DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 2, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 2 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Public Sector Banks sanction collateral free loans worth 3,200 crore rupees in a single day under Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan:
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman informed that largely the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) located in over three thousand TIER-2 towns were covered on the first day of sanctions of the collateral free loans.
- The amount 3,200 crore sanctioned will help the MSMEs to meet the expenses towards payment of salaries, rent and restocking of goods.
Centre launches PM SVANIDHI scheme for street vendors to get loans of up to ₹10,000:
- Union Government has launched “PM SVANIDHI” –Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor’s Atmanirbhar Nidhi – a special micro-credit facility scheme for providing affordable loan to street vendors. It is aimed at enabling the street vendors to resume their livelihood.
- The scheme targets to benefit over 50 lakh street vendors.
Odisha, Sikkim, Mizoram join ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ scheme: Ram Vilas Paswan:
- Odisha, Sikkim and Mizoram are the three more states that have been included under the “One Nation One Ration Card” scheme. Consumer Affairs Minister announced the inclusion of these states in the scheme on Integrated Management of Public Distribution System.
- The facility is enabled in 17 States and UTs so far.
PM Modi announces “My Life My Yoga” Video Blogging contest in Man Ki Baat:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi called upon one and all to participate in the “My Life – My Yoga” (also called “Jeevan Yoga”) Video Blogging Contest, a joint effort by the Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), during the course of his monthly Mann Ki Baat address to the nation.
- The contest focuses on the transformative impact of Yoga on the lives of individuals, and comes as one of the activities related to the observation of the sixth International Day of Yoga (IDY) coming up on 21st June 2020.
Banking and Economy:
Yes Bank partners with Chalo launch contactless card for bus passengers:
- Yes Bank has partnered with Chalo to launch of a co-branded contactless travel card in Mangalore and Udupi, which would enable users to load money on the card to make ‘tap to pay’ payments across buses.
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: Experience our Expertise
Acquisitions and Mergers:
OPPO partners T-Hub to support India’s startup ecosystem:
- Consumer Electronics Company OPPO and T-Hub, a startup incubator headquartered in Hyderabad, announced a tie-up to support India’s startup ecosystem.
- The collaboration aims to help startups scale up in areas of Artificial Intelligence, 5G, battery, camera and image processing, gaming and system performance.
BEML-MELCO sign MoU for manufacturing of Railway propulsion:
- The leading PSU of Government of India, BEML Limited signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Mitshubishi Electric Co. (MELCO) to study and decide on the possibility of setting up a Joint Venture (JV) Company for manufacturing of certain propulsion systems and other railways electrical equipment in India.
Lakshmi Vilas Bank CEO Subramanian Sundar gets extension:
- Reserve Bank of India has approved the extension of tenure for Lakshmi Vilas Bank’s MD and CEO, Subramanian Sundar by six months. This is the second extension given to Mr Subramanian Sundar who was the MD & CEO (interim) from January 1, 2020, to April 30.
R K Chaturvedi Assumes Charge as Secretary, Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals:
- R K Chaturvedi, IAS officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre, assumed charge as Secretary Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. He has replaced P Raghavendra Rao.
- He was serving as an Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor in the Ministry of Culture.
Sibi George appointed India’s next Ambassador to Kuwait:
- Sibi George, an Indian Foreign Service officer of 1993 batch, has been appointed India’s next Ambassador to Kuwait. He is at present India’s Ambassador in Switzerland.
- A Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) release stated that George is expected to take up his new assignment shortly.
Mindshare’s Anita Kotwani joins Carat India as CEO:
- Carat India has announced the appointment of Anita Kotwani as chief executive officer. Kotwani moves from Mindshare India where she was senior vice president, new business and client lead, The Walt Disney business.
Harsha Bangari takes charges as Exim Bank Deputy Managing Director:
- Harsha Bangari took charge as Deputy Managing Director at Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank). Prior to this, Bangari was the Chief General Manager and Chief Financial Officer of the bank.
Awards and Recognition:
Rohit Sharma nominated for Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award:
- BCCI has nominated Rohit Sharma for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, India’s highest sporting honour. The board has also nominated India fast bowler Ishant Sharma, opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan and India woman all-rounder Deepti Sharma for the Arjuna Award.
- World silver-medallist Amit Panghal and the seasoned Vikas Krishan were nominated for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award by the Boxing Federation of India.
- BFI has nominated world bronze-winning trio of Lovlina Borgohain (69kg), Simranjit Kaur (64kg) and Manish Kaushik (63kg) for the Arjuna awards.
Arjun Award winner and Archery coach Jayantilal Nanoma passed away at 34:
- A former international archer-turned-coach Jayantilal Nanoma died in a road mishap in Rajasthan. Nanoma has many gold and silver medals to his credit in national and international tournaments. Nanoma also won Arjun Award, Maharana Pratap Award,,
Former Olympic sprint champion Bobby Morrow passes away:
- American sprinter Bobby Morrow, who won three gold medals at the 1956 Olympic Games in Melbourne, passed away at the age of 84.
- Morrow won gold in the 100 and 200 meters and anchored the U.S. to victory in the 4x100m relay, in which they set a world record.
SAI to launch Khelo India e-Pathshala, an online coaching programme for grassroot level:
- Sports Authority of India (SAI) is all set to launch Khelo India e-Pathshala in association with National Sports Federations (NSF) with an aim to provide first-ever national-level open online coaching and education programme for grassroot-level
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.