DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 30, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 30 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Deadline For Mandatory Hallmarking Of Gold Jewellery Extended Till June 1 2021:
- Government has extended the deadline for mandatory hallmarking of gold jewellery and artefacts by over four months till June 1, 2021, Gold hallmarking is a purity certification of the precious metal and is voluntary in nature at present.
Ministry of Earth Sciences announces the National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science:
- Ministry of Earth Sciences has announced the National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science. The Ministry has awarded the Lifetime Excellence Award 2020 to Professor Ashok Sahni for his major contribution in the field of Biostratigraphy, Geology and Vertebrate Paleontology.
Cabinet Approves New National Education Policy, HRD Ministry Renamed As Education Ministry:
- A panel led by former Indian Space Research Organisation chief K Kasturirangan had submitted the draft of the new NEP to Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’.The existing NEP was framed in 1986 and revised in 1992.
First five Rafale jets land at Ambala air force station; India welcomes the ‘Golden Arrows’:
- The first batch of five Rafale jets landed in Ambala. It was a historic moment as they were greeted with water cannon salute at Ambala Air Force base. Rafale jets were escorted by two Sukhoi 30 MKI supersonic fighters as they entered Indian airspace.
Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launches India Report- Digital Education June 2020:
- Union Minister for HRD Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually launched India Report on Digital Education, 2020. Shri Pokhriyal said that the report elaborates on the innovative methods adopted by Ministry of HRD, Education Departments of States and Union Territories for ensuring accessible and inclusive education to children at home and reducing learning gaps.
Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur Tops Niti Aayog’s Aspirational Districts Ranking for Feb-June 2020:
- Bijapur district in Chhattisgarh has topped the list of aspirational districts ranked by government think-tank Niti Aayog for the February-June 2020 period.
- Ri-Bhoi (Meghalaya) and Bahraich (Uttar Pradesh) have been placed at the second and third positions respectively and Nawada (Bihar) has been ranked fourth and Moga (Punjab) is at the fifth place.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Zimbabwe in the field of traditional system of medicine and Homoeopathy:
- Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Republic of India and the Republic of Zimbabwe on cooperation in the field of traditional system of Medicine and Hompeopathy.
India and Indonesia Defence Ministers’ Dialogue held in New Delhi:
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh led the Indian delegation while the Indonesian delegation was led by their Defence Minister General Prabowo Subianto. Defence Ministers’ Dialogue between India and Indonesia was held in New Delhi.
- Capital: Jakarta
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
- President: Joko Widodo
Acquisitions and Mergers
PFC Signs Agreement With IIT-Kanpur For Smart Grid Technology:
- A Government-owned NBFC Power Finance Corporation (PFC) has signed a memorandum of agreement (MoA) with Indian Institute of Technology- Kanpur (IIT-K) for training, research, and entrepreneurship development in smart grid technology.
- Under the MoA, PFC will provide financial assistance of 2.38 crore under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to IIT-Kanpur.
Gujarat and UK India Business Council signs MoU to strengthen state’s industrial growth:
- United Kingdom India Business Council signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Industrial Extension Bureau (iNDEXTb), Industries and Mines Department, Government of Gujarat. It will help to boost business and industrial development in the state of Gujarat.
Science and Technology
Guwahati gets “BANDICOOT” the first manhole cleaning robot in Northeast:
- Guwahati Development Department Minister Siddhartha Bhattacharya inaugurated city’s first manhole cleaning robot to ensure minimal human involvement to clean the sewers.
- Guwahati is the first city in the entire Northeast region to get a manhole cleaning robot. Named ‘BANDICOOT’, the automatic sewer cleaning device has been procured by the Guwahati Municipal.
Paytm Money appoints Varun Sridhar as CEO and Amit Kapoor as VP and CFO:
- Paytm Money announced the appointment of Varun Sridhar, as the new Chief Executive Officer of Paytm Money. He will lead the launch & development of the equity brokerage other than growing the already successful mutual funds, NPS and Gold services.
ICRA Appoints N Sivaraman As Managing Director And Group CEO:
- Board of directors at investment information firm ICRA has appointed Larsen & Toubro (L&T) veteran N Sivaraman as its Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer. He succeeds former MD and Group CEO Naresh Takkar.
Jin Liqun re-elected Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank President:
- Board of governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), elected Jin Liqun for a second term as President. His second five-year term will begin on January 16, 2021.
- Liqun was re-elected as President during the 2020 AIIB Annual Meeting. The board of governors also approved the United Arab Emirates to host the 2021 AIIB Annual Meeting, which will take place October 27-28, 2021, in Dubai.
Awards and Recognitions:
Indian Origin Author Avni Doshi’s ‘Burnt Sugar’ on 2020 Booker Prize:
- Dubai-based Indian-origin author Avni Doshi is among the 13 authors longlisted for the prestigious 2020 Booker Prize for her debut novel “Burnt Sugar”, alongside double Booker winner Hilary Mantel for The Mirror and The Light.
- A version of the same novel has been published in India under the title “Girl in White Cotton”.
Veteran Bollywood Actor Kumkum Passed Away at 86:
- Veteran Bollywood Actor Kumkum due to age related ailments passed away at the age of 86 in her residence in Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra. She was born as Zaibunnissa on 22nd April 1934 in Sheikhpura district, Bihar.
Divij Sharan-Vijay Sundar Prashanth win doubles title in LTA British Tour:
- Vijay Sundar Prashanth and Divij Sharan combined well to win the doubles title in the LTA British Tour tennis tournament at the National Tennis Centre in Surrey. They defeated Ryan Peniston & David Stevenson.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.