DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 9, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 9 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Delhi decides to provide free ration to PDS cardholders till November 2020:
- Delhi Government has decided to provide free ration to Public Distribution System (PDS) cardholders till November 2020.
- Delhi government will continue to provide food grains free of cost to the National Food Security (NFS) beneficiaries in Delhi to mitigate the economic hardship caused by the COVID19 pandemic.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Yotta Infrastructure Inaugurates India’s Largest Data Center Facility:
- Maharashtra CM e-inaugurated Asia’s largest certified tier IV data centre near Mumbai. The Yotta NM1 data centre building, is the largest of its kind in India, as well as the second-largest in the world. The private facility is owned by Hiranandani Group.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
US to officially withdraw from WHO from July 6, 2021:
- United States will leave the World Health Organization (WHO) on July 6, 2021, the United Nations said after receiving notification of the decision by President Donald Trump.
Maldives and Sri Lanka eliminate measles & rubella ahead of 2023 target:
- Sri Lanka & Maldives became the first two countries in the World Health Organization’s South-East Asia region to eliminate measles & rubella ahead of 2023 Since 2017, nearly 500 million children in the region have been vaccinated for the diseases.
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
4th edition of the virtual Ministerial on Climate Action Virtually held:
- India was represented by the Union Environment Minister, Shri Prakash Javadekar. The fourth edition of the virtual Ministerial on Climate Action was co-chaired by European Union, China and Canada.
- The meeting witnessed the countries deliberating on how countries are aligning economic recovery plans with the Paris Agreement as well as the critical enabling conditions to ensure continued climate action.
Banking and Economy:
Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund launches voice-based services via Google Assistant:
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund (ABSLMF) has launched voice-based services for its investors with Google Assistant.
- The voice assistant acts as a 24X7 interface for investors to interact with the fund house, to address their various service requests such as portfolio valuations, account statement, capital gains statement etc.
L&T Infra Finance gets USD 50 mn from AIIB for renewable energy funding:
- Larsen & Toubro Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd. (LTIF), a wholly-owned subsidiary of L&T Finance Holdings Ltd., received the first tranche of $50 million of the total $100 million ECB loan from Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
Karur Vysya Bank announces corporate agency pact with Bajaj Allianz Life:
- Karur Vysya Bank said it has entered into a corporate agency partnership with Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance to offer life insurance solutions to the bank’s customers.
- Bajaj Allianz’s products will be available at the Bank’s 780 branch offices spread across India.
Karur Vysya Bank:
- Headquarters: Karur, Tamil Nadu.
- CEO: P. R. Seshadri
Maruti Suzuki Partners With Axis Bank For Easy Car Loan Schemes:
- India’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. has collaborated with private lender Axis Bank Ltd. to offer easy vehicle financing for car buyers.
- Under the partnership, Axis Bank will offer a variety of options to customers, including 100 per cent on-road funding for salaried customers for eight years, step-up EMI scheme starting at Rs 1,250 per lakh and balloon EMI scheme with final EMI being 25 per cent of loan amount.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- MD & CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry.
- Tagline: “Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi”.
Acquisitions & Mergers
NSDC and Microsoft join hands to provide digital skills to over 1 lakh youth:
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Microsoft on Wednesday announced a strategic partnership aimed at providing digital skills to over 1 lakh youth in the country over the next one year.
- Microsoft will collaborate with NSDC’s eSkill India portal to provide free access to learning resources.
CBDT and SEBI sign MoU for data exchange:
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for data exchange between the two organizations.
- It will facilitate sharing of data and information on an automatic and regular basis.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharshtra
- Chairman: Ajay Tyagi.
Central Board of Direct Taxes:
- Chairman: Pramod Chandra Mody
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
Science and Technology:
BDL signs licence agreement with DRDO for Akash Missile Weapon System:
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) has signed Licence Agreement and Transfer of Technology (LAToT) with DRDO for Akash Missile Weapon System (Indian Army Variant). Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) is the lead integrator for Akash Weapon System (Indian Army).
Mylab launches machine to automate molecular diagnostic tests including those for COVID-19:
- Pune-based Mylab Discovery Solutions launched a machine ‘Compact XL’ to automate the manual processes of molecular diagnostic tests, including RT-PCR tests for COVID-19. It is a cartridge-based machine and can test multiple samples at one time.
Corporate affairs Secretary Rajesh Verma appointed as IEPFA chairman:
- Government appointed corporate affairs secretary, Rajesh Verma, as the chairman of the Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) replacing Injeti Srinivas. The post of the chairman of the IEPFA is held by whoever is the current MCA secretary.
Luxury Ride signs Sukhbir Singh as brand ambassador:
- Luxury Ride, chain of used, multi-brand luxury car showrooms, signed singer Sukhbir Singh as brand ambassador. With this, he will be seen in a full-fledged marketing campaign across the upcoming brand and product communication initiatives by Luxury Ride.
M K Saggar to take over as ED in charge of RBI’s monetary policy department:
- M K Saggar will take over as the executive director (ED) in charge of Reserve Bank of India’s monetary policy department, after the retirement of Janak Raj. He will also be included in the 6-member Monetary Policy Committee as an internal RBI member.
Awards and Recognitions:
International Olympic Committee receives Green Building Leadership Award:
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that its new headquarters in Lausanne has been awarded the European 2020 US Green Building Council (USGBC) Leadership Award.
- Olympic House, which also holds the rigorous LEED Platinum certification, is one of the most sustainable buildings in the world, IOC stated.
International Olympic Committee:
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Thomas Bach
Books and Author:
A Book Titled ‘Mahaveer:The Soldier Who Never Died’ Authored by A.K. Srikumar & Rupa Srikumar Released:
- The book, titled ‘Mahaveer: The Soldier who never died’ is authored by award winning author K. Srikumar and his wife, Rupa Srikumar. The book is a patriotic story about thecourage and selfless love of Jaswant Singh Rawat.
- He is one of the legendary Garhwali soldiers fought in Indo-Chinese battle of Nuranang in 1962. The book is published by Rupa Publications and represented by The Book Bakers.
Veteran Bollywood actor-comedian Jagdeep dies at 81:
- Veteran actor-comedian Jagdeep, best known for his role as Soorma Bhopali in “Sholay”, died at his residence. He was 81. The actor’s real name was Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jafri. He was the last of the comic icons alongside Johnny Walker & Mehmood.
BWF cancels China Masters and Dutch Open due to COVID-19 pandemic:
- Badminton World Federation (BWF) cancelled two more international tournaments Lingshui China Masters and YONEX Dutch Open 2020 from its revamped 2020 calender because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Badminton World Federation:
- Headquarters– Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Founded– 5th July 1934
- President– Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen
- Membership- 194 member associations
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.