DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : December 27 & 28, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (December 27 & 28, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – December 27 & 28, 2019 now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
More than 1 crore houses sanctioned under PM Awas Yojana (Urban)
- More than one crore houses have been sanctioned under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban).
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Puri informed that one crore houses have already been sanctioned out of a validated demand of 1.12 crore houses in urban areas.
- He said a total of 57 lakh houses are in various stages of construction of which, nearly 30 Lakh houses have been completed. PMAY (U) is one of the largest affordable housing programmes in the world.
- Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Durga Shanker Mishra informed that the Mission has covered a range of social groups.
- Around 1.20 crore employment has been generated through forward and backward linkages with about 250 auxiliary industries like, steel, brick kilns, cement, paint, hardware, and sanitary.
Rajnath Singh launches mobile app of forthcoming DefExpo 2020
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched the mobile app of the forthcoming DefExpo 2020 to be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- The app provides detailed information about the day-to-day events, participating exhibitors, guest speakers of seminars, maps and directions of the venues.
- Mr Singh also reviewed the preparations of DefExpo. During the meeting, senior officials informed that a record number of over 880 exhibiters, including foreign companies, have registered so far.
Vice-President dedicates LPG bottling plant at Balangir in Odisha
- Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu today dedicated to the nation, the LPG bottling plant at Balangir in Odisha via video conferencing from Raipur in Chhattisgarh.
- His scheduled visit was cancelled due to inclement weather. Vice President, who waited for two hours at the Raipur airport to board the special chopper to Balangir, dedicated the plant and addressed to the gathering through video conferencing. In his absence, Odisha Governor Prof. Ganeshi Lal inaugurated the BPCL’s LPG bottling plant.
Indian Air Force Bids farewell to MiG 27
- The MiG-27, which proved to be an ace attacker during the 1999 Kargil War roared through the skies for one last time today after serving the Indian Air Force for over three decades
- The upgraded variant of this last swing-wing fleet has been the pride of IAF strike fleet since 2006.
- All other variants, such as MiG-23 BN and MiG-23 MF and the pure MiG-27 have already retired from IAF.
- It said, the fleet earned its glory in the historic Kargil conflict when it delivered rockets and bombs with accuracy on enemy positions. The fleet also took active part in Operation Parakram.
Health Minister inaugurates second edition of Eat Right Mela in New Delhi
- Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has said, the right kind of diet will help to reduce the disease burden in the country.
- Inaugurating the second edition of Eat Right Mela in New Delhi, the Minister said, healthy eating should become a people’s movement.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan stated that the Eat Right Mela is a commendable effort and outreach activity for citizens to nudge them towards eating right.
Rohtang tunnel in Himachal Pradesh named as Atal tunnel
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi named Rohtang passageway in Himachal Pradesh as Atal Tunnel to mark the 95th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said, the tunnel has been named as a tribute to the former Prime Minister who took the historic decision of constructing this strategic tunnel.
- He said, after completion of the tunnel, it will provide all weather connectivity to remote areas of Lahaul and Spiti Valley and also reduce the distance between Manali and Leh by 46 Kilometres.
Mumbai: CSMT gets ‘Eat Right’ station certificate
- Representational Image Iconic Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) railway station in Mumbai has been conferred with ‘Eat Right Station’ certification with the five-star rating by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for food safety and hygiene.
- An official release said that the CSMT is the first station on the Central Railway to get this certification.
- ‘Eat Right Station‘ initiative is a part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement launched by FSSAI and an FMCG major which is aimed at promoting food safety and hygiene at the static catering units at railway stations.
5th Round of India-Japan Maritime Affairs Dialogue was held in Tokyo
- 5th round of India-Japan Maritime Affairs dialogue was held in Tokyo, Japan.
- During this dialogue, India and Japan agreed to deepen their maritime cooperation.
- Apart from the dialogue, the 8th Round of India-Japan bilateral consultations on disarmament, non-proliferation and export control was also held in Tokyo.
- Indian delegation: The Indian delegation was led by Indra Mani Pandey, Additional Secretary in Disarmament and International Security Affairs under the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Japanese delegation: The delegation from the Japanese side for the 5th round dialogue was led by Ambassador Yamanaka A.
- Capital– Tokyo (also the largest city).
- Currency– Japanese yen.
- Prime Minister– Shinzo Abe.
President addresses Golden Jubilee celebrations of Vivekananda Rock Memorial
- President Ramnath Kovind has said that the vision and enthusiasm of Swami Vivekananda continue to inspire the nation and its youth. He was addressing the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the Vivekananda Rock Memorial in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu.
- The President recalled that Kanyakumari held a special place in the life of Swami Vivekananda. He pointed out that the Swamiji had spent three days in meditation in Kanyakumari, before embarking on his famous trip to Chicago for addressing the World Conference of Religions.
- Mr Kovind also had special words of praise for the Rock Memorial, built on a rock at the confluence of three oceans, which attracts tens of thousands of visitors every year.
Portrait of Atal Bihari Vajpayee inaugurated at Raj Bhavan in Kolkata
- A portrait of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was inaugurated at Raj Bhavan in Kolkata on his birthday.
- The State Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar unveiled it at a function.
- Speaking on the occasion Mr. Dhankhar recalled the contribution of Vajpayee in nation-building.
- He said that during his leadership India overcame sanctions of some superpower countries and went for Pokhran tests besides winning Kargil war against Pakistan.
- Distinguished persons of different fields were present at the function.
Madhya Pradesh: Mandu Festival to begin
- The first edition of Mandu Festival will begin at Mandu, picturesque fort city of Madhya Pradesh.
- The five-day event organized by Madhya Pradesh Tourism Board will witness a celebration of the historic heritage blended with the modern vibrancy of the city culture.
- Based on the idea of Khojne Me Kho Jao, the Mandu festival will offer an eclectic mix of performing arts, workshops, art installations, nature trails, walks, food, architecture and music to the visitors during the festival.
National Tribal Dance Festival begins in Raipur
- National Tribal Dance Festival has begun in Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh, today.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi inaugurated the festival.
- The inaugural function was presided over by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel.
- The National Tribal Dance Festival is being organized in Chhattisgarh for the first time.
- More than 1300 participants from 25 states & UTs of the country and six countries are participating in this three-day dance fest. These folk dance teams will present their respective folk art cultures.
- During these three days, 29 tribal troupes will present more than 43 styles of four different dance forms.
‘Colours of the Mountain’ author Da Chen passes away
- China’s brilliant storyteller, Da Chen, who created the critically acclaimed memoir “Colours of the Mountain” passed away.
- In “Colours of the Mountain” he recounted the abuses he and his family suffered during the latter years of the country’s Cultural Revolution. The book was published in seven languages. His last book which was published recently was “Girl Under a Red Moon”.
Veteran Political cartoonist Vikas Sabnis passes away
- Veteran Political cartoonist Vikas Sabnis passed away last night in Mumbai due to cardiac arrest.
- He was 69. He was unwell and undergoing treatment since last few days.
- His last rites will be performed in Mumbai.
- He had completed 50 years of illustrious career in 2018. Inspired by Bal Thackeray and RK Laxman, he had started his career in 1968. Since then, for over 50 years, Sabnis has worked as a staff cartoonist at various newspapers, including the Times of India and the Mid-day.
Books and Author
S Gurumurthy releases book titled Politics of Opportunism
- Economist and Political Analyst S Gurumurthy released a book titled Politics of Opportunism at a function in New Delhi.
- The book was written by R P N Singh which throws light on the subject related to rise of regional parties and Centre -States relation. On the occasion, Mr Gurumurthy shared his views on politics of opportunism.
- He said Citizenship Amendment Act grants citizenship to the minority communities who have faced religious persecution in three neighbouring countries and came to India.
Book to chronicle India’s Olympic journey
- A book titled “Dreams of a Billion: India and the Olympic Games” author by Boria Majumdar with Nalin Mehta released. The book will be published by HarperCollins India in January 2020.
- The book comprises of all the wins, the misses, the star sportspersons, their stories, and the challenges and possibilities that lie ahead of India to make its mark in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Hemant Soren to be sworn in as Jharkhand CM
- Hemant Soren to take oath as 11th CM of Jharkhand on 29th December
- Jharkhand chief minister (CM) Raghubar Das has submitted his resignation to governor Draupadi Murmu at Raj Bhavan in Ranchi after being ousted from power due to the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) election defeat.
- JMM (Jharkhand Mukti Morcha)-Congress-RJD(Rashtriya Janata Dal) alliance set to form a new government with 47 seats in the 81-member Jharkhand assembly.
- The ruling BJP was reduced to 25 seats and incumbent CM Raghubar Das was defeated from his bastion Jamshedpur East.
Weightlifter Seema banned for four years for doping
- India’s Commonwealth Championship silver medallist weightlifter Seema has been slapped with a four-year suspension for a doping violation.
- In a statement, the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) said Seema’s dope sample was collected this year during the 34th Women National Weightlifting Championship in Vishakhapatnam.
- “The analysis report of her sample returned an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) for presence of a prohibited substance namely Hydroxy-4-methoxy Temoxifen (Metabolite of Tamoxifen), Selective Estrogen Receptor Modular (SERM) Metenolone, Anabolic Steroid Ostarine ( Enobosram), Selective Androgen Receptor Modular (SARM).”
- They are all non-specified substances as per the WADA prohibited list of 2019.
Seema won a silver medal in the 2017 Commonwealth Championships and finished sixth in the women’s 75kg competition at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games in 2018.
South African seamer Vernon Philander announces retirement
- South African all-rounder Vernon Philander announced international retirement from all forms of cricket after the conclusion of the upcoming Test series against England.
- He has played 97 matches across all three formats, taking a combined 261 wickets with 1784 runs in his international career.
- He also took 51 wickets in his first seven Test matches which earned him the 2012 SA Cricketer of the Year award.
MS Dhoni named captain of CA’s ODI team of the decade
- Former India skipper and wicket-keeper batsman MS Dhoni been named captain of Cricket Australia’s (CA) ODI team of the decade and the line-up features three Indian players.
- Apart from Dhoni, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma have made the cut in CA’s team.
- CA’s ODI team of the decade: Rohit Sharma, Hashim Amla, Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Shakib Al Hasan, Jos Buttler, MS Dhoni (c), Mitchell Starc, Trent Boult, Lasith Malinga, Rashid Khan.
England World Cup winner Martin Peters passes away
- Former West Ham and Tottenham midfielder Martin Peters, who scored England’s second goal in the 1966 World Cup final against West Germany, passed away.
- He joined West Ham in 1959 as a 15-year-old, made his debut in 1962 and was a key player in the side who won the 1965 Cup Winners Cup final at Wembley.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of December 27 & 28, 2019 now from the link given below. (It took topper to score 15/15 in 6 minutes 18 seconds, beat that if you can).
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.