Daily Current Affairs: December 4, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (December 4, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Navy Day (India) – 4 December
- The Navy Day (India) is observed on 4 December every year to recognise the efforts and achievements of the Indian Navy in Operation Trident conducted during the Indo–Pakistan War in 1971.
- The Indian Navy was established in 1612 by the British East India Company.
- The theme of 2021 Navy Day (India) is ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’, signifying 50 years of India’s victory in the Indo–Pakistan War that took place in 1971.
International Day of Banks – 4 December
- International Day of Banks is observed on 4 December every year to highlight the role of banking in financial inclusion and sustainable development and to reaffirm the importance of reaching the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The International Day of Banks was added to the list of United Nations (UN) international days in December 2019.
Union Government extends timeline for the implementation of the Smart Cities Mission to June 2023
- The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has extended the timeline for the implementation of the Smart Cities Mission to June 2023 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Smart Cities Mission was launched on 25 June 2015 by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.
- The cities were supposed to finish their initiatives within five years of being chosen for the Smart Cities Mission according to an earlier deadline.
- The cities that have been selected in 2016 or 2018 will have to complete their projects under the mission by June 2023.
- The objective of the Smart Cities Mission is to promote sustainable and inclusive cities that provide core infrastructure and give a decent quality of life to its citizens, a clean and sustainable environment and the application of ‘smart’ solutions.
Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant launches the Goa Electricity Mobility Promotion Policy 2021 to promote e-vehicle usage
- Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant launched the Goa Electricity Mobility Promotion Policy 2021 at the ‘Round Table to Promote Electric Mobility’ event organised by the Union Ministry of Heavy Industries to promote e-vehicle usage.
- This policy’s major goal is to promote the usage of battery-powered vehicles and also create jobs for the people of Goa.
- The Goa Government will also provide subsidies to the buyers of e-vehicles and to set up charging infrastructure.
- Capital: Panaji
- Chief Minister: Pramod Sawant
- Governor: P. S. Sreedharan Pillai
- National Park: Mollem National Park
Banking & Economy
Paytm Money launches Portfolio Management Services marketplace for high net-worth individual investors
- Paytm Money, Paytm’s wholly-owned subsidiary, has established a Portfolio Management Services (PMS) marketplace for its high-net-worth individuals (HNI). This marketplace was launched along with PMS Bazaar, which is a PMS advisory start-up.
- PMS is an investment service offered to HNIs with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) mandating a minimum investment of ₹50 lakhs.
- The PMS marketplace offers key parameters for each scheme, such as total assets, inception date, benchmark and fund manager details.
- Earlier, Paytm Money had introduced a feature for users to apply in IPOs as HNI investors.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) receives a ₹15-crores grant loan from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction (JFPR) for urban primary healthcare usage across India
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has received a grant of nearly ₹15 crores from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction (JFPR) to enhance urban primary healthcare usage across India.
- This grant is aligned with the ADB-supported $300 million (₹2,249 crores) comprehensive primary health care under the Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana (PM-ASBY), which was recently renamed as Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission (PM-ABHIM).
Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund launches India’s first Nifty Alpha 50 Exchange Traded Fund
- Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund has launched India’s first-ever Nifty Alpha 50 ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) called the Kotak Nifty Alpha 50 ETF.
- It is an open-ended scheme that will track the Nifty Alpha 50 index and allow investors to invest in a well-diversified portfolio of high-alpha stocks.
- This New Fund Offer (NFO) will be open for subscription till 15 December 2021.
- Kotak’s Nifty Alpha 50 ETF will track the performance of 50 stocks listed with the National Stock Exchange (NSE) with high Alpha in the last one year.
Ranks and Indices
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) ranks first in the 10th Annual World Cooperative Monitor (WCM) report
- The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) was ranked as the ‘number one Cooperative’ among the top 300 cooperatives according to the 2021 edition of the 10th Annual World Cooperative Monitor (WCM) report.
- This report was published by the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA).
- The ranking is based on the ratio of turnover over the gross domestic product (GDP) per capita.
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1967
Awards and Recognitions
Delhi’s Nizamuddin Basti project wins two UNESCO heritage awards
- Delhi’s Nizamuddin Basti project has received two awards at the UNESCO Asia–Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation for 2021.
- This project has won the prestigious Award of Excellence and another award in the Special Recognition for Sustainable Development category from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- This Nizamuddin urban renewal project was started in 2007 and has successfully unified the segregated zones of the seven-century old settlement of the Nizamuddin Basti and its surrounding 70 acres.
Pradip Shah was appointed as the Chairman of the National Asset Reconstruction Company
- Aditya Birla Asset Reconstruction Company Managing Director Sanjay Jain will be the Chief Executive of the India Debt Resolution Company (IDRCL).
National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
Awards and Recognitions
Assam Government confers the highest civilian award Asom Bhaibav to Ratan Tata
- Assam Government has bestowed the ‘Asom Bhaibav’ award, Assam’s highest civilian honour, to renowned entrepreneur Ratan Tata in recognition of his contributions to cancer care in Assam on the occasion of Assam Diwas.
- Ratan Tata is the Chairman of Tata Sons.
Ajaz Patel becomes the third bowler to take ten wickets in a Test cricket innings after Anil Kumble and Jim Laker
- New Zealand bowler Ajaz Patel made history by being the third bowler to ever take all ten wickets in a Test cricket innings on the second day of the Test match against India at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai.
- Earlier, Australia’s Jim Laker was the first cricketer to scalp ten wickets in a Test innings in 1956 and that was followed by India’s Anil Kumble in 1999 against Pakistan.
Former Governor of Tamil Nadu and Ex-Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh K. Rosaiah passed away
- The former Chief Minister of erstwhile combined Andhra Pradesh and the erstwhile Governor of Tamil Nadu Konijeti Rosaiah passed away at the age of 88.
- He first entered politics in 1968 as a member of the Legislative Council. He was later elected to the Chirala constituency as a Member of the Legislative Assembly. During his tenure, he held numerous positions and was the longest-serving Finance Minister of Andhra Pradesh, presenting the budget 16 times.
Daily CA- 4 December One-Liners
|Navy Day (India) – 4 December|
|International Day of Banks – 4 December|
|Union Government extends timeline for the implementation of the Smart Cities Mission to June 2023|
|Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant launches the Goa Electricity Mobility Promotion Policy 2021 to promote e-vehicle usage|
|Paytm Money launches Portfolio Management Services marketplace for high net-worth individual investors|
|Asian Development Bank (ADB) receives a ₹15-crores grant loan from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction (JFPR) for urban primary healthcare usage across India|
|Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund launches India’s first Nifty Alpha 50 Exchange Traded Fund|
|Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) ranks first in the 10th Annual World Cooperative Monitor (WCM) report|
|Delhi’s Nizamuddin Basti project wins two UNESCO heritage awards|
|Pradip Shah was appointed as the Chairman of the National Asset Reconstruction Company|
|Assam Government confers the highest civilian award Asom Bhaibav to Ratan Tata|
|Ajaz Patel becomes the third bowler to take ten wickets in a Test cricket innings after Anil Kumble and Jim Laker|
|Former Governor of Tamil Nadu and Ex-Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh K. Rosaiah passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of December 4, 2021, now from the link given below.