DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 21, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 21 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
India’s first public EV charging plaza inaugurated in New Delhi:
- Union Power Minister R K Singh inaugurated India’s first public EV (electric vehicle) charging plaza at Chelmsford Club in New Delhi. The plaza has been established by EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Ltd) in collaboration with NDMC (New Delhi Municipal Council).
- The new public EV charging plaza will host five chargers of different specifications.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Tamil Nadu signs eight MoUs worth ₹10,399 crore, to create employment for over 13,000 people:
- Tamil Nadu government signed eight Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) worth ₹10,399 crores that will create employment opportunities for over 13,507 people. The MoUs were signed in the presence of Chief Minister Edappaddi K. Palaniswami.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit.
HRD Minister to launch Manodarpan initiative to provide psychosocial support to students:
- Union Human Resource Development Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal will launch the Manodarpan initiative of the HRD Ministry. The initiative under Atma- Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, aims to provide psychosocial support to students for their mental health & well-being.
Maharashtra becomes the first State to use drones to inspect power lines:
- Maharashtra became the first State in the country to get the go-ahead to use drones for aerial surveillance and inspection of extra-high voltage (EHV) power transmission lines and towers. MHA and the Director-General of Civil Aviation have permitted this.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Attends 3rd G20 Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors Meeting:
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 3rd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting under the Saudi Arabian Presidency through Video Conferencing here today to discuss the global economic outlook amid evolving COVID-19 pandemic crisis along with other G20 Finance Track priorities for the year 2020.
Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal virtually inaugurates Mega Food Park in Mizoram:
- Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal virtually inaugurated the first Mega Food Park in Mizoram. Zoram Mega Food Park will benefit farmers, growers, processors, consumers and prove to be a boost to the growth of the food processing sector in North East Region.
- Chief Minister:Zoramthanga
- Governor:PS Sreedharan Pillai
Odisha government to give monthly pension to transgenders:
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has approved a proposal to cover the members of the community under the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana (MBPY) which aims at providing financial assistance to the destitute elderly, differently-abled persons and widows.
- Around 5,000 transgenders will get a monthly pension in between Rs 500 and Rs 900 depending on their age, Social Security and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (SSEPD).
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
Statement of Intent signed for partnership with UNICEF India, YuWaah India, UN in India:
- Youth Affairs Secretary Usha Sharma signed a Statement of Intent with UNICEF India, YuWaah India & UN in India to work together with young people for empowering them and to make them changemakers with access to aspirational socio-economic opportunities.
Yogi Adityanath launches employment scheme launched ‘Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana” for Scheduled Castes:
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched ‘Navin Rojgar Chhatri Yojana’ for an all round development of the Scheduled Castes.
- He transferred a financial assistance of 17.42 crore online to 3,484 people under the ‘Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Swarojgar Yojana’ and interacted with some beneficiaries from Rae Bareli, Gorakhpur, Basti, Meerut, Azamgarh and Moradabad districts.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Dr Harsh Vardhan launches PNB’s nation-wide CSR campaign to fight against COVID-19:
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan has launched Punjab National Bank’s (PNB) campaign to distribute face masks and sanitizers to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in New Delhi.
- MD and CEO of PNB SS Mallikarjuna Rao and other senior officials of PNB were also present. PNB’s 22 zonal offices across the nation also participated through video conferencing.
Awards and Recognitions:
Dubai-based Indian girl Samridhi Kalia breaks world record in performing 100 yoga poses:
- A Dubai-based Indian girl has broken the world record for performing 100 Yoga Poses within minutes in a confined space. This is 11-year-old Samridhi Kalia’s third world record entry and the second one in the last one month.
- Her performance was recorded at the iconic Burj Khalifa’s viewing deck. On Yoga Day (June 21) this year, Samridhi bagged her second world record — performing 40 advanced yoga postures in one minute.
Books and Author:
A book titled ‘Suraj Kade Marda Nahi’ on Udham Singh by Akademi awardee Baldev Singh Sadaknama:
- Sahitya Akademi Award winner Baldev Singh Sadaknama has written another book shedding light on historic perspectives named ‘Suraj Kade Marda Nahi’ (Sun Never Dies). It is on the life of Udham Singh whose 80th death anniversary will fall on July 31.
Indian direct selling industry ranked 15th after recording $2.47billion sales in 2019:
- The Indian direct selling industry has reported a growth of 12.1% to $2.47 billion in 2019, a World Federation of Direct Selling Associations report said. The ranking of the direct selling industry improved from 19th a year before to 15th.
- The US has topped the list, contributing 20% of the global direct selling industry with sales of $35.21 billion.
Madhya Pradesh Governor Lal Ji Tandon Died At 85:
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon passed away after a prolonged illness. Tandon served in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative council for two terms from 1978 to 1984 as an MLA in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly for three terms and governor of Bihar.
Veteran Odia Actor Bijay Mohanty Passed Away at 70:
- Bijay Mohanty has passed away at a private hospital in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. His performance in his debut film, Chilika Tire, earned him several accolades including the National Film Award. He was 70.
Lewis Hamilton wins 8th Hungarian Grand Prix:
- Lewis Hamilton claimed his second race victory of the 2020 season, leading the Hungarian Grand Prix from start to finish taking control of the drivers’ championship.
- The six-time world champion claimed pole in Saturday qualifying and had no trouble in converting that into a race victory, with Max Verstappen finishing second to prevent a second consecutive Mercedes one-two.
- Other Grand Prixs recently held and winners are
- Austria: Valtteri Bottas, MERCEDES
- Styria: Lewis Hamilton, MERCEDES
- Hungary: Lewis Hamilton, MERCEDES
Jon Rahm wins PGA Memorial to seize world number one ranking:
- Jon Rahm became the first Spaniard since Seve Ballesteros in 1989 to hold golf’s world number one ranking, fending off a late challenge Sunday to win the US PGA Memorial tournament.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.