DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 3, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 3 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Plastic Bag Free Day- July 3:
- Plastic Bag Free Day is a global initiative that aims to eliminate the use of single-use plastic bags in the world. This work centred around Plastic Bag Free Day, on the 3rd of July each year.
Union HRD Minister and Union Health Minister jointly launch the Drug Discovery Hackathon 2020:
- Human Resources and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan jointly launched the Drug Discovery Hackathon 2020. It is an online competition and anybody from anywhere in the country or world can participate.
MoRTH prepares blueprint for scheme of cashless treatment of motor accident victims:
- Road Transport and Highways Ministry has prepared a blueprint for implementing the scheme of cashless treatment of motor accident victims. The scheme also includes creation of a Motor Vehicle Accident Fund.
Unique Urban Forest inaugurated at the Office of the CAG in New Delhi:
- Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the urban forest at the Comptroller and Auditor General’s (CAG) Office Park in New Delhi. The objective is to reduce high air pollution levels particularly at the ITO Crossing.
Goa government allots land to MSME consortium to set up India’s first Maritime Cluster:
- Goa government allotted land to the consortium of 49 Goan MSME units for setting up Goa Maritime Cluster to create facilities for shipbuilding. The project, which is first Maritime Cluster of India, is supported by shipping ministry, DG of Shipping, and MSMEs.
- Chief Minister:Pramod Sawant
- Governor:Satya Pal Malik
Madhya Pradesh launches Yellow dustbins for only corona residual in Indore:
- In Madhya Pradesh to prevent corona infection, Indore Municipal Corporation is placing Yellow colour dustbins at all major places in the city. It is the third dustbin apart from blue & green colours dustbins & being placed for only corona infected material.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Festival of Ashadhi Ekadashi was celebrated in Maharashtra:
- Ashadhi Ekadashi is one of the most significant festivals in Maharashtra which also marks the culmination of the pilgrimage undertaken by the Warkaris (devotees of Lord Vitthal) from different parts of the state on their feet to travel hundreds of kilometres to reach temple town Pandharpur in Solapur district.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Tamil Nadu announces monthly Rs 3,000 stipend for lawyers to overcome financial difficulties:
- Tamil Nadu government has announced a monthly stipend of 3,000 rupees to junior lawyers for two years to help them overcome financial difficulties. The stipend has been a longstanding demand of the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu.
HRD Minister and Sports Minister to launch ‘Fit India Talks’ to inspire school children:
- The government’s flagship program ‘Fit India Talks’ is launching a series of interactive sessions with some of the top sportspersons (Badminton star P V Sindhu and Football skipper Sunil Chhetri) of the country intended to inspire the school children.
- Chief Minister:Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit.
Banking and Economy:
ICICI Bank launches instant loan against mutual fund units:
- ICICI Bank launched ‘Insta Loans against Mutual Funds’, a facility in partnership with Computer Age Management Services(CAMS). The facility is an extension of the Insta Loan Against Shares(LAS).
- The facility enables the retail customers to avail loans upto Rs 1 crore instantly by pledging their holdings in both debt and equity Mutual Funds(MFs).
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India):
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Food delivery app Swiggy launches its own digital wallet with ICICI Bank:
- Swiggy has launched its digital wallet in partnership with ICICI Bank, which will allow customers to store money to be used for orders on the platform. The digital wallet named ‘Swiggy Money’, will provide users with a single-click checkout experience.
Science and Technology:
AIIMS partners IIT-Delhi to launch app for patients needing plasma therapy:
- AIIMS with the help of IIT-Delhi students have developed a mobile application named “COPAL-19” to track real-time COVID-19 patients in the hospital, who can become potential plasma donors 28 days after recovery along with those who have been discharged.
IIT Gandhinagar develops AI based tool to detect Covid-19 from chest X-ray:
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) have developed an Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based deep learning tool for detection of Covid-19 from Chest X-ray.
V Suryanarayanan appointed as new MD of Chola MS General Insurance:
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company has announced the appointment of V Suryanarayanan as its new managing director. Suryanarayanan succeeds S S Gopalarathnam, who retired on Tuesday after serving the company for over 41 years.
Chola MS General Insurance:
- Headquarters: Chennai
- MD: V Suryanarayanan
Nigar Johar Becomes Pakistan Army’s First Female Lieutenant General:
- Pakistan Army has appointed a Nigar Johar as lieutenant general for the first time. Major General Nigar Johar, who got the coveted post of a three-star general, has also been appointed as the First Female Surgeon general of the Pakistan Army.
Imran Khwaja Takes Charge as Interim Chairman of International Cricket Council:
- Shashank Manohar has formally stepped down as International Cricket Council (ICC) chairman after heading the sport’s global governing body for four years.
- Singapore’s Imran Khwaja previously Manohar’s deputy has been elevated as interim chairman until the process for the next chairman’s election is finalised.
Awards and Recognitions:
Indian author Kritika Pandey declared overall winner of 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize:
- Indian author Kritika Pandey was declared the overall winner of the 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize, for her story “The Great Indian Tee and Snakes”. The Commonwealth Foundation announced Pandey’s award in an online ceremony.
Mon District Administration received 3 SKOCH Awards in 65th SKOCH Summit:
- District Administration of Mon, Nagaland received 2020 SKOCH awards under three categories viz SKOCH Crucible Award 2020, SKOCH order of Merit 2020, SKOCH Honourable mention 2020 in the 65th SKOCH summit from Chairman of SKOCH group Sameer Kochar.
Books and Author:
A book titled “The Future of Higher Education” released by M Venkaiah Naidu:
- Vice President of India, M Venkaiah Naidu virtually released a book, “Future of Higher Education – Nine Mega Trends“. The book is authored by CA V Pattabhi Ram, a Public Speaker, author and Teacher. The Virtual event was hosted by ICT Academy.
Bollywood Choreographer Saroj Khan Dies At 71:
- Veteran Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan, who mentored generations of actors and was fondly known as “Masterji“, died due to cardiac arrest. The three-time National Award winner choreographed some of the most memorable songs in Hindi cinema.
Former speaker of Mizoram legislative assembly Upa Rokamlova passes away at 79:
- Mizoram former speaker of the state legislative assembly Upa Rokamlova passed away. A veteran Congress leader Rokamlova joined politics in early 1980s and he had played a key role in signing of the historic Mizo Peace Accord in 1986.
Sumit Nagal Becomes First Indian Tennis Player To Win PSD Bank Nord Open In Germany:
- India’s leading singles player Sumit Nagal achieved a a first of sorts as he become the first Indian to win an international tournament amid the COVID-19 era after he clinched the Men’s Singles Title at the Psd Bank Nord Open, a locally organized clay court tournament in Germany.
- He defeated German Daniel Masur in straight sets.
Africa Cup of Nations postponed from January next year to 2022:
- Next January’s Africa Cup of Nations finals in Cameroon have been postponed by one year and will now take place in 2022, decided by Confederation of African Football. And also,
- 2021 Africa Cup of Nations postponed to 2022
- 2020 CHAN postponed to 2021
- 2020 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations CANCELLED
Confederation of African Football (CAF):
- Headquarters: Egypt
- President: Ahmad Ahmad
- Secretary General: Abdelmounaim Bah
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.