Daily Current Affairs: February 24, 2022
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
Daily Current Affairs: February 24, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (February 24, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – February 22, 2022, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
SUBSCRIBE to Race Youtube Channel for CA QUIZ LIVE Sessions
Check: Previous – Daily Current Affairs – Banking Exam
Central Excise Day in India – 24 February
- Central Excise Day in India is celebrated every year on 24 February to honour the contributions of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). This day also commemorates the anniversary of the enactment of the Central Excise and Salt Act on 24 February 1944.
Union Minister Shri Giriraj Singh launches the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAYG) Dashboard
- Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Giriraj Singh has launched the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin (PMAYG) Dashboard for stringent monitoring of the implementation of the scheme.
- The dashboard will be used by the Stakeholders of PMAYG for monitoring and managerial purpose.
JICA green signal for Pune’s Rs 1,000 crore river clean-up project
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has approved the tendering process for a ₹ 1,000 crores project for cleaning up Pune’s rivers, Mula, Mutha and Mula-Mutha (confluence of both rivers).
- This project was aimed at improving the water quality by augmenting sewage collection systems and sewage treatment facilities in Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) area.
NASSCOM centre launches Smart Manufacturing Forum for MSMEs
- NASSCOM Centre of Excellence (CoE), Gandhinagar, has launched the Smart Manufacturing Forum, an initiative to help MSMEs adopt ‘Industry 4.0’
- This forum will help manufacturing enterprises with an annual turnover of less than ₹ 1,000 crore start, scale, and sustain the adoption of Industry 4.0 solutions that can aid in optimising operations, maximising capacity utilisation, and building a resilient supply chain.
Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurates the Dredging Museum ‘Nikarshan Sadan’ in Visakhapatnam
- Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and AYUSH Sarbananda Sonowal has inaugurated the DCI (Dredging Corporation of India) Dredging Museum ‘Nikarshan Sadan’ at DCI campus in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- This museum displayed models of different types of dredgers, vintage photos and historical milestones of this dredging behemoth from the Eastern Port City of Visakhapatnam.
WHO sets up a global bio-manufacturing training hub in the Republic of Korea
- World Health Organization (WHO) set up a global biomanufacturing training hub in the Republic of Korea to serve low- and middle-income countries looking to produce biologicals, such as vaccines, insulin, monoclonal antibodies and cancer treatments.
- This facility will provide technical and hands-on training on operational and good manufacturing practices and will complement specific training developed by the mRNA vaccine technology transfer hub in South Africa.
Banking and Economy
Edelweiss General Insurance partners with Ashv Finance for MSME loan protection plans
- Digital Insurer Edelweiss General Insurance (EGI) has joined hands with Ashv Finance to offer financial protection to latter’s business loan borrowers.
- This policy will provide security against the business loan taken in case the borrower has an unfortunate incident of an accident or critical illness.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Bharti Airtel acquires strategic stake in Singapore-based blockchain technology start-up Aqilliz
- Bharti Airtel has acquired a strategic investment in Aqilliz, a Singapore-based blockchain technology startup to mixes differential privacy and federated learning on a distributed digital ledger
Indian Navy’s multi-national exercise ‘MILAN’ was held in Visakhapatnam
- Indian Navy’s multilateral exercise MILAN 2022 was held in the ‘City of Destiny’, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. This exercise aims to improve operational skills, imbibe best practices and procedures.
- The theme of the MILAN 2022 exercise is ‘Camaraderie – Cohesion – Collaboration’ which aims to project India as a responsible maritime power to the world at large.
Tejas participates in prestigious Cobra Warrior exercises of the Royal Air Force in the U.K.
- India’s first indigenously designed, developed and manufactured Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, participated in ‘Cobra Warrior’ exercises, a multi-nation air exercise at Royal Air Force (station) Waddington, United Kingdom.
- The Cobra Warrior exercises are the largest joint military exercises conducted by the Royal Air Force (RAF) in the United Kingdom for over a decade.
Science and Technology
DRDO and IIT Delhi successfully demonstrates Quantum Key Distribution link between Prayagraj and Vindhyachal
- A joint team of scientists from Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and IIT Delhi successfully demonstrated the Quantum Key Distribution link between Prayagraj and Vindhyachal in Uttar Pradesh, a distance of more than 100 kilometres.
- This technological breakthrough was achieved over a commercial-grade optical fibre already available in the field.
IKEA India appoints Susanne Pulverer as first women CEO
- The world’s leading Swedish home furnishings retailer IKEA (part of Ingka Group) has appointed Susanne Pulverer as its new and first woman Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) for its India business. She succeeded Peter Betzel.
Rakesh Sharma was re-appointed as the MD and CEO of the IDBI Bank for 3 years
- IDBI Bank’s Board of Directors has approved the re-appointment of Rakesh Sharma as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the bank for three years with effect from 19 March 2022.
- He had joined IDBI Bank as MD & CEO in October 2018. Prior to joining IDBI Bank, he was MD and CEO of Canara Bank from September 2015 till July 2018.
Awards and Recognitions
General M. M. Naravane presents Presidential Colours to four Para battalions
- Chief of Army Staff General M. Naravane presented Presidential Colours to four parachute battalions at Parachute Regiment Training Centre in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- The four battalions are the 11 Para (Special Forces), 21 Para (Special Forces), 23 Para and 29 Para
- The award of President’s Colours ‘Nishan’ is one of the highest honours bestowed upon a military unit in recognition of its exceptional service (both during the war and in peace) to India.
Books and Authors
A new book titled ‘A Nation To Protect’ was authored by Priyam Gandhi Mody
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya has launched Priyam Gandhi Mody’s third book titled ‘A Nation To Protect’. This book is highlighting the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in India’s fight against COVID-19.
- Priyam Gandhi Mody’s two other books were ‘Trading Power: The Inside Story of How the People’s Mandate was Betrayed in the 2019 Maharashtra Election Priyam Gandhi-Mody’ and ‘No Holds Barred: My Years in Politics Narayan Rane’.
Veteran Malayalam actress KPAC Lalitha passed away at 74
- Veteran Malayalam actress KPAC Lalitha passed away in Kochi, Kerala. She starred in over 500 films primarily in Malayalam cinema.
- She won the National award for best-supporting actress twice in Amaram (1990) and Shantham (2000). She has served as the chairperson of the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of February 24, 2022, now from the link given below.