DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 22, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 22 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Pi Approximation Day-July 22:
- Pi Approximation Day is observed on 22 July every year because of the value of Pi that is 22/7. Whereas Pi Day is celebrated on 14 March this is similar to the approximate value of 3.14 and also coincides with Albert Einstein’s birthday.
3-day long Air Force Commanders’ Conference to begin in Delhi:
- 3- day long Air Force Commanders’ Conference will begin at Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan) in New Delhi. The theme of the conference is “Indian Air Force in the Next Decade”. It will be chaired by the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Haryana CM Manohar Khattar launches portal for online appointments with CM:
- Haryana CM Manohar Khattar launched e-Sachivalaya portal a digital platform facilitating people to take online appointments for virtual meetings with CM , Deputy CM, Ministers & Heads of Depts. Haryana Udhyam Memorandum portal launched to facilitate MSMEs.
Haryana Cabinet approved ‘Samadhan se Vikas’ to Recover External Development Charges dues:
- Haryana Cabinet gave approval to the ‘Samadhan se Vikas’, a one-time settlement scheme for the recovery of long-pending dues on account of External Development Charges (EDC). It is modeled on the central scheme ‘Vivad se Vishwas-2020’.
- The scheme is applicable in respect of the full amount outstanding on account of the EDC and on interest and penalty interest.
- Chief Minister:Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor:Satyadev Narayan Arya
- National Parks(NP):Sultanpur NP, Kalesar NP
- Dance:Phag, Dhamal, Loor, Khoria.
Rajasthan Cabinet Approved ‘One-Stop Shop’ Scheme to Fast-Track Investments:
- A “one-stop-shop” scheme approved in Rajasthan is set to fast-track investments and helps revive industries in the midst of pandemic by giving 98 types of clearances under one roof to the potential investors through the Bureau of Investment Promotion (BIP).
- It is to expedite all process for investments above Rs 10 crore.
- Chief Minister:Ashok Gehlot
- Governor:Kalraj Mishra
Tamil Nadu labour dept launches portal for unorganised sector workers:
- The labour department of Tamilnadu has launched an online portal, http://labour.tn.gov.in for fresh registrations of workers of unorganized sectors, who were left out of the government COVID-19 welfare measures and to facilitate them with social security schemes.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit.
Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone Gets Green Nod:
- Union Environment Ministry headed by Prakash Javadekar approved the Zonal Master Plan (ZMP) based on watershed approach for the Bhagirathi eco-sensitive zone notification that stretches from Gaumukh to Uttarkashi covering an area of 4179.59 sq. km.
- Capital- Gairsain(summer capital), Dehradun (winter capital).
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
- National Parks- Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Govind PashuVihar NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP, Valley of Flowers NP.
Indian Navy hold PASSEX with World’s largest aircraft carrier USS Nimitz in Indian Ocean Region:
- Indian naval ships conducted a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with the United States Navy’s USS Nimitz carrier strike group near the Andaman and Nicobar (A&N) islands as it is transiting the Indian Ocean. It comes amidst high alert by the Navy in the IOR.
Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force; covers e-commerce:
- Consumer Protection Act 2019 comes into force replacing Consumer Protection Act 1986, with its salient features including the establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers.
Employees’ Welfare Scheme Launched In Arun Jaitley’s Name In Rajya Sabha:
- Rajya Sabha Secretariat launched “Arun Jaitley Financial Assistance for Group C Employees”, an Employees Welfare Scheme in the name of former Union Minister of Finance, Arun Jaitley .The Scheme will be funded by the pension his family receives as he has been a member of the upper house.
India, Maldives sign agreement for establishment of ‘Emergency Medical Services’ in Male:
- India and Maldives have signed an agreement for establishment of ‘Emergency Medical Services’ in Male. It is one of the several small and medium projects that are financed by India under grant assistance of around $ 20 million for the neighbouring country.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
NHPC and GEDCOL sign pact to develop floating solar power projects:
- NHPC Limited has inked a MoU with Green Energy Development Corporation of Odisha Limited (GEDCOL) to form a joint venture for developing floating solar energy projects in the state with an initial capacity of 500 MW in Odisha under the Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Parks scheme of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
Science and Technology:
Defence Ministry signs Rs 557 crore contract with BEML for 1512 mine ploughs for T-90 tanks:
- In an apparent effort to boost ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government, the Acquisition Wing of Union Ministry of Defence has signed a contract with Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) for procurement of 1,512 Mine Plough (MP) for Tank T-90 S/SK at an approximate cost of Rs 557 crore.
SpaceX launches South Korea’s 1st military satellite ‘ANASIS-II’:
- SpaceX successfully launched South Korea’s first military communications satellite, Army/Navy/Air Force Satellite Information System 2(ANASIS-II). and aced a rocket landing, too, to mark its 12th launch of the year. It was lifted off from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in the US state of Florida.
- Capital: Seoul.
- Currency: South Korean Won.
- Prime Minister: Chung Sye-Kyun
- President: Moon Jae-In
Prakash Chandra Kandpal appointed MD & CEO of SBI General Insurance:
- Non-life insurer SBI General Insurance announced the appointment of Prakash Chandra Kandpal as its new managing director and chief executive officer, effective July 20. He has been with SBI General Insurance as the deputy CEO since June 2019.
Karur Vysya Bank appoints Ramesh Babu Boddu as MD & CEO:
- Karur Vysya Bank’s (KVB) Board of Directors has co-opted Ramesh Babu Boddu as an Additional Director and appointed him Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer for three years. He retired as Deputy Managing Director in State Bank of India in April 2020.
Karur Vysya Bank:
- Headquarters: Karur, Tamil Nadu.
- CEO: P. R. Seshadri.
IAS Officer P Amudha Appointed Joint Secretary In Prime Minister’s Office:
- Senior bureaucrat P Amudha has been appointed as Joint Secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) after a bureaucratic reshuffle. Amudha is a 1994 batch India Administrative Services (IAS) officer of Tamil Nadu cadre and she will be joining the PMO with 15 other senior officials of elite services from different categories
Awards and Recognitions:
Messi beats Benzema to break La Liga record with seventh Pichichi award:
- Lionel Messi secured a record Seventh Pichichi award after the Barcelona star finished the 2019-20 season as the leading scorer in La Liga.The Argentinian equalled Athletic Bilbao great Telmo Zarra’s record of six awards last season, but he is now out on his own after another superb campaign in front of goal.
Award-winning Spanish novelist Juan Marse passes away at age 87:
- Juan Marsé, the Spanish novelist has passed away at age 87. One of Spain’s most-respected novelists over the past few decades, Marsé was awarded the 2008 Cervantes Prize, the Spanish-speaking world’s top literary award.
ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020 postponed due to coronavirus:
International Cricket Council (ICC) confirmed that the Men’s T20 World cup, 2020 scheduled to be played in Australia in October – November, has been postponed to 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. And also,
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 will be held October – November 2021 with the final on 14 November 2021
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 will be held October – November 2022 with the final on 13 November 2022
- ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 will be held in India October – November 2023 with the final on 26 November 2023
International Cricket Council (ICC):
- Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- CEO: Manu Sawhney.
- Motto : “Cricket for Good”
- Chief Executive Officer: Mr. Manu Sawhney
- Interim Chairman: Mr. Imran Khwaja
- Chairman: Shashank Manohar.
Ben Stokes overtakes Jason Holder to become No.1 all-rounder in ICC Test rankings:
- England Test vice-captain Ben Stokes has overtaken Jason Holder to become the Number 1 Test all-rounder in the ICC rankings. Stokes went past Holder thanks to his match-winning performance against West Indies in the Manchester Test.
- Stokes’ match haul of 254 runs and three wickets fashioned England’s series-leveling victory against Jason Holder’s West Indies in the second Test, also earning him the Player-Of-The-Match Award.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.