DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : December 25 & 26, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (December 25 & 26, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – December 25 & 26, 2019 now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
25 December – Good Governance Day (India)
- Good Governance Day in India is observed on 25 December to commemorate the birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee, His Samadhi namely ‘Sadiav Atal’ was dedicated to the nation and reflects his personality as a poet, humanist, statesman, and a great leader.
- He died at the age of 93 on 16 August 2018.
- The Good Governance Day was established in 2014 to pay tribute to the former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee to raise awareness about the accountability in governance among the people of India.
- Minister of State for Public Grievances and Pensions Dr Jitendra Singh today launched Good Governance Index in New Delhi on the occasion of Good Governance Day.
Nation pays homage to Shaheed Udham Singh on his 120th birth anniversary on December 26
- Nation pays homage to the great revolutionary, Shaheed Udham Singh on his 120th birth anniversary.
- He was born on this day in 1899 in Sangrur district of Punjab.Udham Singh was present in the Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar on the fateful Baisakhi Day of 13 April 1919.
- He avenged the massacre by killing General O’Dwyer in March 1940,and was hanged by the British in London.
All villages to have free WiFi services by March 2020
- Communication and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has said that free WiFi services will be provided to all villages across the country through Bharatnet till March next year.
- Inaugurating Digital Village Gurawara in Rewari in Haryana, the Ministry has already connected one lakh 30 thousand gram panchayats through Bharatnet.
- The target is to take this to two lakh 50 thousand gram panchayats.The target of the government is to convert at least 15 per cent of villages to the digital village in the next four years.
Good Governance Index launched
- Speaking on the occasion, Dr Jitendra Singh said that Good Governance Index has been scientifically designed on various parameters of governance.
- He said that it has been designed keeping in mind the citizen-centricity, which is the prime mantra of Government led by PM Shri Narendra Modi.
- He added that GGI would also seek to determine the status of governance as it exists today and it will provide reference threshold for future also.
- Dr Jitendra Singh said that documentation of good governance index is our effort in the direction to carry forward Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision for good governance.
- Portfolio of Mr. Jitendra Singh : Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region; Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office; Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Minister of State in the Department of Atomic Energy; and Minister of State in the Department of Space.
- Constituency: Udahmpur (Jammu & Kashmir)
15 crore households to get clean drinking water in next five years
- Launching the Atal Bhujal Yojana in New Delhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Atal Jal Yojana or the guidelines related to the Jal Jeevan Mission are big steps to deliver water to every household in the country by 2024.
- He said, the water crisis not only affects citizens and families but also the nation and its development.
- The Prime Minister said, only three crore out of 18 crore rural households today have clean piped water and the Government has aimed to provide the remaining 15 crore rural households with piped water in the next five years.
- Mr Modi urged farmers to switch over to crops that use less water and exhorted people not to waste the precious natural resource in daily household needs. He called upon people to make a water action plan in every village and create a water fund.
- On the occasion, Mr Modi also named Rohtang passageway in Himachal Pradesh as Atal Tunnel to mark the 95th birth anniversary of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Digital Radio to be launched in 2024: Prakash Javadekar
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar has said that NDA government is bringing Digital Radio in 2024.
- Addressing the annual Akashvani awards function in New Delhi yesterday, Mr Javadekar said, the audio of digital radio will be more clear and its reach will be higher. The Minister said, All India Radio is an institution which is a part of people’s lives, be it music, news or entertainment.
- Prasar Bharati Chairman Dr A Surya Prakash said, AIR news commands huge credibility. He said, Akashvani has one of the largest news gathering and dissemination apparatus in the world.
- Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati said, Prasar Bharti is looking forward to a change in the format of these awards so that it brings out the hidden talent of the people.
NITI Aayog to launch 2nd edition of SDG India Index on Dec 30
- NITI Aayog will launch the second edition of the Sustainable Development Goals, SDG India Index on 30th of this month in New Delhi.
- The SDG India Index documents the progress made by India’s States and Union Territories towards implementing the 2030 SDG targets.
- The SDG India Index and Dashboard 2019-20 have been developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, the United Nations in India, and the Global Green Growth Institute.
- The SDG India Index will be launched by Vice Chairman NITI Aayog Dr Rajiv Kumar
Dharmendra Pradhan unveils India’s first long-distance CNG bus
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today unveiled India’s first long-distance CNG bus fitted with CNG cylinders at a function in New Delhi.
- It can travel around one thousand kilometers in a single fill.
- Talking to reporters, Mr Pradhan said, this is a revolutionary step which help reduce vehicular pollution.
- He said the first long-range interstate CNG bus will ply from Delhi to Dehradun.
- Mr Pradhan said such type of buses will soon ply between Delhi to Jaipur, Chandigarh and Agra.
- The project has been executed by Indraprastha Gas Limited, the largest CNG distribution company in the country.
Cabinet approves signing of MoU between India & Brazil on Bioenergy Cooperation
- The Cabinet has given its approval for signing of Memorandum of Understanding between India and Brazil on Bioenergy Cooperation.
- India and Brazil are major consumers of energy in the world and Brazil is one of the most important trading partners of India in the entire Latin America and Caribbean region.
- Brazil is currently the world’s second largest producer and consumer of biofuels.
- Biofuels and bioelectricity accounted for 18 per cent of Brazil’s energy mix.
- India also has a strong focus in the area of biofuels and has set a target to achieve 20 percent blending of ethanol in petrol and 5 percent blending of biodiesel in a diesel by 2030 with the announcement of the new policy on Biofuels in 2018.
- During the meeting between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of Brazil in India in 2016, the two sides agreed to cooperate on research and development of renewable energies, as well as in the field of second-generation biofuels
Telangana govt raises retirement age of RTC staff
- Telangana government has decided to raise the retirement age of employees of the Road Transport Corporation, RTC to 60 from the current 58 years.
- The decision will be applicable to all cadres of employees of the state-owned RTC.
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao also asked RTC management to launch cargo and parcel services to all destinations wherever an RTC bus could reach in the state.
Renowned Hindi author Ganga Prasad Vimal killed in road accident
- Renowned Hindi author Ganga Prasad Vimal was killed in a road accident in Sri Lanka. His daughter, granddaughter and a local driver were also killed in the accident.
- HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ condoled his demise. He said that Vimal’s death is an irreparable loss to the world of literature and a personal loss for him.
- Born in 1939 in Uttarkashi, Vimal wrote more than a dozen poetry collections, short story collections and novels.
Kohli among five Wisden cricketers of the decade
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli is one of the five players named in the Wisden Cricketers of the Decade.
- Kohli joins Australian batsman Steve Smith, and South Africans, Dale Steyn, and AB de Villiers. Australian all-rounder Ellyse Perry is the only female cricketer in the list.
Leander Paes to retire from Tennis in 2020
- Indian tennis ace Leander Paes has announced that 2020 will be his last year as a professional tennis player.
- The 46-year old will bid adieu to the sport after next season. Leander announced on Twitter that he will be picking and choosing tournaments next year to meet his fans all around the world.
- Leander, who made his Olympic debut in 1992, will look for one final flourish at Tokyo Olympics next year. The Indian has made 7 appearances in a row at the Olympics making him the only tennis player ever to do so.
- Paes has won eight doubles and ten mixed doubles Grand Slam titles.
India may host Commonwealth Shooting Championships in 2022
- Chances of India hosting a Commonwealth Shooting Championship in 2022 have brightened after the Commonwealth Games Federation asked Indian Olympic Association to submit a formal proposal for its consideration.
- This is being seen as an idea mooted to compensate for the sport’s exclusion from the Birmingham Commonwealth games. Shooting has been axed from the 2022 edition by Birmingham Organising Committee, citing logistical issues.
- The move triggered angry reactions from the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and the national shooting federation (NRAI).
Manu Bhaker, Anish Bhanwala clinch five gold medals at National C’ships
- Commonwealth Games champions Manu Bhaker and clinched gold medals at the 63rd National Shooting Championships in Bhopal.
- The 17-year-old Bhaker, representing Haryana, clinched four gold medals (individual and team events in senior and junior) in the women’s 10 meter air pistol.
- She shot 243 to emerge triumphant in the eight-woman final.
- She then shot 588 to top qualifications and equal the record set by Annu Raj Singh in the South Asian Games.
- Her state-mate Anish, also 17, won individual gold medal in the senior men’s 25 meter rapid fire pistol event to stamp his dominance.
- Bhanwala shot 28 in the rapid fire final to leave behind Bhavesh Shekhawat of Rajasthan who ended with 26 while Chandigarh’s Vijayveer Sidhu came third with 22 hits.
- Devanshi Dhama bagged the silver in the senior women’s 10-meter air pistol event while Yashaswini Singh Deshwal won the bronze medal in the same event.
- Manu Bhaker and Yashaswini have already secured quotas for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of December 25 & 26, 2019 now from the link given below. (It took topper to score 15/15 in 6 minutes 18 seconds, beat that if you can).
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.