DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 29, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 29 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Tiger Day- July 29:
- International Tiger Day was observed on July 29. It was established in 2010 at Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit in Russia to raise awareness about the decline of wild tiger numbers, leaving them in the brink of extinction and to encourage the work of Tiger conservation.
Indian Railways to cover all wagons under RFID for tracking by 2022:
- Indian Railways said that it will use Radio-Frequency Identification Tags (RFID) for tracking of all wagons by 2022. “A total of 23,000 wagons have been covered under the RFID project so far and the target is to cover all wagons by December 2022″.
FM Nirmala Sitharaman attends 5th Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of AIIB:
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 5th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) through a video conference in New Delhi.
- Theme: “AIIB 2030-Supporting Asia’s Development over the Next Decade”.
India hands over 10 broad gauge locomotives to Bangladesh:
- India provided 10 railway locomotives to Bangladesh as grant assistance, with the leadership of the two sides committing themselves to more connectivity and infrastructure initiatives to boost trade and create new supply chains.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- President: Abdul Hamid.
India to set up Solar Power Plant in Sri Lanka:
- India plans to build a solar power park in Sri Lanka as part of a strategy to project its presence in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) amid Chinese attempts to lure nations into its ‘Belt and Road’ initiative aware of the development.
- Capital: Colombo
- Currency: Rupee.
IMF Executive Board Approves US$4.3 Billion in Emergency Support to South Africa:
- IMF has decided to grant South Africa $4.3 billion in emergency funding, the largest amount given to any country yet to fight the corona virus
- The funds “support the authorities’ efforts in addressing the challenging health situation and economic impact of the COVID-19 shock”.
Banking and Economy:
Tata AIA Life Insurance launches “Express Claims” Service That Promises Payouts In 4 Hours:
- Private sector Tata AIA Life Insurance has announced a new facility that promises to process life insurance claim pay-outs within four hours of registering them. “Tata AIA Life’s Express Claims within four hours is the fastest claims pay-out by any life insurer in the country”.
Bharti AXA Insurance launches ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ campaign for crop insurance:
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises, one of India’s leading business groups, and AXA, one of the world’s largest insurance companies, has launched its crop insurance campaign – ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ – for farmers in Maharashtra and Karnataka to encourage them about their crop protection and financial security.
SBI Card and IRCTC launch co-branded contactless credit card on RuPay platform:
- SBI Card and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd (IRCTC) launched the IRCTC SBI Card on RuPay platform. The card is equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) Customers can simply tap their cards at a secure reader for convenient, secure and faster transactions.
SBI providing USD 16 million liquidity support for local businesses in Maldives:
- State Bank of India (SBI) is providing liquidity support of USD 16.20 million for local businesses and deferred loan repayment for over 200 retail accounts, the Indian High Commission in the Maldives.
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Rajnish Kumar.
- Tagline: The Banker to Every Indian.
Former Renault chief Thierry Bollore named new CEO of Jaguar Land Rover:
- Former Renault executive Thierry Bollore will be taking over as the new CEO of British luxury carmaker Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover. Bollore was appointed Renault’s chief executive only in January 2019.
Indian-origin Politician Pritam Singh Becomes First Leader of Opposition in Parliament:
- Indian-origin politician Pritam Singh was designated as the Leader of the Opposition in Singapore, the first such appointment in the history of the city-state. Mr Singh who is also a lawyer is the Secretary-General of Workers’ Party.
Awards and Recognitions:
SS Motivation Founder & CEO Sunil ydv SS Honored with Karamveer Chakra Award of United Nations and ICONGO:
- Sunil ydv SS, founder & CEO Of SS Motivation, which is the most Subscribed Motivational Channel on Telegram, has been honoured with “Karamveer Chakra Award” instituted by United Nations and International Confederation of NGO (iCONGO).
- He received the award for his relentless contribution to society through his Telegram channel “SS Motivation.”
Child welfare activist Achyuta Rao passes away due to COVID:
- P Achyuta Rao, Founder and President of Balala Hakula Sangham passed away due to COVID-19. Mr Rao was a well known child rights activist, and had founded Balala Hakula Sangham in 1984.
Bollywood action director Parvez Khan passes away at 55:
- Famous Bollywood action director Parvez Khan who has worked in films such as Andhadhun and Badlapur, has passed away after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 55. Parvez had been working in the film industry since 1986.
Bangladesh Fast Bowler Kazi Anik Islam Handed Two-Year Doping Ban:
- Young Bangladesh pacer Kazi Anik Islam has been handed a two-year ban by the national cricket board for failing a dope test in 2018. Kazi, who was Bangladesh’s leading wicket-taker in the 2018 U-19 World Cup, tested positive for Methamphetamine, a prohibited substance, during a National Cricket League game in the same year.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.