DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 28, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 28 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Hepatitis Day- July 28:
- World Hepatitis Day is commemorated each year on 28 July to enhance awareness of viral hepatitis, an inflammation of the liver that causes a range of health problems, including liver cancer.
Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan launches Bureau of Indian Standard’s Mobile App BIS-Care:
- Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan launched the Bureau of Indian Standard’s Mobile App BIS-Care. He also launched three portals on Standardization, Conformity Assessment and Training of e-BIS. Customers can also lodge complaints using this App.
Road in Lucknow named after former MP Governor Lalji Tandon:
- Lucknow Municipal Corporation, Uttar pradesh(UP), has named a road Lucknow-Hardoi as Tandon Marg and a crossing Chauk Chauraha as Lalji Tandon Chauraha after former Madhya Pradesh(MP) Governor Lalji Tandon.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, launched a free website portal named ‘Rozgaar Bazaar’ for job seekers, employers:
- Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a free website http://jobs.delhi.gov.in named ‘Rozgaar Bazaar 2020’ via video conference. The portal connects the job seekers and the recruiters on one platform.
- These measures are finalized by a 12-member committee headed by the vice chairman of Dialogue and Development Commission of Delhi (DDC), Jasmine Shah.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Banking and Economy:
Bank of Maharashtra joins hands with Uniken for Omni-channel security:
- One of the leading cyber security companies in India – Uniken has been chosen by the state-owned Bank of Maharashtra for its innovative and unique REL-ID technology to secure not just their internet banking channels but also mobile, card, call centres, ATM etc. using REL-ID’s Omni-channel verification mechanism.
Banks sanctions about Rs 90,000 crore concessional credit to 1.1 crore Kisan Credit Card holders:
- Banks have sanctioned Rs 89,810 crore to about 1.1 crore Kisan Credit Card (KCC) holders to help farmers meet finances for kharif sowing and allied activities.This marks an increase of Rs 26,940 crore over Rs 62,870 crore sanctioned.
Science and Technology
IIT Madras startup launches wrist band for detecting COVID symptoms:
- A wearable wrist tracker to detect COVID-19 symptoms at an early stage will be available in the market next month with its developer a IIT Madras incubated start up, raising a funding of Rs 22 crore for the purpose.
- “Muse wearables”, the startup incubated at IIT Madras by an alumni group along with an NIT Warangal alumnus, is planning to launch the trackers in 70 countries.
IMD launches weather app for real-time updates and warnings across India:
- Earth Sciences Minister Harsh Vardhan announced a weather app that aims to provide weather forecasts and warnings in India.
- “Mausam” (weather) developed by India Meteorological Department (IMD) launched as part of the 14th Foundation Day celebrations of Union Ministry of Earth Sciences on Android and iOS. It will give real-time updates and warnings across 450 cities across the country
DRDO launches ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ contest to promote innovators on 5th death anniversary of Kalam:
- DRDO launched a contest to promote innovators in the fields of defence and emerging technologies in India to mark the fifth death anniversary of former President A P J Abdul Kalam.
- Defence Ministry said the winners of “Dare to Dream 2.0” contest would be decided after due evaluation by an expert committee.
Former Coal India chief Anil Kumar Jha appointed member of key green panel:
- Government has appointed former chairman of Coal Anil Kumar Jha, as a member of a key panel that deals with violation of environment rules. Panel’s tenure has now been extended till June 2021.
Somalia’s deputy PM Mohammed Gulaid appointed as acting prime minister:
- Somalia’s Deputy Prime Minister Mahdi Mohammed Gulaid has announced his appointment as the interim prime minister following the vote of no confidence against the previous head of government, Hassan Ali Khaire.
- Capital: Mogadishu
- Currency: Somalia Shilling
- President: Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed
Tunisia Appoints Interior Minister Hichem Mechichi As The New Prime Minister:
- Tunisia’s Interior Minister Hichem Mechichi has been appointed to form the next government, the president’s office said, amid political tensions among major parties in the North African country. The 46-year-old lawyer succeeds Elyes Fakhfakh, who resigned as prime minister earlier this month.
- Capital: Tunis
- Currency: Tunisian Dinar
- President: Kais Saied
- Prime Minister(Interim): Hichem Mechichi
Croatian parliament approves new government led by incumbent Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic:
- Croatian parliament approved the new government led by Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic whose Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) party won the most parliamentary seats in the general election held on July 5, 2020.
- Andrej Plenkovic was the prime minister of the previous government that was also led by his HDZ.
- Capital: Zagreb
- Currency: Croatian kuna
- Prime Minister: Andrej Plenkovic
UN Chief Names Young Indian Activist Archana Soreng To New Climate Change Advisory Group:
- United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres announced an Indian origin youth climate change activist on his board of advisory. Hence, he appointed Archana Soreng and seven other people from across the world, aged 18 to 28, to advise him on global warming issues.
Awards and Recognitions:
Jamie Vardy wins Premier League’s ‘Golden Boot’:
- Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy won the Premier League’s Golden Boot after most number of goals in the 2019-20 seasons. At 33, Vardy is the oldest player to win the Golden Boot award and the first from Leicester City. Vardy finished the season with 23 goals.
Books and Authors:
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar unveils new book on India’s ‘struggle gaining influence in foreign policy’:
- “The India Way: Strategies for an Uncertain World” a book authored by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, argues about the standards of India in the global order.
- The book was published under the HarperCollins India publications. The book centers about the three burdens that India’s foreign policy carries.
RBI deputy governor Viral V.Acharya authored a new book titled “Quest for Restoring Financial Stability in India”:
- The book titled “Quest for Restoring Financial Stability in India” authored by former Reserve Bank of India(RBI) deputy governor Viral Acharya. The book portrays his quest to restore financial stability in India and offers a concrete plan for sustained improvement. The book is published by SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd.
American Actor John Saxon passed away at 83:
- American actor John Saxon passed away at the age of 83 at his residence in Murfreesboro, Tennessee due to pneumonia. He was born on 5th August 1936 as Carmine Orrico in Brooklyn, New York, United States of America.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.