DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 12, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 12 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Day Against Child Labour-12 June:
- World Day Against Child Labour observed on 12th June. The International Labour Organization (ILO) launched the World Day Against Child Labour in 2002 to focus attention on the global extent of child labour and the action and efforts needed to eliminate it.
- Theme:”COVID-19: Protect Children from Child Labour, now more than ever”.
Uttar Pradesh govt to launch state level sample collection campaign:
- Uttar Pradesh government is set to launch a state level sample collection campaign to find out the level of corona infection among the different sections of society. The campaign will run for one week in which various clusters of the society will be tested.
Uttar Pradesh Government successfully installs Tru NAAT machines in all districts:
- Uttar Pradesh Government has successfully installed Tru NAAT machines in all 75 districts. It will help in getting early results of the tests & with the help of them ANC,Pre-surgical & severe acute respiratory infections SARI Cases may be tested for COVID at all districts.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister launches “Jagananna Chedodu” scheme, disburses Rs. 10,000 to beneficiaries:
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, who has been implementing welfare schemes for the betterment of the poor, has embarked on another scheme named Jagananna Chedodu scheme.
- A scheme to provide financial assistance to barbers, dhobis (washermen) and tailors in the state.
- Capital: Amaravati
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
- Folk dances: Kuchipudi, Vilasini Natyam, Bhamakalpam, Veeranatyam.
- National Park: Sri Venkateswara National Park ,Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda National Park.
FM Nirmala Sitharaman chairs 40th GST council meeting:
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired the 40th GST council meeting through video conferencing. Finance Minister said that no late fee will be charged from small taxpayers who have not filed their GST returns between July 2017 and January 2020.
Apple becomes the first US company to hit $1.5 trillion market cap:
- Apple has become the first US Company to cross $1.5 trillion-mark in market cap as its valuation hit $1.53 trillion at over $352 per share.
- While Microsoft briefly hit $1.5 trillion m-cap, its valuation declined to $1.49 trillion.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Wipro partners with CloudKnox Security to protect hybrid, multi-cloud infrastructure:
- Wipro and CloudKnox joint offering enables enterprises to proactively protect and manage their Hybrid and Multi-Cloud infrastructure by continuously detecting and remediating over-permissioned identities.
IFFCO signs MoU with ICAR for joint research, testing, validation of products:
- Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Ltd (IFFCO) signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) for collaborative research, testing and validation of different products through ICAR institutes and Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs).
IDBI Bank’s board approves appointment of Anshuman Sharma as government nominee director:
- The Board of Directors has approved the appointment of Anshuman Sharma, Director, Ministry of Finance, Department of Financial Services, as government nominee director
- Sharma is an IRS officer and He has served on the board of State Bank of Travancore, Allahabad Bank, IFCI Ltd and India Post Payments Bank (IPPB).
Awards and Recognitions:
Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal gets 2020 World Food Prize:
- Eminent Indian-American soil scientist Rattan Lal has been named this year’s recipient of the World Food Prize for developing and mainstreaming a soil-centric approach to increasing food production that conserves natural resources and mitigates climate change.
Shobha Sekhar conferred with “Medal of the Order of Australia”:
- Indian Musician & founder of Kalakruthi music organization in Australia, Shobha Sekhar will be conferred the “Medal of the Order of Australia”. The Montreal-based artiste and lecturerm University of Melbourne, figures in the Queen’s Birthday 2020 Honours List.
Ramon Magsaysay awards, Asia’s version of Nobel Prize awards cancelled:
- Ramon Magsaysay awards, regarded as Asia’s version of the Nobel Prize, have been cancelled this year due to the global pandemic, the only third time the annual awards were disrupted in six decades.
NIRF Ranking 2020 released, IIT Madras tops the overall list:
- HRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announces the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) India Rankings 2020.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras (Tamil Nadu) has topped the list of ‘overall ranking’ category with a score of 85.31 followed by Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru and Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
QS World University Rankings 2021: 3 Indian Universities Reach Top 200 List:
- QS World University Rankings is actually an annual publication of the university rankings from all over the world by the publisher Quacquarelli Symonds.
- The Three institutes are IIT’s where IIT Bombay is ranked at 172nd position; IISc Bangalore is at 185th position while IIT Delhi is at the 193rd position. Top 3 universities in the World ranking list is Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Stanford University, Harvard University.
Manchester United legend Tony Dunne dies aged 78:
- Tony Dunne, who was part of the Manchester United side who won the European Cup in 1968, has died at the age of 78. Red Devils from Shelbourne in 1960 and went on to play in 535 games, a number that sees him sit eighth on the club’s all-time appearances list.
Senior SAIL director Atul Srivastava dies of cardiac arrest:
- Senior Steel Authority of India Limited official, Atul Srivastava, has died of cardiac arrest here last night, a company. Srivastava assumed charge as Director (Personnel) of SAIL on March 12, 2018.
Writer Jas Waters passes away at 39:
- Jas Waters, who wrote for shows like This is Us and Kidding, has passed away. Waters was a credited writer on the 2019 film What Men Want, Showtime’s Kidding and Comedy Central’s Hood Adjacent with James Davis, as well as This Is Us in 2017 and 2018.
Former world champion boxer Oleksandr Gvozdyk retires:
- 33-year-old Ukrainian lightweight boxing champion Oleksandr Gvozdyk also known as “The Nail” announced his retirement. He was born on 15th April 1987 in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Gvozdyk won the WBC title in December 2018 when he knocked out Adonis Stevenson, who had held the belt for five years.
India Commonwealth Games gold champion lifter Sanjita Chanu cleared of doping charges:
- International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) has cleared India’s K Sanjita Chanu of anti-doping violation over charges brought up in November 2017 citing “non conformities” in the handling of her sample.
- Chanu is a two-time Commonwealth Games gold medallist—at Glasgow in 2014 (48kg) and in Gold Coast in 2018 (53kg).
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.