DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 6, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 6, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (April 6, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
A mobile app launched to facilitate elderly voters in Jammu : Sahulat
- An Android-based application named “Sahulat” was launched to facilitate and to encourage the elder voters for participating in the elections in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri district.
- District Election Officer of Rajouri, Mohammad Aijaz Asad launched the application for the voters who are 90 years old or above.The app has been developed by the district unit of the National Informatics Centre.
STATIC: Jammu and Kashmir
Capital: Srinagar (Summer), Jammu (Winter)
Governor: Satya Pal Malik
Phayeng Village of Manipur Becomes India’s 1st Carbon-Positive Settlement :
- Imphal West district of Manipur namely Phayeng Village has become India’s first carbon-positive settlement.
- A village is given carbon-positive tag if it sequesters more carbon than it emits, slowing accumulation of greenhouse gases (GHGs) and mitigating effects of climate change. Phayeng Village is scheduled caste village of the Chakpa community.
STATIC : Manipur
Chief Minister: Biren Singh
Governor: Najma Heptulla
Praful Patel becomes the first Indian in FIFA Executive Council:
- President of All India Football Federation (AIFF) Praful Patel, has become the first Indian to be elected as a member of FIFA Executive Council.
- Patel got 38 votes out of the total 46 votes, which only shows how highly he is regarded by the fellow Asian nations.
Micromax Rahul Sharma unveils India’s first AI-enabled e-motorcycle brand :
- Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma has announced his incursion into smart mobility with the launching of an AI (Artificial intelligence) enabled electric motorcycle. This launch is expected to hit the roads by June this year.
- He has set up Revolt Intellicorp Pvt Ltd, headquartered at Gurugram, to make personal mobility practical, affordable and sustainable, earmarking around Rs 500 crore of investment.
BANKING & ECONOMY
Lakshmi Vilas Bank board approves merger with Indiabulls Housing Finance:
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank approved the merger of the private sector lender with Indiabulls Housing Finance (IBH) through a share swap deal,which will help Indiabulls get access to low-cost stable funds and entry into banking.
- The merger will also enable Tamil Nadu-based LVB to obtain a larger geographical presence.
CCI Approves L&T’s Proposal To Acquire Up to 66.15% Stake in Mindtree:
- CCI – The Competition Commission of India approved engineering and construction major Larsen & Toubro’s (L&T’s) proposal to acquire up to 66.15% stake in Mindtree.
- With this nod, L&T has overcome the first major regulatory hurdle in its bid for ‘hostile’ takeover of the Bengaluru-headquartered IT services firm.The total deal value is estimated to be around Rs 10,800 crore.
Keshav Murugesh appointed as Chairman of NASSCOM :
- IT industry body Nasscom has appointed WNS Global Services Group CEO Keshav Murugesh as its chairman for 2019-20. He takes over from his previous role as vice-chairman of Nasscom by replacing Rishad Premji .
- Nasscom has appointed Infosys COO U.B. Pravin Rao as its vice-chairman for 2019-20.
US Treasury’s David Malpass Named World Bank President :
- David Malpass has been appointed as the President of the World Bank by replacing Former World Bank President Jim Yong Kim. He was US President Donald Trump’s nominee and won unanimous approval from the institution’s executive board.
STATIC : World Bank
Headquarters in: Washington DC, USA
Sana Dua has been designated as the brand ambassador for elections in J&K :
- Femina Miss India 2017 runner up Sana Dua has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Jammu and Kashmir election department for general polls.She is an advocate and an enthusiastic social activist.
STATIC : Assam
Chief Minister:Sarbananda Sonowal
Amal Clooney appointed as UK envoy on media freedom :
- Amal Clooney has been appointed as the U.K.’s special envoy on media freedom. The appointment comes as the U.K. prepares to host an international conference this July in the wake of attacks on journalists across the world.
- The panel will also prepare mechanisms that could be used internationally to raise the cost of non-compliance with international standards, such as advising on sanctions regime that could be put in place relating to regimes that abused journalists.
Mayoori kango has appointed as the Industry Head of Google India :
- Mayoori Kango, a former Hindi film actress has been appointed as Head of Industry – Agency partnerships in Google India.Kango was Managing Director at Performics for two years which is part of Publicis Groupe.
Belgium retained top spot : FIFA world football rankings
- Belgium continues to dominate the charts with 1737 points. The top three positions are unchanged with World Cup winner France in second spot ahead of Brazil, in third.
- England rose above Croatia, to reach No 4 this month. Indian football team gained two places to rise to 101 in the FIFA rankings.
- FIFA rankings: 1. Belgium 2. France 3. Brazil 4. England (+1) 5. Croatia (-1) 6. Uruguay (+1) 7. Portugal (-1) 8. Switzerland 9. Spain 10. Denmark
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.