DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 2, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 2, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (April 2, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Telangana Tops In eLearning Training For Field Staff :
- Telangana ranks number one in the e-Learning training program of the Department of Personnel and Training Government India for the consecutive second year in succession.
- During the financial year 2018-19, Dr. MCR HRD Institute enrolled over 20,000 field staff in different districts of the State to impart training on 12 soft skills modules and 3 domain-specific modules on RTI, Office Procedures, and Finance & amp; Accounts, apart from Sustainable Development Goals.
China Launches Its Second Generational Data Relay Satellite : Tianlian II-01
- China launched the first of its new-generation data relay satellites into orbit that will provide data relay, measurement, and control services for its manned spacecraft.
- The spacecraft is the first in China’s second generation of data relay satellite which was launched by a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China’s Sichuan Province.
India and Chile Exchange 3 MoUs For Cooperation in mining, culture, disability:
- India and Chile signed 3 MoUs in the fields of mining, culture and empowerment of persons with disabilities.
- During bilateral talks Chile announces it will allow visa-free entry to Indians holding valid US Visa.The two countries also agreed to explore opportunities for other cooperation in the defence sector.
- President Ram Nath Kovind has concluded the his visit to Chile, the last leg of his three nation visit to Bolivia, Croatia and Chile.
Currency: Chilean peso.
BANKING & BUSINESS
Reliance Mutual Fund partnering with Google to launch voice-based financial transactions :
- Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management (RNAM) joined hands with Google to enable the customers of Reliance Mutual Fund to carry out voice-based financial transactions.
- RNAM becomes the first company in India, to provide a conversational interface that would help customers regarding funds transactions.
- For the first time in India, Reliance Mutual Fund for its customers is introducing a conversational interface that would help customers shop with the fund , just by listening and speaking to your smartphone or digital device through a series of voice commands.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Becomes First Lender To levy Charges on UPI Transactions :
- Kotak Mahindra Bank becomes first lender to charge customers for UPI transactions starting 1st of May 2019 by charging Rs 2.50 per transaction for an amount value below or equal to Rs 1,000, and Rs 5 per transaction will be levied for a payment value above Rs 1,000.
- For each Kotak Bank account, the first 30 UPI fund transfers will be free, after which a charge will be levied on all fund transfers from the bank account.
- This will be applicable across all platforms, including Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay or Truecaller Pay among others.
Tata Power & Indraprastha Gas To Offer Integrated Services :
- Tata Power and Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) signed a memorandum of understanding to set up integrated customer services and optimise value for customers.
- The pact will also cover common safeguard activities of underground assets (pipes and cables) including the right of way for activities like maintenance and laying of pipes and cables, routine patrolling of under and above ground assets.
- Both the entities will also explore possibilities of cooperation in electricity generation, optical fibre network and integrated utility services for water, electricity and gas.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Google India MD Rajan Anandan Resigned :
- Rajan Anandan, Google’s vice president for Southeast Asia and managing director for India, will step down in April-end after an eight-year stint.Anandan had joined Google from Microsoft India in 2010.
- Vikas Agnihotri, country director, sales at Google, will take on the responsibility in the interim until the company finds a new managing director.
Manu Sawhney takes charge as ICC Chief Executive :
- Manu Sawhney took over as the International Cricket Council (ICC) Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Sawhney has been working alongside the outgoing CEO David Richardson for the last six weeks to ensure a smooth transition within the organisation.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Batman Will Be First Inductee Into Comic-Con Museum’s Character Hall of Fame :
- Batman will become the first Inductee of Comic-On Museum’s Character Hall of Fame,in a ceremony at 50th Annual Comic-Con International in San Diego, USA.
- The Batman is a fictional character of DC Comics. The Character of Batman was created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger.
Lewis Hamilton Won Bahrain Grand Prix 2019 :
- Lewis Hamilton, Five times world champion won Bahrain Grand Prix 2019 title by beating Valtteri Bottas of Finland who secured the second position.
- Charles Leclerc was finished at the third position and became Ferrari’s youngest ever race winner.
India Clinches 25 Medals at 12th Asian Airgun Championships :
- Indian shooters continued their dominance claiming five gold medals on the final day of the Asian Airgun Championships to sign off with a total of 25 medals in Taoyuan, Taipei.India finished with 16 gold, 5 silver, and 4 bronze medals.
- Yash finished on top in 10m Air Rifle men’s junior event. He then clinched the yellow metal in Team competition with his partners — Keval Prajpati and Aishwary Tomar.Shreya won the gold in the 10m Air Rifle women’s junior event.
India Open 2019 Concludes in New Delhi :
- The 2019 India Open, officially the YONEX-SUNRISE India Open 2019, was a badminton tournament which took place at K. D. Jadhav Indoor Hall in New Delhi, India and had a total purse of $350,000.
The complete list of Winners of India Open 2019 are as follows:
|Ratchanok Intanon – Thailand||
He Bingjiao – China
Viktor Axelsen – Denmark
Srikanth Kidambi – India
Wang Yilü and Huang Dongping – China
and Melati Daeva Oktavianti – Indonesia
Lee Yang and Wang Chi-lin – Chinese Taipei
|Ricky Karanda Suwardi and Angga Pratama – Indonesia|
and Apriyani Rahayu – Indonesia
Chow Mei Kuan
and Lee Meng Yean – Malaysia
Noted director J. Mahendran passes away :
- Noted film director J. Mahendran passed away at the age of 79, following a brief hospitalisation.He was also a part of the Blue Ocean Film and Television Academy (BOFTA) in Chennai.
World Autism Awareness Day is being observed on 2nd April :
- World Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day observed on 2nd April every year to highlight the need to help improve the quality of life of those with autism so they can lead full and meaningful lives as an integral part of society.
- The theme for World Autism Awareness Day 2019 is ‘Assistive Technologies, Active Participation’.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.