DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Aug 4, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Aug 4 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Defence Ministry formulates draft Defence Production & Export Promotion Policy 2020:
- DPEPP-2020 is envisaged as overarching guiding document of Defence Ministry to provide a focused, structured and significant thrust to defence production capabilities of the country for self-reliance and exports. The DPEPP 2020 will make the defence sector more ‘Atmanirbhar’.
Andhra Pradesh government ties up with ITC, HUL and P&G for women’s economic empowerment:
- Andhra Pradesh government signed a pact with three FMCG companies Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL), ITC and Procter and Gamble (P&G) for marketing and technology support for economic empowerment of women under two new schemes to be launch.
Andhra Pradesh CM Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy launched cybercrime awareness programme ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’:
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, S. Jaganmohan Reddy launched a one-month long virtual cybercrime awareness programme ‘E-Raksha Bandhan’ in Amaravati. The Aim of the Programme is to create awareness among women, youth and children on Cyber Crimes across the state.
- Capital: Amaravati
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
- Folk dances: Kuchipudi, Vilasini Natyam, Bhamakalpam, Veeranatyam.
- National Park: Sri Venkateswara National Park ,Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda National Park.
Ministry of Tourism holds its 44th webinar on “Heritage Tourism in Gujarat” under Dekho Apna Desh series:
- The state encompasses some sites of the ancient Indus Valley Civilisation, such as Lothal, Dholavira and GolaDhoro. Lothal is believed to be one of the world’s first seaports. Gujarat’s coastal cities, chiefly Bharuch and Khambhat, served as ports.
Rajiv Gandhi International Airport receives UNICEF-funded mass fever screening system:
- To enhance the efficacy of the screening process at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, in coordination with Asian Development Bank, has provided a state-of-the-art Thermal Scanner – a Mass Fever Screening System, funded by UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund).
AIIB in talks with India for financing $8 billion health infrastructure scheme:
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is in discussion with the Indian government for financing a USD 8-billion scheme for improving health infrastructure at the district level to make the country better prepared for the future healthcare challenges.
Banking and Economy:
Bandhan Bank holding firm sells 20.95% stake to meet RBI norms:
- Bandhan Bank has met the promoter holding norms of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) after its holding company Bandhan Financial Holdings Ltd (BFHL) sold 95% stake in the bank to at least seven investors. GIC is an existing shareholder of Bandhan Bank.
- Headquarters: Kolkata.
- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh.
- Tagline: “Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai”.
Bank of Baroda Credit Card offers EMIs on PoS Terminals in partnership with Innoviti:
- Bank of Baroda Credit Card customers get another unique offering in terms of convenient and affordable EMI options, as BOB Financial Solutions Limited ties up with Innoviti Payment Solutions.
- Bank of Baroda credit cardholders pan India can receive the service from over 70,000 Innoviti POS terminals across more than 1,000 cities.
Bank of Baroda (BOB):
- Headquarters: Baroda (Vadodara) , Gujarat
- MD & CEO: Sanjiv Chadha.
- Chairman: Hasmukh Adhia
- Tagline: “India’s International Bank”.
Mohamed Irfaan Ali elected as President of Guyana:
- Former Guyanese housing minister Mohamed Irfaan Ali has been named as the President of the Guyana. He is a member of the opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP). He succeeds David Arthur(A.) Granger.
- Capital: Georgetown
- Currency: Guyanese Dollar.
Sashidhar Jagdishan to succeed Aditya Puri as HDFC Bank CEO:
- Sashidhar Jagdishan will be the new CEO of HDFC Bank to replace the private lender’s long-serving leader Aditya Puri. Jagdishan was one of three candidates shortlisted for approval by the Reserve Bank of India.
Jaideep Bhatnagar appointed as Director General of AIR News:
- Jaideep Bhatnagar, an Indian Information Service Officer of 1986 batch, has taken over the charge as Director General, News Services Division of All India Radio. He replaces Ms. Ira Joshi, who superannuated as Principal Director General, AIR News.
Government appoints 3 members of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs:
- Bureaucrats Ajay Jain, Vivek Johri & Sungita Sharma have been appointed as members of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs .The board, top policy making body for indirect taxes, is headed by a chairperson. It can have a maximum of six members.
IFSCA Set Up Expert Committee headed by Pradip Shah to Suggest Ways to Develop of International Retail Businesses:
- The committee will recommend a roadmap for the future growth of international retail business in IFSC. The committee, headed by Indasia Fund Advisors Pvt Ltd Chairman Pradip Shah, may invite industry experts as special invitees on need basis.
Dr Rajesh Kumar becomes new Chief Secretary of Manipur:
- Rajesh Kumar, IAS has been appointed as the next Chief Secretary of the state of Manipur by Manipur Governor Najma Heptullah The current Chief Secretary J.Suresh Babu who retired on 31st July, 2020. Rajesh Kumar is a 1988 batch IAS officer of Manipur Cadre.
Science and Technology
IIT Kharagpur researchers awarded for generating power from wet clothes:
- A group of researchers from IIT Kharagpur has conferred the ‘Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Awards 2020’ for developing a mechanism for generating electricity from wet clothes left under sunlight to dry.
- The ‘Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Awards’ was instituted by the Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institution (SRISTI).
Awards and Recognitions
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) announces Young Scientist Award 2020:
- The awards are set to be given to seven scientists working in different institutions of CSIR for their achievements in biological sciences, chemical sciences, earth, atmosphere, ocean and planetary sciences, engineering sciences and physical sciences. CSIR confers YS Award every year in the five disciplines.
Sandro Wagner retires from football at the age of 32:
- Former Bayern Munich and Germany striker Sandro Wagner has surprisingly hung up his boots at the age of 32. Wagner also appeared for Werder Bremen, Hertha BSC and Hoffenheim among others. Wagner won the UEFA U21 2009 European Championships.
India withdraws from Women’s World Team Squash Championship 2020:
- Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) has withdrawn from the Women’s World Team Squash Championship 2020,due to lack of preparation, time and match-readiness of athletes, which is scheduled in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from December 15 to 20,2020.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.