CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: JUNE 8 – JUNE 14
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: JUNE 8 – JUNE 14
Dear BankersDaily Aspirants,
Hope all of you have completed the SBI clerk prelims and SBI PO prelims exams, some of you are still waiting for the SBI PO prelims examination. Now is the perfect time for your mains preparation. Don’t wait for the results rather decide what to study and kickoff your mains preparations. Start learning the Current Affairs section and score good marks in the upcoming examinations.
We are providing the aspirants with June 8-14 Weekly One Liners. Our Team has toiled hard to collect the important points and all the important events in a crispy manner and have gathered all the important current affairs from the first week of June. You can also download this as a PDF in the link provided below.
- The Chief Election Commissioner Sh. Om Prakash Rawat, Election Commissioners Sh. Sunil Arora and Shri Ashok Lavasa has launched the online RTI Portal of Election Commission of India which aims to help applicants seeking information under the Right To Information Act.
- The IIT-Bombay has emerged as the country’s best university in the latest edition of the QS World University Rankings.
- India has moved up four places to the 137th rank among 163 countries on the 2018 Global Peace Index. The Institute for Economics and Peace produces the Global Peace Index.
- The West Bengal Government has decided to invest 107 crore rupees to check erosion at vulnerable areas along the banks of the Ganga and the Padma. A stretch of 15 kilometres will be concretised, to prevent erosion.
- Guatemala’s deadly Fuego volcano exploded. Thousands of people have been evacuated from Guatemala.Fuego is one of the most active volcanoes in Central America, and is located just 27 miles from the capital, Guatemala City.
- A third generation EPR reactor in China carried out its first nuclear chain reaction.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Norway to extend the cooperation within health sector through the Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI) for a period of three years starting from 2018 to 2020.
- The Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO) has sanctioned ₹4,000 crore loan for the LIFE Mission of the Pinarayi Vijayan government to construct homes for all the shelter-less in the State.
- The Minister of State for Defence Subhash Ramrao Bhamre has inaugurated 578-metre-long Theng Tunnel, the longest in Sikkim.
- Punjab Government has launched a “Business First Portal” which was unveiled by Industry Minister Sunder Sham Arora.
- Andhra Pradesh has been declared as the Open Defecation Free (ODF) State.Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu said the State achieved the national cleanliness goal by constructing 2.77 lakh individual toilets.
- The Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Rathore has approved the upward revision of pension to meritorious sportspersons.
- The eight states which signed the MoUs to implement the Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission include Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand.
- Odisha government signed a MoU with Hyderabad-based Pullela Gopichand Badminton Foundation (PGBF) for the establishment of P Gopichand Badminton Academy.
- The Himachal government has received a financial assistance of Rs 84.13 crore from the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Finance under the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF) during 2018-19.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated a 16 MW solar ‘PV power plant’ set up by the defence PSU Bharat Electronics LTD at the Heavy Vehicle Factory in Avadi, Chennai.
- The medical device sector hailed Andhra Pradesh’s move to to use auto-disable syringes for all clinical purposes from World Hepatitis Day on July 28 to prevent infection.
- An agreement on first transfer of technology for lithium-ion batteries was signed here between the government-run Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI) and RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd.
- The Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh will become the first airport in India to have an automated smart facial recognition system will aim to ensure hassle-free movement of travellers from entry to boarding points.
- India will soon have its first national police museum as the central government has decided to establish the unique facility in Lutyens’ Delhi.
- The second India-US colloquium on Earth Observations and Sciences for Society and Economy was inaugurated at the CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR-NIO), Dona Paula, Goa.
- The two apps, ‘Rail MADAD’ and ‘Menu on Rails’, were launched by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Minister of State (MoS) Manoj Sinha during a press conference organised to highlight the achievements of the Ministry in the last four years.
- The government is likely to launch a Rs 500-crore credit enhancement fund next month to facilitate infrastructure investments by insurance and pension funds.
- India will host the first military exercise of the BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) group focussing on counter-terrorism.
- The Visakhapatnam railway station of Waltair Division, East Coast Railway, has launched an all-female group of railway personnel, named “Subhadra Vahini”, who will assist lady passengers subjected to inconveniences.
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri handed over a Cheque of 99.2 million Nepali rupees to the Secretary, Minister of Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation, Nepal, Dr. Sanjay Sharma in Kathmandu.
- The government has added ten Swachh Iconic Places (SIP) under phase III of its flagship programme, Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The Swedish furniture major IKEA is likely to inaugurate its first Indian store in Hi-tec city,Hyderabad.
- The 13th edition of exercise SURYA KIRAN-XIII, a joint military training exercise between India & Nepal ended at Pithoragarh,Uttarakhand.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched ‘#YogaFor9to5’: A contest focused on generating awareness regarding benefits of Yoga at Workplace for Women.
- The Green Mizoram Day was observed on June 11 across the state with government employees, students and members of NGOs planting large number of trees.Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla inaugurated the Green Mizoram Day, 2018.
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission KVIC has created a world record of distributing maximum number of bee-boxes in one day. Two thousand three hundred thirty(2330) bee-boxes were distributed among 233 beneficiaries in the Zangalee Army area.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated and laid foundation stones for more than 100 schemes, worth Rs 875 crore, of the state bridge construction corporation.
- The Solar Charkha Mission of the Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), will be launched by the President, Ram Nath Kovind.
- The Government think-tank Niti Aayog has prepared the Composite Water Management Index as a useful tool to assess and improve the performance in efficient management of water resources.
- The UN General Assembly has elected South Africa, Indonesia, Dominican Republic, Germany and Belgium as non-permanent members of the powerful Security Council for a two-year term beginning January 1, 2019.
- Private sector lender Yes Bank launched a deposit scheme, which could fetch up to 8 per cent for a tenure of little over 18 months.
- ONGC Videsh Ltd said it has received the first ever equity oil cargo from Abu Dhabi’s Lower Zakum oil field.The consortium led by OVL includes Bharat Petro Resources Ltd (BPRL) and Indian Oil Corp (IOC).
- The 44th G7 summit was held on June 8–9, 2018, in La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada. This was the sixth time since 1981 that Canada has hosted the meetings.
- The 11th World Hindi Conference will be held in Mauritius from August 18 to August 20, 2018. The theme of the Conference is ‘Hindi Vishwa Aur Bharatiy Sanskriti’.
- US President Donald Trump and North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un signed a vague denuclearization agreement in Singapore.Both nations commit to establishing new relations in accordance with the desire of the people of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
- An International Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) will be held in Kathmandu by the Federation of Computer Association Nepal (CAN).The Theme of the two-day conference is “Sustainable Development Goals for Smart Society”.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- The Reserve Bank of India has amended the Gold Monetisation Scheme (GMS) 2015, whereby deposits can be placed with banks for broken periods such as one year three months, or 13 years four months 15 days.
- Private sector Karur Vysya Bank has entered into a bancassurance partnership with Aditya Birla Health to provide insurance services to customers.
- Former National Investigation Agency chief Sharad Kumar was appointed vigilance commissioner in the probity watchdog Central Vigilance Commissioner.
- The World Bank has forecast a growth rate of 7.3 percent for India this year and 7.5 percent for the next two years, making it the fastest growing country among major emerging economies.
- The Truecaller has announced its acquisition of Indian payments startup Chillr to strengthen its payments Truecaller will roll out credit and other financial services to Indian users in the coming months.
- According to State Bank of India’s (SBI) annual report for 2017-18, Axis Bank the largest value share of mobile banking transactions by 17.2% . Paytm that tops volumes with 22 percent and value share is a meagre 0.25 per cent.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave West Bengal Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi additional charge of Tripura Governor, during the absence on leave of Tathagata Roy.
- Former RBI deputy governor R Gandhi has joined the board of Electronic Payment Services (EPS) as independent director.
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) has appointed Sarita Nayyar to its Managing Board.
- Shri Ravindra Prasad Jaiswal (IFS: 1999), presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of Sudan, has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Eritrea.
- The 43-year-old Mike Hesson coached New Zealand for six years and formed a particularly successful partnership with former captain Brendon McCullum.
- UPSC member Arvind Saxena has been appointed as the acting chairman of the commission from June 20.
- India won the title of Intercontinental Cup Football Tournament after 2-0 victory in the final against Kenya at the Mumbai Football Arena.
- The American fighter Ronda Rousey will become the first female MMA fighter to be inducted into the Ultimate Fighting Championship Hall of Fame.
- Giorgi Kvirikashvili, prime minister of Georgia, has announced his resignation amid a disagreement with Bidzina Ivanishvili, the leader of the ruling party.
- Yes Bank shareholders have approved the re-appointment of Rana Kapoor as the bank’s CEO and Managing Director for a period of three years effective September 1, 2018.
- India cricketer Mithali Raj has become the first batter from the country to score 2000 runs in T20I cricket.
- India got their campaign at the 2018 Asian Junior Athletics Championships off to a strong start winning four medals a gold, a silver and two bronze on the first day of the four-day event in Gifu, Japan.
- The lead striker from the English National Team, Harry Kane is named as most valuable player for the upcoming FIFA World Cup, which is set to begin from June 14.
- India won three more medals on the third and penultimate day of Asian Junior Athletics Championships at Gifu in Japan, taking their overall tally to three gold, one silver and nine bronze medals.
- The World number one Rafael Nadal won an 11th French Open title by beating Austrian Dominic Thiem in straight sets.
- Simona Halep became the second Romanian woman to win a Grand Slam singles trophy after Virginia Ruzici.
- Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel dominated the Canadian Grand Prix to retake the championship lead as Lewis Hamilton could finish only fifth for Mercedes.
- Bangladesh beat India to lift maiden Women’s Asia Cup T20 title. The event was held at the Kinrara Academy Oval in Kuala Lumpur.
- Indian long-distance runner, Gavit Murli Kumar has clinched the Gold medal in the Gouden Spike meet at Leiden, Netherlands. The 21-year-old runner was born in Dang district of Gujarat.
- Talismanic Indian football team captain Sunil Chhetri became the joint second highest international goal scorer among active players along with Argentine superstar Lionel Messi.
- Indian boxer Saweety Boora claimed a gold medal in the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament after beating Anna Anfinogenova in the final in Kaspiysk, Russia.
- The 2026 World Cup will be held in the United States, Canada and Mexico after their joint bid beat Morocco’s proposal to host it.The ‘United 2026’ bid was selected by Fifa member nations, winning 134 votes compared to 65 for Morocco.
- French Open 2018 Winners List
French Open 2018 Winners List
|Men’s Singles||Rafael Nadal (Spain)||By defeating Dominic Thiem (Austria)|
|Women’s Singles||Simona Halep||by defeating(Rome) Sloane Stephens (USA)|
|Men’s Doubles||Nicolas Mahut (France) and Pierre-Hugues Herbert (France)||
|Women’s Doubles||Katerina Siniakova (Czech Republic) and Barbara Krejcikova (Czech Republic)||
|Mixed Doubles||Ivan Dodig (Croatia) and Latisha Chan (Taiwan)||
- Odisha’s most popular lyricist, Narayan Prasad Singh popularly known as Rasaraj has passed away.
- The US celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain, host of CNN’s food-and-travel-focused Parts Unknown television series has passed away.
- The Brazilian tennis legend Maria Bueno has passed away.Bueno won three Wimbledon singles titles and four at the US Open in the 1950s and 1960s.
- David Douglas Duncan, who helped change the role of war photography by exposing the anguish of soldiers in Korea and Vietnam, has died at age 102.
- Senior Congress leader and former Union minister LP Shahi died at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi. He was 98.
- Senior socialist leader and former vice-chairman of the Nashik District Central Cooperative Bank (NDCC) Laxman Patil – Bhosle alias ‘Lakhutatya’ died. He was 84.
- The Senior journalist Xavier Rutsa has passed away.
- A prominent Bangladeshi writer and publisher Shahzahan Bachchu has passed away in Bangladesh.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
|Award received by||Awards||Place|
|Anupam Kher||“Lifetime Achievement Award” at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards||Bangkok, Thailand.|
|The Corporation Bank||“Investor Relations Awards 2018”by Investor Relations Society India under the category ‘Best Expectation Management (Mid Cap)’ for 2017-18.||_____|
|Virat Kohli||“ Polly Umrigar award “ for the best international cricketer (2016-17 and 2017-18) at the BCCI Awards||_____|
|Rohan Bopanna||“Sports Icon of Year”|
|Bindeshwar Pathak||Japan’s prestigious “Nikkei Asia Prize for Culture and Community” for his significant work in tackling poor hygiene and discrimination.||_____|
|Jane Fonda||“ Lumière Award 2018 “ in 10th Lumière Festival||Lyon, France.|
|JUNE||IMPORTANT EVENT OF THE DAY||THEME|
|8||World Oceans Day||“Preventing plastic pollution and encouraging solutions for a healthy ocean”|
|12||The World Day against Child Labour||Generation Safe & Healthy.|
|21||International Yoga Day||‘Yoga for Peace’|
Aspirants can use the link given below for downloading the PDF of June 8-14 Current Affairs (One liners)
Other Important Links