DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 13, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 13 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Albinism Awareness Day- June 13:
- International Albinism Awareness Day (IAAD) is celebrated annually on June 13. It is to celebrate the human rights of persons with albinism worldwide. Albinism is an inherited genetic condition that reduces the amount of melanin pigment in the skin, hair and eyes.
- Theme: “Made to Shine”.
Government approves revised estimate of Rs 124 crore for ship repair facilities in Andaman & Nicobar:
- Due to increased ship movements, the ship repair facilities at Port Blair are being augmented by the shipping ministry and the existing dock length will be extended by 90 meters under “Make In India”
- Shipping ministry has approved a revised cost estimate of Rs 123.95 crore.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- Capital: Port Blair
- Governor: Devendra Kumar Joshi
Indian Navy inaugurates Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle Complex at Visakhapatnam:
- DSRV Complex is designed to accommodate the newly inducted Submarine Rescue System with state of the art facilities to store the DSRV assets in a Rescue-Ready The DSRV system can be rapidly mobilized by air or road to facilitate submarine rescue operations even at distant locations.
Railways Creates World Record; Successfully Runs First Double Stack Container Train In Electrified Territory:
- Indian Railways created a world record by commissioning the first high rise Over Head Equipment (OHE) and successfully running double stack containers in electrified territory on the Western Railway from Palanpur and Botad stations in Gujarat.
3rd phase of SAUNI scheme to be completed by 2021 to fill Saurashtra dams:
- Gujarat Chief Minister, Vijay Rupani announced that the phase 2 and phase 3 of the Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) scheme to fill Saurashtra’s 115 dams with Narmada water will be completed by August 15 and March 2021 respectively.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launches Sahakar Mitra Scheme on Internship Programme by National Cooperative Development Corporation:
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister inaugurated a Sahakar Mitra Scheme Internship Program(SIP) an initiative of the NCDC.
- It will provide the young professionals an opportunity of practical exposure and learning from the working of National Cooperative Development Corporation and cooperatives as a paid intern.
Odisha becomes 1st state in India to receive ISO certification for tribal hostels:
- Odisha became the first State in India to receive prestigious ISO (International Organization for Standardization) 9001:2015 certification for its 44 tribal hostels of Keonjhar (32 hostels ) and Sambalpur (12 hostels) districts improving their overall infrastructure and standards under Mission Suvidya.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launches ‘Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana’ through video conference:
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched “Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana” for 8-18 years old children, who are child labourers instead of being in school, through video conference.
- Aim of the yojana– To educate orphans and worker’s children or child labourers & ensure their healthy life.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
NHAI becomes first construction sector organization to go ‘Fully Digital’:
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has gone “Fully Digital”, with the launch of cloud-based and Artificial Intelligence-powered Big Data Analytics platform – Data Lake and Project Management Software in view of the deadly coronavirus pandemic.
Maharashtra renames its environment ministry as ‘Environment & Climate Change Ministry’:
- A week after being hit by Cyclone Nisarga, Maharashtra has renamed its Environment Ministry as Environment and Climate Change Ministry. The department which is handle by Shiv Sena MLA Aaditya Thackeray.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
‘STREE’ Launched In Hyderabad To Support And Empower Women Against Domestic Violence:
- Hyderabad City Security Council (HCSC) in association with Hyderabad City Police has launched a programme “STREE” to support women against domestic violence. The name reflects the vision – “She Triumphs through Respect, Equality, and Empowerment” (STREE).
- Chief Minister:K. Chandrashekar Rao
- National Parks(NP):KasuBrahmananda Reddy NP, Mahaveer Harina NP, Mrugavani NP.
India-ASEAN Youth Dialogue 2020:
- 3rd India-ASEAN youth dialogue that was held online from June 8 to 10, India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) pledged to enhance cooperation in ways to effectively and constructively channelizing youthful energy.
- Ministry of External Affairs said that the current ASEAN-India Dialogue was taking forward the legacy of the previous ASEAN-India Youth summits held in 2017 and 2019.
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN):
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Founded: 8 August 1967
- Secretary General of ASEAN: Lim Jock Hoi.
Bangladesh launches plasma network for COVID 19 treatment:
- Government of Bangladesh has launched an online network to facilitate Plasma Exchange between recovered patients of COVID-19 and those undergoing treatment for Corona infection in the country.
- Named ‘Shohojodha’, the initiative has been launched by the ICT division of the government of Bangladesh in collaboration with Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
- President: Abdul Hamid.
Banking and Economy:
RBI bars People’s Co-operative Bank from granting fresh loans, accepting deposits for six months:
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has barred Kanpur-based People’s Co-operative Bank from granting fresh loans and accepting deposits for six months, due to its weak financial position.
- Also no withdrawal of amount across all savings bank or current accounts or any other account of a depositor will be allowed from the co-operative bank.
RBI proposes upper age limit of 70 yrs for bank CEOs and whole-time directors:
- RBI has proposed an upper age limit of 70 years for CEOs and whole-time directors of banks and a maximum term of 10 years for those belonging to the promoter group, as part of the exercise to improve governance in the banking sector.
SBI relaunches online ‘Insta Saving Bank Account’ through YONO:
- State Bank of India has re-launched “SBI Insta Saving Bank Account” an Aadhaar-based instant digital savings account for customers who would like to open an account online through bank’s integrated banking and lifestyle platform – YONO.
- YONO will offer a complete paperless and instant digital savings account opening with just PAN and Aadhaar number.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
NCERT collaborates with Rotary India for e-learning content on TV:
- With an aim to make e-learning more constructive, the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and Rotary India joined hands for e-learning content for class 1-12 telecast over all NCERT TV channels.
Science and Technology:
Kerala Startup Invents Mask Disposal Smart Bin & UV Light-Based Disinfection Device To Beat COVID-19:
- A startup named VST Mobility Solutions, headquartered in Cochin, has reportedly launches an automated mask disposal machine “BIN-19” & “Ultraviolet (UV) SPOT”. The purpose behind this invention is to beat corona virus.
Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta takes charge as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command:
- Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta, assumed charge as Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command (ENC).
- Dasgupta will succeed Vice Admiral S N Ghormade after he has proceeded on transfer as Controller Personnel Services at the Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy), New Delhi.
Three DST institutes in top 30 in India in Nature Index 2020:
- Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), Kolkata (7th rank),Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore (14th rank) and N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (30th rank).
- These are the three autonomous institutes of the Department of Science and Technology that have been ranked among the top 30 Indian institutions in the Nature Index 2020 ratings.
- The Nature Index 2020 ratings have been globally topped by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), beijing.
Former Planning Commission Member Vaidyanathan Passed away at 88:
- Vaidyanathan was a professor at the Madras Institute of Development Studies and Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram. He had chaired the Government of India Task Force on Revival of Cooperative Credit Institutions (2004) and was a member of the K N Raj Committee on Taxation of Agricultural Income (1969-70).
Veteran Urdu poet Gulzar Dehlvi passes away at 93:
- Veteran Urdu poet Anand Mohan Zutshi ‘Gulzar’ Dehlvi passed away . He was 93. He was the freedom fighter and a premier ‘inquilabi’ poet.
Belgium on Top, India Remain at 108 in Latest FIFA Rankings:
- India has maintained their 108th spot in the latest FIFA world rankings revealed for the month of June. Belgium remains at the summit ahead of France and Brazil, who complete the podium, while England and Uruguay continue to fourth and fifth respectively.
FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association):
- Motto– For the Game. For the World
- Headquarters– Zürich, Switzerland
- President– Gianni Infantino
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.