DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: NOVEMBER 8&9, 2018
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: NOVEMBER 8&9, 2018
Daily Current Affairs ( November 8&9, 2018) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness , Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
‘Mo Bus’ services launched by Odisha government:
- Odisha government is all set to roll out new its – ‘Mo Bus’ services in the capital city from tomorrow ahead of the Men’s Hockey World Cup.
- Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) Commissioner, Krishan Kumar informed that ‘Mo Bus’ services will be launched from Biju Patnaik International Airport.
- The new buses are reportedly very modern and hi-tech with advanced and better facilities for commuters.
“Delhi’s Pride” Signature Bridge Inaugurated in Delhi:
- Delhi’s shiny new Signature Bridge was inaugurated after several missed deadlines. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal unveiled the bridge and it will be open to public.
- The 575-metre Signature Bridge in Delhi, built over Yamuna river, will reduce the travel time between north and northeast Delhi and share the burden of the Wazirabad bridge
- The Signature Bridge, which has a 675-metre-long cable-stayed section, is built over Yamuna river and will reduce the travel time between north and northeast Delhi.
PM Modi to innaugurate several projects in Varanasi:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate several projects in Varanasi and also on the same day, Prime Minister will also inaugurate two National Highways projects and three sewage infrastructure projects.
- Mr Modi will dedicate the newly constructed Multi-Modal Terminal on River Ganga to the nation.
- This is built as part of the Government’s Jal Marg Vikas project that aims at developing the stretch of River Ganga between Varanasi to Haldia for navigation of large vessels.
- The Prime Minister will also receive India’s first container vessel that sailed from Kolkata on 30th of last month.
Bihar government has approved Every graduate girl in Bihar With Rs 25,000:
- Bihar government has approved a proposal to pay Rs 25,000 to every girl graduating in 2018 and onwards.
- This decision was taken at the Cabinet meeting yesterday which was chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
- As per decision, the one-time payment will be made to every girl who graduated from the college’s of the state on or after April 25 this year, irrespective of pass division, community or region.
Cabinet approves signing and ratifying the Extradition Agreement between India and Morocco:
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved signing and ratifying the Extradition Agreement between India and Morocco. The Agreement will be signed during the proposed VIP visit from Morocco from 11-18 November 2018.
- The Agreement will provide a strong legal base for the extradition of fugitive offenders who are accused of economic offences, terrorism and other serious offences in one Contracting State and found in another Contracting State.
- This Treaty will also strengthen bilateral relations to deal with criminal elements acting against the national interest of both India and Morocco.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Italy for continuing training and education in the fields of Labour and Employment:
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Italy for training and education in the fields of Labour and Employment.
- The major impact of the MoU would be up-gradation of technical capacities of both the institutions in responding to the challenges emanating from transformations in the world of work.
- It will enhance the technical capabilities of developing and organising international training programmes and the evolution of V.V.Giri National Labour Institute (VVGNLI) as a leading training institution in the Asia-Pacific region.
The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) to commence in Goa :
- The 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2018 will be held in Goa from 20th to 28th November, 2018. 49th edition of the festival will showcase 212 films from over 68 countries which reflects diversity of taste.International Competition section has 15 films out of which 3 are Indian.
- Information and Broadcasting Ministry stated that Festival will open with World Premiere of the Aspern Papers with international star cast. The Aspern Papers tells a story of obsession, grandeur lost and dreams of Byronic adventures.
India, South Korea sign MoU on cooperation in sports:
- India and South Korea signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in sports in New Delhi.
- Sports Minister Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore and Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism of South Korea Do Jong-hwan signed the MoU.
- The objective of the MoU is to establish a framework to facilitate and promote cooperation between the two countries on the basis of reciprocity and mutual benefit.
Vice President embarks on three-day visit to France:
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has embarked on a three-day visit to France.The Vice President will attend the Paris Peace Forum being held to commemorate the centenary of the end to the First World War.
- He will also hold a number of bilateral meetings on the side-lines of the Paris Peace Forum. He will also address the Indian community and will inaugurate the Indian War Memorial at Villers Guislain.
- The aim of the Paris Peace Forum is to establish a global platform to reaffirm the importance of multilateralism, international cooperation and reform of global governance institutions.
DEPwD organises ‘Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities:
- “Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities, 2018” is being organised by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment here during 9-11 November, 2018.
- This year, India is hosting the event in collaboration with Government of Korea and Rehabilitation International (RI).
- The Global IT Challenge for disability is a capacity building project that helps youth with disabilities to overcome their limitations and challenges for a better future through access to ICT.
World’s first AI news anchor unveiled in China:
- The world’s first artificial intelligence (AI) news anchor made “his” debut at the ongoing fifth World Internet Conference in east China’s Zhejiang Province.
- The AI news anchor was jointly developed by Xinhua News Agency, the official state-run media outlet of China, and Chinese search engine company Sogou.com.
- The news anchor, based on the latest AI technology, has a male image with a voice, facial expressions and actions of a real person.
BANKING & ECONOMY
Govt to infuse Rs 3,054 crore in Allahabad Bank:
- The Centre is infusing Rs 3,054 crore into Allahabad Bank as an investment during the current fiscal.
- Allahabad Bank had posted a loss of ₹1,944 crore in the June quarter compared to a profit of ₹28.8 crore a year ago. The bank received ₹1,790 crore as capital from the government in July this year.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had imposed additional restrictions on the bank under the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework in May this year.
India’s economic growth to slow to 7.3% in 2019: Moody’s:
- The Indian economy will expand 7.4% in 2018, but the growth rate will slow down to 7.3% in the next year as domestic demand tapers on higher borrowing cost due to rising interest rates, according to Moody’s Investors Service .
- In its report titled ‘Global Macro Outlook 2019-20’, Moody’s said the economy grew 7.9% in the first half (January-June) of 2018, reflecting the base effect post demonetisation.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Matthew G. Whitaker will become new US Acting Attorney General:
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions has resigned from the post at the request of President Donald Trump.
- Donald Trump to announce that Matthew G. Whitaker, Chief of Staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions at the Department of Justice, will become new Acting Attorney General.
China Open Masters Badminton tournament began in Fuzhou:
- The China Open Masters Badminton tournament began in Fuzhou. The tournament will continue upto 11th of this month. The star shuttlers, Kidambi Srikanth and P.V. Sindhu will lead the Indian contingent.
- The Olympic and two-time World Championship silver medallist Sindhu will be looking for her first title of the year after a total of five final losses in 2018. She will be up against Evgeniya Kosetskaya of Russia.
CLICK HERE TO REVISE