DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 27, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 27 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day-27 June:
- World MSME Day is observed on June 27. The day was established in 2017 by the United Nations to put Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in the spotlight for their contribution to inclusive and sustainable development both locally and globally.
- Theme “MSMEs: First responders to societal needs”
Karnataka Becomes First State To Amend Industries (Facilitation) Act For Small, Medium & Large-Scale Industries:
- Karnataka government today amended the long pending industrial reform “The Karnataka Industries (Facilitation) Act, 2002” to facilitate and attract investment in the state. Currently, only Gujarat and Rajasthan are the two states in the country that have amended this Act for small scale industries only.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
Centre allocates Rs 4125 cr to rejuvenate Small, Medium & Tiny Industries sector in Tamil Nadu:
- Central government has allocated 4125 crore rupees for rejuvenating the Small, Medium and Tiny Industries sector in Tamil Nadu.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edapadi Palanisamy told press persons in Coimbatore that this forms 10 per cent of the total allocation of the scheme. He said that the scheme is being effectively implemented in the state.
Maharashtra Announced “Maha Parwana” to Attract Fresh Industrial Investment:
- The government of Maharashtra announced the “Maha Parwana” to attract fresh investment in industries, for project execution, this plan will offer incentives and a single window clearance system.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
World’s first Yoga University outside India launched in the United States:
- The world’s first Yoga University outside India was recently launched in Los Angeles, USA. It has been named after Swami Vivekananda, one of the most profound thinkers and philosophers from India. The university has been founded on the ideology of Swami Vivekananda of universal welfare.
Banking and Economy:
President promulgates ordinance to bring co-operative banks under RBI supervision:
- President Kovind has Promulgated Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 to bring all urban cooperative banks & multi-state cooperative banks under the supervision of the RBI. The Ordinance amends the BRA, 1949 as applicable to cooperative banks.
India’s per capita income to decline by 5.4% in FY21: SBI report:
- India’s Per Capita Income (PCI) will decline 4 per cent in FY21 to ₹1.43 lakh. This decline in PCI is higher than the nominal GDP decline of 3.8 per cent, according to a report authored by Soumya Kanti Ghosh, Group Chief Economic Adviser, State Bank of India.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Weightlifter Sanjita Chanu to Get Arjuna Award After Dope Charges Dropped:
- Two-time Commonwealth Games gold medal winning weightlifter Sanjita Chanu, who was recently exonerated from doping charges, will get the Arjuna award for 2018, Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF) Secretary Sahdev Yadav.
P. Harikrishna becomes the 1st Indian to join the USD 150,000 Chessable Masters:
- Indian Grandmaster P Harikrishna bowed out of contention for a quarterfinal spot in the USD 150,000 Chessable Masters online tournament, with a defeat at the hands of Alexander Grischuk of Russia in the 10th and final round.
India’s NTPC wins PMC job for 500-MW solar project in Mali:
- Indian power producer NTPC Ltd has won a project management consultancy (PMC) contract for the development of a 500-MW solar park in the Republic of Mali. The award was made at an event held on June 24, NTPC stated, without giving more details about the project.
India ranks 77th in terms of Money deposits in Swiss banks:
- India has slipped three places to 77th in terms of deposits of Indian citizens and companies in Swiss banks. This information has been found in the latest data from the central bank of Switzerland. Britain holds the first place in this list. Last year, India was ranked 74th on this list.
- Britain ranks first on the list. The US is followed by the second, West Indies third, France fourth and Hong Kong The top five countries account for more than 50 percent of the total money deposited in Swiss banks.
Liverpool Win English Premier League To End 30-Year Title Drought:
- Liverpool were crowned Premier League champions without kicking a ball as Chelsea’s 2-1 win over Manchester City ended the Reds’ 30-year wait to win the English title.
Argentina Luka Romero of Mallorca becomes youngest La Liga player in history:
- Luka Romero made La Liga history as he became the youngest player to play when he was substituted on for Mallorca.
- Romero, born on 18 November 2004, was substitute on for Mallorca in their 2-0 defeat against Real Madrid. He became the youngest player ever at 15 years, 219 days to play in La Liga.
Rahul Dravid beats Sachin Tendulkar to emerge as India’s greatest Test batsman in Wisden poll:
- Former Indian skipper Rahul Dravid has emerged as the country’s greatest batsman in the longest format of the game after beating legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar in a poll conducted by Wisden India on social media recently.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.