai Humsafar Express that runs between Ahmedabad and Chennai
- Telangana, Kerala and Andhra Pradeshlead the country in digital transactions after six months of demonetisation
- Madhya Pradesh has become thefirst state to switch to the January-December financial year from the existing April-March cycle,
- Indore and Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh is ranked first and second as India’s cleanest cities, according to a “Swacch Survekshan 2017” list
- The Telecom Departmentlaunched a ‘Tarang Sanchar’ Web portal that will allow people to track radiation emitted from mobile towers.
- Nitin Gadkariinaugurates ‘The Highway Saga’ on the three-day event of India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit (IITLS) from May 3 to 5
- India’s most expensive limestone block in Chhattisgarh was auctioned with an estimated reserve of 215 million tonneswas put for auction.
- President Pranab Mukherjeeapproves ordinance on NPA which provides greater powers to RBI to tackle mounting bad loans.
- The Odisha government approves an increase in the monthly State Pension for freedom fighters to Rs.10,000 pension per month, increasingfrom the present Rs.6, 000.
- The Centre has declared the entire State of Assam a “disturbed area”under the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act for three more months,
- Mizoram Governor General Nirbhay Sharma,constituted a Peace Accord Review Committee’ to review the peace accord signed between the Centre and the erstwhile underground Mizo National Front (MNF) on June 30, 1986.
- Shri Nitin Gadkariinaugurated the three day India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit (IITLS) in New Delhi to boost economic
- Prince of Dubai Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum launched the ‘Dubai Font’teamed with Microsoft – world’s first city to have a font
- Russia, Iran and Turkey inks Syria deal to create safe zones in Syria to bolster a fragile truce
- The 8th World Water Forum is scheduled to take place in the Brazilian capital Brasiliain March 2018. The aim is water and sanitation for all a reality by 2030,
BANKING & BUSINESS
- India-Japan economic relationship reaches new milestone with launch of acceptance of JCB cards at NPCI(National Payments Corporation of India) network in India.
- The Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Dasannounced that government is confident to achieve the goal of a debt-to- GDP ratio of 60% by 2023
- Reliance Corporate IT Park (RCITPL) signed a MoU with enterprise application software major SAP SE to launch‘SARAL GST’ solution for taxpayers.
The Hinduja brothers have topped the 2017 list “Brexit bonanza”, the richest people in the UK with an estimated fortune of 2 billion pounds,
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- The world’s biggest X-ray laser,4-kilometre-long European XFEL which is located in underground tunnels in Germany, will usher a new era of European research.
- Anthony Lianzualaappointed as New Controller General of Accounts (CGA) in New Delhi.
- Shobana Kamineni,Executive Vice-Chairperson of Apollo Hospitals Enterprise, has assumed office as the president of industry body CII.
- Bharti Enterprises Appoints Soumen Ghosh As MD, Financial Services:
- Bharti Enterprises has appointedSoumen (“Sam”) Ghosh as Managing Director, financial services.
- Cyient Limitedhas appointed former US Ambassador Vinai Thummalapally to its Board of Directors.
- Congress leader Mallikarjun Khargeis the new chairman of the 21-member Public Accounts Committee of Parliament.
- Braj Bihari Kumar, editor of quarterly journals Dialogue and Chintan Srijan, appointed as chairman of Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Rajkiran Rai G, executive director of Oriental Bank of Commerce appointed as MD and CEO ofUnion Bank of India for a period of three years.
- A. Sankara Narayanan, executive director of Bank of India, will assume the post of MD and CEO of Vijaya Bank.
- P. CM, Chandrababu Naiduhas been selected for the ‘Transformative Chief Minister Award’ for advancing the US-India partnership.
- Sanjay Pratihar, scientist of Tezpur University, awarded prestigious Indian National Science Academy (INSA) medalfor the Young Scientist Award 2017.
- Joshna Chinappabecame the first Indian to clinch the Asian Squash title in the women’s final in
- Aizawl FClifted the I-League crownagainst Shillong, becoming the first club from the Northeast to bag the title.
- India has lost six pointsto slip to fourth position in the latest ICC T20I team rankings.
- Bangladesh imposed a 10-year banon Sujon Mahmud of Lalmatia Club in protest at umpiring decisions.
- England’s Mark Selby wins the global crown for the third time in the final of the World snooker championshipat Crucible Theatre and
- Indian football team breaks into top 100 for 1st time in 21 years in FIFA rankings.
- Sultan Azlan Shah Cup 2017concluded at Ipoh, Malaysia with Great Britain beating Australia 4-3 in the final to lift the trophy.India finished third in the competition
- Simbine Won A World-Class Sprint in 99 secondsto become the first South African man to win a Diamond League 100m held at Doha, Capital of Qatar.
- Shiva Thapa (60kg)won silver medal at the Asian Boxing Championships held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Elnur Abduraimov won the gold medal in this event.
- May 1 – International Labour Day (May Day)
- May 3- World Press Freedom Day.
- Shanto Mitra, who played for India in the Merdeka Cupin 1968 and was an assistant coach in the country’s Nehru Cup campaign in 1984 passed away.
- Congress leader and former Madhya PradeshMinister Pratap Singh Baghel died
- Former Assam Minister Bijit Saikia of the Congress elected to the state Assembly from Tezpurconstituency died
- Dronacharya award winning wrestling coach Captain Chand Rooppassed away
- Leila Seth, the first woman judge of the Delhi High Courtand a member of the Justice S. Verma committee, died
- India-born legendary sitar player Ustad Rais Khan, winner of president award and Sitara-i-lmtiaz passed away in Pakistan.