Daily Current Affairs: July 30, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (July 30, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Day against Trafficking in Persons – 30 July
- World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed on 30 July every year to raise awareness of the plight of human trafficking victims and to promote and protect their rights. This day was established by the UN General Assembly in 2013.
- 2021 Theme: “Victims’ Voices Lead the Way”
Rajasthan Government launches the ”Mission Niryatak Bano” to foster exports from Rajasthan
- The Industries Department of the Rajasthan Government and the Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation (RIICO) have launched the ‘Mission Niryatak Bano’ campaign to promote aspiring exporters in Rajasthan.
- This campaign is aimed at registering and handholding the local traders willing to expand their business to foreign countries, in six steps.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- National Parks: Desert National Park, Keoladeo Ghana National Park, Mukundra Hills National Park, Ranthambhore National Park, Sariska National Park
J&K Government inks an MoU with JSW Foundation for the restoration, conservation of Shalimar and Nishat Gardens
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Mumbai-based JSW Foundation for the restoration and conservation of Shalimar and Nishat Gardens in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir.
- JSW will assist the J&K Government both financially and technically in preserving the heritage gardens under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Jammu and Kashmir
- Capital: Srinagar (Summer), Jammu (Winter)
- Lt. Governor: Manoj Sinha
- National Parks: Hemis National Park, City Forest (Salim Ali) National Park, Dachigam National Park, Kishtwar National Park
- Wildlife Sanctuaries: Changthang Cold Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary, Jasrota Wildlife Sanctuary, Baltal-Thajwas Wildlife Sanctuary, Karakoram (Nubra Shyok) Wildlife Sanctuary
- Lakes: Mansar Lake, Nagin Lake, Wular Lake, Surinsar Lake, Dal Lake
UN Food Systems Pre-Summit 2021 was held in a hybrid mode in Rome, Italy
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) Narendra Singh Tomar participated in the UN Food Systems Pre-Summit 2021 held in a hybrid mode in Rome, Italy.
- Under the leadership of the UN Secretary-General António Guterres, the Pre-Summit is a “People’s Summit”.
- Capital: Rome
- President: Sergio Mattarella
- Prime Minister: Mario Draghi
Union Minister of State for External Affairs Rajkumar Ranjan Singh inaugurates the BRICS Civil Forum 2021
- Minister of State in the Union Ministry of External Affairs Rajkumar Ranjan Singh had virtually inaugurated the BRICS Civil Forum 2021 organised by the Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS).
- The two-day event was organised by India, as BRICS Chair, with an apt focus on ‘technology’ and ‘sustainability’. BRICS Civil Forum is a recognised and influential People-to-People platform under the BRICS cooperation framework.
Global Education Summit begins in London
- The United Kingdom and Kenya are co-hosting a two-day Global Education Summit in London to raise $5 billion for the Global Partnership for Education (GPE), which funds public education in up to 90 countries and territories. These countries are home to more than 80 per cent of the world’s out-of-school children.
- Capital: London
- Currency: Pound Sterling
- Prime Minister: Boris Johnson
- Capital: Nairobi
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling
- President: Uhuru Kenyatta
Pham Minh Chinh was re-elected as the Prime Minister of Vietnam
- Pham Minh Chinh was re-elected as the Prime Minister of Vietnam for the 2021–2026 tenure during the first session of the 15th National Assembly in Hanoi.
- Capital: Hanoi
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong
- Prime Minister: Pham Minh Chinh
Banking and Economy
RBI fines Axis Bank Rs. 5 crores for non-compliance with certain rules
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed Rs. 5 crores fine on Axis Bank for non-compliance with certain provisions of RBI norms on payment ecosystem between banks as a corporate customer, cybersecurity and financial inclusion norms.
- The penalty has been imposed for “contravention of/non-compliance” with certain provisions of directions issued by the RBI.
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
- Tagline: “Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi”
Yes Bank and Indiabulls Housing Finance sign a co-lending agreement for home loans
- Yes Bank and Indiabulls Housing Finance have entered into a co-lending agreement for home loans. This partnership aims at synergising capabilities to provide an efficient and seamless experience to retail home loan customers.
- The Reserve Bank of India’s co-lending framework provides a collaboration tool to benefit from the low-cost funding model of a bank and the cost-efficient sourcing and servicing capabilities of a non-bank.
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Founder: Rana Kapoor
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: “Experience our Expertise”
RBI cancels the licence of Goa-based Madgaum Urban Co-operative Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Madgaum Urban Co-operative Bank Limited, Goa, as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- The RBI has assured that about 99 per cent of the depositors will receive full amounts of their deposits from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC).
Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Michael Debrata Patra
Acquisitions and Mergers
IFC acquires Federal Bank’s 4.99% stake for Rs. 916 crores
- International Finance Corporation (IFC), along with two investment funds managed by IFC Asset Management Company (IFC Financial Institutions Growth Fund and IFC Emerging Asia Fund), acquired 4.99 per cent stake in Federal Bank for Rs. 916 crores.
Science and Technology
Intel partners with CBSE to launch ‘AI For All’ initiative
- Chipmaker Intel has collaborated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to launch the ‘AI For All’ initiative’, aimed at creating a basic understanding of artificial intelligence (AI) for people in India.
- Based on Intel’s ‘AI For Citizens’ programme, ‘AI For All’ is a 4-hour, self-paced learning programme that inclusively demystifies AI.
Noopur Chaturvedi was appointed as the new CEO of Bharat BillPay System
- Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), NPCI’s flagship bill payments platform, has appointed former PayU and Airtel Payments Bank executive Noopur Chaturvedi as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Awards and Recognitions
Mumbai-based illustrator Anand Radhakrishnan wins the prestigious Will Eisner Comic Industry Award
- Mumbai-based graphic artist Anand Radhakrishnan has won the prestigious Will Eisner Comic Industry Award, considered the Oscars equivalent of the comics world.
- The Indian artist won the Best Painter/Multimedia Artist (interior art) Award for his work in UK-based author Ram V’s 145-page graphic novel Blue in Green. Radhakrishnan shared the award with another UK-based colourist John Pearson.
Satpura Tiger Reserve wins the NatWest Group Earth Heroes Award for best management
- Madhya Pradesh’s Satpura Tiger Reserve has received the Natwest Group Earth Heroes Award in the Earth Guardian category for best management. The Satpura Tiger Reserve has also been included in the potential list of World Heritage.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel
- National Parks: Bandhavgarh National Park, Dinosaur Fossils National Park, Fossil National Park, Pench National Park, Kanha National Park, Kuno National Park, Madhav National Park, Panna National Park, Sanjay National Park, Satpura National Park, Van Vihar National Park
Daily CA July 30 One-liner:
|1. World Day against Trafficking in Persons – 30 July|
|2. Rajasthan Government launches the ”Mission Niryatak Bano” to foster exports from Rajasthan|
|3. J&K Government inks an MoU with JSW Foundation for the restoration, conservation of Shalimar and Nishat Gardens|
|4. UN Food Systems Pre-Summit 2021 was held in a hybrid mode in Rome, Italy|
|5. Union Minister of State for External Affairs Rajkumar Ranjan Singh inaugurates the BRICS Civil Forum 2021|
|6. Global Education Summit begins in London|
|7. Pham Minh Chinh was re-elected as the Prime Minister of Vietnam|
|8. RBI fines Axis Bank Rs. 5 crores for non-compliance with certain rules|
|9. Yes Bank and Indiabulls Housing Finance sign a co-lending agreement for home loans|
|10. RBI cancels the licence of Goa-based Madgaum Urban Co-operative Bank|
|11. IFC acquires Federal Bank’s 4.99% stake for Rs. 916 crores|
|12. Intel partners with CBSE to launch ‘AI For All’ initiative|
|13. Noopur Chaturvedi was appointed as the new CEO of Bharat BillPay System|
|14. Mumbai-based illustrator Anand Radhakrishnan wins the prestigious Will Eisner Comic Industry Award|
|15. Satpura Tiger Reserve wins the NatWest Group Earth Heroes Award for best management|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of July 30, 2021, now from the link given below.