CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: JUNE 15 – JUNE 21
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: JUNE 15 – JUNE 21
Dear BankersDaily Aspirants,
Hope all of you have completed the SBI clerk prelims and SBI PO prelims exams, some of you are still waiting for the SBI PO prelims examination. Now is the perfect time for your mains preparation. Don’t wait for the results rather decide what to study and kickoff your mains preparations. Start learning the Current Affairs section and score good marks in the upcoming examinations.
We are providing the aspirants with June 15-21 Weekly One Liners. Our Team has toiled hard to collect the important points and all the important events in a crispy manner and have gathered all the important current affairs from the first week of June. You can also download this as a PDF in the link provided below.
- The ministry of tribal affairs has proposed setting up of a national level Tribal Research Institute (TRI) along with a National Tribal Museum in New Delhi. It was announced by Union Minister Jual Oram.
- Kerala State Literacy Mission Authority has initiated a ‘water literacy’ campaign with the involvement of 70,000 students aiming to create awareness about the importance of water conservation in the State.
- Gujarat has emerged the top state in composite water management in the country, followed by Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra in the first-of-its-kind ranking of states on management of water. Jharkhand, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar have been the worst performers.
- The Arunachal Pradesh government has inked an agreement with Andhra Pradesh-based Smart Village Movement (SVM) to facilitate technology innovations, research and development in selected villages of the north-eastern state.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate ‘106th Indian Science Congress’, to be held at Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab from January 3 to 7, 2019.The theme for the five-day science congress is ‘Future India: Science & Technology’.
- The Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) has developed a mobile based application ‘utsonmobile’. The initiative is towards digitalisation and achieving a cashless economy.
- The Integrated Command and Control Centre of the Naya Raipur Smart City was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.Naya Raipur is one of the 3 Smart Cities of Chhattisgarh selected under the Smart Cities Mission. The other two cities are Raipur and Bilaspur.
- A Conference on Implementation of National Pension System (NPS) by the Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) was organized by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in New Delhi.
- The Tripura government has launched the GPS (Global Positioning System) and wireless based 24×7 “mobile policing” service to curb crime, especially against women.
- With the launch of the “mobile policing” service, people won’t need to go to the police, and police would go to the spot within a few minutes to deal with the situation.
- The indigenous Pinaka rocket system of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), known for firing a salvo of 12 rockets in just 44 seconds, is being evolved into a precision-guided missile.
- The ‘Yoga Ambassadors Tour’ is a specialized trip for yoga professionals from around the world and it is a part of Kerala government’s tourism promotion programme. It was inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik.
- The fourth meeting of Niti Aayog’s governing council began with main agenda of deliberating upon measures taken to double farmers’ income and the progress of government’s flagship schemes.
- Facebook has announced its partnership with the National Commission for Women (NCW) to conduct a digital literacy programme aimed at training women scholars in Panjab University.
- The Centre will set up the country’s biggest data centre in Bhopal with a capacity to host five lakh virtual servers. It was announced by Electronics and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad.
- The Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar has launched the National Digital Library to provide a platform for schools, universities, teachers, students and anyone who has a curiosity to learn.
- Indian Railways will become a “net zero” carbon emitter by 2030. It was announced by Railway minister Piyush Goyal.
- India’s atomic power plant operator Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) announced its first 220 MW unit at Kaiga in Karnataka has set a new record of operating for 766 days continuously.
- The world’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics was launched at Gandhinagar in Gujarat. It was inaugurated at the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University (GFSU),facilitate better management of bodies during emergencies such as disasters.
- The Punjab government has launched a mobile application —‘i-Hariyali’.The app aims to inspire people to plant more saplings to save the environment from pollution and the mobile application would enable the users to order free plant saplings.
- The Ministry of Culture has announced that ‘Adopt a Heritage’ Scheme of the Government of India is making good progress. The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India.
- The Gujarat government has announced wind-solar hybrid power policy – 2018, aiming to make optimum utilisation of the land and grid.
- Shillong has been selected as the 100th city to receive funding under the Centre’s flagship Smart Cities Mission after evaluation of the proposal submitted by it.
- The Indian Army is observing the year 2018 as the ‘Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty’ to honour soldiers who have been disabled in the line of duty while serving the nation and to celebrate the undying spirit of ‘Soldiering’.
- The Telangana police have launched a mobile-based messenger application dedicated to provide real time information to over 60,000 police officers across the State.It was launched by the Director General of Police M. Mahender Reddy.
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu has received the book “Vedvigyan Alok” (Maharishi Aitareya Mahidas Praneet – Aitareya Brahmina ki Vaigyanik Vyakhya) authored by Acharya Agnivarat Naishthik.
- The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) has commissioned fast patrol vessel (FPV) ICGS Rani Rashmoni, in Visakhapatnam.
- Smt Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the first Representative Office of Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- India hosted the 23rd European Union Film Festival (EUFF-2018) at the Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi. Nearly 24 latest European movies from 23 European countries were screened.
- The twenty-eighth Plenary Meeting of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) chaired by Ambassador Janis Zlamets of Latvia, was held in Jurmala, Latvia.
- Russia successfully launched a Glonass-M positioning satellite using a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket.The Space Forces, a branch of the Aerospace Forces, launched the satellite from the Plesetsk space center.
- IBM and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has unveiled Summit, the department’s newest supercomputer with a peak performance of 200 petaflops,
- Nepal and China has signed eight agreements worth $2.24 billion on the second day of Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli’s visit. The signing ceremony took place at the Nepal Embassy in Beijing.
- The United States withdrew from the United Nations Human Rights Council accusing it of a “chronic bias against Israel”.Nikki Haley, the US Permanent Representative to the United Nations announced the withdrawal.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- India ranks 177 out of 180 in Environmental Performance Index. In 2016, the country was ranked 141 out of 180 countries.
- The United States government has approved a deal to sell the Indian military six AH-64E Apache attack helicopters for $930 million.
- The Maharashtra government and Canada’s Quebec province have signed a pact to increase the economic cooperation, especially in areas like information technology, biotechnology, artificial intelligence and welfare nof the tribal community.
- The Flipkart-owned PhonePe has partnered with cab aggregator Ola that will allow riders to book rides using the former’s payment platform.PhonePe has also added ‘Auto-pay’ feature that allows users to make payments seamlessly.
- SoftBank Group Corp has decided to invest $60 billion-$100 billion in solar power generation in India.
- The Housing finance major HDFC has been ranked as the 5th biggest public company globally in the ‘consumer financial services category’ on a list compiled by Forbes magazine.
- Google has made “App Maker”, its low-code tool for building business apps, generally available and open to all developers, after a year and a half since the launch of its beta version.
- The US has surpassed India to become the top destination for greenfield FDI investment in 2017 with USD 87.4 billion recorded. A green field investment is a type of foreign direct investment (FDI) where a parent company builds its operations in a foreign country from the ground up.
- The Marg ERP limited, a leading Inventory and Accounting software solution company has partnered with ICICI Bank.It aims to offer an integrated payments platform to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) customers, using MARG’s accounting software.
- The Muthoot Fincorp Limited has announced its partnership with National Skill Development Corporation to train over 10,000 youth over the next three years and make them job ready.
- Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has become the richest man in the world with a net wealth of $141.9 billion. The World’s Billionaires list was released by Forbes.
- The World Bank has approved $700 million to help Bangladesh achieve its education for all vision by improving the primary education sector.
- Reliance Communications (RCom) subsidiary Global Cloud Xchange (GCX) has announced the completion of Indian data centre for Eagle Subsea Network, scheduled to be fully operational by 2020.
- Northeast India’s first small bank, North East Small Finance bank (NESFB) started its services.Tata Trust chairman Ratan Tata and Assam’s finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma launched the first 28 branches of the bank.
- The Insurance Regulator Irdai has set up a 10-member panel to review norms related to insurance marketing firm (IMF) with an aim to increase insurance penetration in the country.
- In an interesting development, the Union Water Resources Ministry has partnered with technology giant Google to generate flood warnings.
- True Balance, a Digital Wallet and Financial Services Platform has announced a tie up with Bharat Bill payment operating Unit (BBPOU), an RBI conceptualized system, to facilitate quick and easy bill payments.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
|Name of the person||Appointed for the post of||Replaces||Resigns|
|Dr. Inder Jit Singh||Secretary, Ministry of Coal||Shri Sushee||____|
|Indian-American Dhivya Suryadevara||Chief Finance Officer of the US’ largest automaker, General Motors.||_______||_______|
|Indian football team captain Sunil Chhetri||brand ambassador of online fantasy sports platform StarPick.||_______||________|
|S Sundari Nanda.||first woman Director General of Police (DGP)||______||_______|
|astronaut Peggy Whitson||________||_______||retired less than a year after returning from her last and longest spaceflight.|
|World Bank Economist Omar al-Razzaz||Jordan’s Prime Minister||______||
|Sandeep Bakhshi||as Chief Operating Officer of ICICI Bank||________||
|Mr. N.S. Kannan||as the Managing Director & CEO of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company||_____||
|Pradeep Parameswaran||as President of Uber’s India and South Asia operations.||______||
|Iván Duque||Colombia next president|
|Mehbooba Mufti||___________||Resigned as Jammu and Kashmir chief minister|
|Renowned music composer A R Rahman||Brand Ambassador of the Sikkim government.|
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Anukreethy Vas has been crowned Femina Miss India 2018 in a grand ceremony in Mumbai hosted by filmmaker Karan Johar and actor Ayushmann Khurrana.
- Indian women’s cricket team opener Smriti Mandhana, will become the first player from her country to appear in England’s Kia Super T20 League beginning July 22.
- The Veteran journalist and author Adiraju Venkateswara Rao has passed away.
- The top-seeded Swiss Roger Federer beat his Canadian opponent Milos Raonic for the 11th time in 14 meetings while winning a first Mercedes Cup (Stuttgart title). Now, Roger Federer claimed his 98th ATP title. The event was held in Germany.
- The American golfer Brooks Koepka has made history as he became the first player in 29 years to win back-to-back US Open titles at Shinnecock Hills in New York.
- The Legendary mimicry artiste and ventriloquist Nerella Venu Madhav, known for his unique style of mimicking and singing, passed away.
- The Australian golfing great Peter Thomson has passed away.
|14||The World Blood Donor Day (WBDD)||“Blood connect us all” and the slogan of this day is ‘Be there for someone else, Share Life, Give Blood|
|15||World Elder Abuse Awareness Day||“Moving from Awareness to Action through a Human Rights based approach”.|
|17||The World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought||“Land has true value – invest in it.”|
|20||The World Refugee Day||‘Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees’.|
Aspirants can use the link given below for downloading the PDF of June 15-21 Current Affairs (One liners)