DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 15, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 15 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Youth Skills Day: 15 July
- World Youth Skills Day is celebrated on July 15, every year. This United Nations invented day aims at spreading awareness of the importance that technical and vocational education, training, and the development of new skills holds in our lives.
- Theme: “Skills for a Resilient Youth”.
Government aims to increase public health expenditure to 2.5% of GDP by 2025:
- Union Health Ministry has pushed for an increased expenditure on public health. In a meeting with the 15th Finance Commission, the Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan, highlighted that the government aims at gradually increasing the public health expenditure to 5 per cent of the nation’s GDP by the year 2025.
Centre issues Rs 1500 crore to Haryana for its Crop Diversification and Rejuvenate Ponds:
- Central Government has provided 1500 crore amount to Haryana state for water conservation. 500 crore rupees will be used to expand crop diversification under the ‘Mera Pani Meri Virasat’ scheme and remaining amount will be used to rejuvenate the ponds and treat water.
- Under Jal Jeevan Mission, State will also get 1000 crore rupees amount from centre. it will have purpose of ensuing access of piped water for every household in state.
Union HRD Minister virtually releases “PRAGYATA” Guidelines on Digital Education:
- Union Human Resource Development minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually released “PRAGYATA” guidelines on digital education in New Delhi. The closure of schools has impacted over 240 million children of the country who are enrolled in schools.
NABARD extends grant assistance of Rs 221.89 cr to support 298 watershed projects in Karnataka:
- NABARD observing its 39th Foundation Day, has extended grant assistance of 89 crore rupees to support 298 watershed projects in over three lakh hectares benefitting 66,500 families in Karnataka. The State has about 75 per cent of rainfed area.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
Tamil Nadu launches television-based learning programme for 10th standard students:
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy launched a television-based learning programme for 10th standard The Kalvi channel will air two-and-a-half hours of teaching programmes during weekdays. It is aimed to help students to continue their studies through an alternative method.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit.
Banking and Economy:
NABARD to organise ‘Digital Choupal’ on July 13 its 39th foundation day:
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) said it will conduct its first ‘Digital Choupal’ via video conferencing with participants of various projects initiated by it, to share their experiences about the projects they are involved in.
- NABARD has announced Rs 5,000 crore of refinance scheme for banks and financial institutions for providing finance to the beneficiaries of its 2,150 watershed development projects and also earmarked another Rs 5,000 crore for turning Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS), into multi service centres.
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD):
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Formation: July 12, 1982
- Chairman: Chintala Govinda Rajulu
BuyUcoin Becomes The First Indian Cryptocurrency Exchange To List XinFin Utility Token:
- Singapore based Hybrid Blockchain firm XinFin has partnered with BuyUcoin, one of India’s leading crypto currency exchanges, to introduce its Native Token XDC to the Indian market.
- XinFin chose BuyUcoin as their partner because of their vision and reliability, to expand its user-base in India. XinFin has committed itself to play a major role in the mass adoption of blockchain technology in the Indian economy.
BCCI appoints Hemang Amin as interim CEO:
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has appointed IPL chief operating officer Hemang Amin as the interim chief executive officer (CEO). “Hemang Amin has been given the interim charge of CEO of BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India),”
- Last week, the apex body of cricket in India had accepted the resignation of its CEO, Rahul Johri.
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI):
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- President Sourav Ganguly
- Secretary- Jay Shah.
- CEO: Hemang Amin(Interim)
Kunal Bahl Of Snapdeal To Lead CII’s E-commerce Committee:
- Snapdeal’s co-founder and CEO Kunal Bahl has taken over as the Chairman of its e-commerce for the year 2020-21. This was being said by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
- The intermediary status of e-commerce platform has figure high on the immediate agenda of the committee, as per a CII release. Urban Company’s co-founder Abhiraj Bhal will co-chair the committee.
Acquisitions & Mergers
NATGRID inks a MoU with NCRB for accessing database that links almost 14,000 police stations:
- National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB). MoU will aim to access the centralized online Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and Systems (CCTNS) database in order to get details of First Information Reports (FIRs) and stolen vehicles.
UNICEF INDIA announced its partnership with FICCI for #Reimagine Campaign:
- UNICEF INDIA announced its partnership with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (FICCI), Socio-Economic Development Foundation (SEDF) to jointly develop UNICEF’s #Reimagine Campaign to support the most vulnerable populations and children during the COVID-19 response and its after-math in India.
FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry):
- Headquarter: New Delhi
- Secretary General: Dilip Chenoy
- President: Sangita Reddy
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF):
- Headquarter: New York, United States
- Executive Director: Henrietta Holsman Fore
- UNICEF Representative in India: Dr Yasmin Ali Haque
Science and Technology:
IIT Kanpur develops UV sanitizing device ‘SHUDDH’ to make your room COVID free:
- Due to Covid Pandemic People are nowadays afraid of touching anything around, specifically in the areas where masses have to come. To solve this problem Imagineering Laboratory department of IIT Kanpur has developed an Ultraviolet (UV) sanitizing product named “SHUDH”.
- Initial testing has proved that the device at its full operation can disinfect a 10×10 squared feet room in about 15 minutes.
Two New Israeli Assault Rifles Arad and Carmel now Set to be Manufactured in India:
- Israeli Assault Rifles, Arad and Carmel will be manufactured under the Make in India initiative in the PLR Systems Private Limited, established by Israel Weapons Industries (IWI) in 2017 as a joint venture with Punj Lloyd in Madhya Pradesh, India.
- PLS Systems is the first private sector company that has a license for manufacturing Small Arms and Ammunition.
- Currency:Israeli Shekel
- Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- President: Reuven Rivlin
Awards and Recognitions:
Indian Teenager Soham Mukherjee Sets Guinness World Record by Jumping Across Ruler 101 Times In 30 Seconds:
- An Indian living in the United Arab Emirates Soham Mukherjee sets a Guinness World Record after performing a total of 101 side-to-side hops over a stationery ruler within 30 seconds.
- Soham Mukherjee, a 17-year-old hailing from New Delhi got successful in breaking the previous record of 96 hops in 30 seconds.
Shahidul Alam Among CPJ’s 2020 International Press Freedom Awardees:
- The Committee to Protect Journalists has announced that the recipients of the 2020 International Press Freedom Awards include Shahidul Alam from Bangladesh, Mohammad Mosaed from Iran, Dapo Olorunyomi from Nigeria and Svetlana Prokopyeva from Russia.
Mukesh Ambani Now World’s 6th-Richest, Beats Elon Musk And Google Founders:
- India’s richest man surged past Silicon Valley tech titan Elon Musk as well as Alphabet co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page to become the world’s sixth-richest
- The chairman of Reliance Industries Limited, whose wealth surpassed Warren Buffett’s last week, is now worth $72.4 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- Top 3 positions are Jeff Bezos(USD 184B),Bill Gates (USD 115B)and Bernard Arnault
Books and Authors:
A new book titled” If It Bleeds” authored by Stephen King released in India:
- Stephen King’s new book titled “If It Bleeds” published by Hachette India is all set for a July release. The story centers around a bomb at Albert Macready Middle School. It is a sequel to his bestselling work, The Outsider, which featured Holly Gibney of the Finders Keepers detective agency on her first solo case.
Dutch Football Legend Wim Suurbier Passed Away at 75:
- Netherlands and Ajax defender Wim Suurbier, a key member of the 1970s Dutch squad who played in two World Cup finals, died at the age of 75. He won three European championships with the legendary Ajax side of the same decade.
Actor-Singer Divya Chouksey Dies Due to Cancer at 28:
- Actor and Singer Divya Chouksey passed away due to cancer. She did an acting course from London and went on to feature in a couple of films and serials. She also rose to fame as a singer. Divya had participated in the Miss Universe India pageant in the year 2011.
Former Australia and Crystal Palace captain Mile Jedinak announces retirement from football:
- Former Australia captain and Crystal Palace stalwart Mile Jedinak announced his retirement and saying it was “Time For A New Chapter”.
- The 35-year-old spent five seasons at the London club, joining from Turkey’s Genclerbirligi in 2011, skippering Palace to promotion back to the Premier League via the playoffs in 2013. He has played in 2010, 2014, 2018 FIFA World Cups.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.