DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 28 & 29, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 28 & 29 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
National Statistics Day-29 June:
- National Statistics Day to commemorate the birth anniversary of PC Mahalanobis, often referred to as the ‘father of Indian statistics’, is celebrated on 29 June.
- Theme: ‘Good Health & Well Being & Gender Equality’
Arjun Munda launches tribes India products on GeM and new website of TRIFED:
- Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda launched through a video conference the tribes India products on Government e-Marketplace – GeM and a new website of TRIFED. TRIBES India store on Govt eMarketplace will help in facilitating purchases by government.
Union Minister Shripad Naik Inaugurates Defence Conclave 2020 Gujarat:
- Union Minister of State for Defence Shripad Naik inaugurated two-day Defence Conclave 2020 Gujarat via video conferencing and said that strong defence capabilities would help the nation safeguarding the prosperity “Generated In The Last Few Decades”.
- The conclave was jointly organized by Confederation of Indian Industry(CII), Gujarat and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers(SIDM).
Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurates First-ever Virtual Healthcare and Hygiene Expo 2020 organized by FICCI:
- The Minister of State for Shipping (Independent charge) and Chemicals & Fertilisers Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the country’s largest and first Virtual Healthcare & Hygiene EXPO 2020 on 22nd June 2020.
- The Expo has been organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), and supported by Ministry of AYUSH, GoI.
Madhya Pradesh: Door-To-Door Survey Under “Kill Corona” Drive From July 1:
- Madhya Pradesh government will launch a “Kill Corona” campaign from July 1 to control the spread of COVID-19 in the state. Under the campaign, door-to-door survey will be conducted and tests would also be done on citizens for other diseases.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Chhattisgarh launches Godhan Nyay Yojana and becomes first Indian state to buy cow dung from cattle owners:
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the launch of ‘Godhan Nyay Yojana’ in the state on June 25, 2020. The scheme aims to make Animal Husbandry commercially profitable, prevent open grazing by cattle and solve the problem of stray animals on roads and for environment conservation.
- Capital: Raipur
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: AnusuiyaUikey
Chhattisgarh government to launch Adarsh police station scheme:
- Chhattisgarh will be made to develop all police stations in the state as Ideal police stations. The Chhattisgarh government will launch Adarsh police station scheme from July 1. Certain parameters have been fixed and those police stations meet the set criteria will be rewarded.
- Capital: Raipur
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: AnusuiyaUikey
World Bank approves USD 500 Million to improve quality of education system in six Indian states:
- World Bank said its Board of Executive Directors has approved USD 500 million (about Rs 3,700 crore) loan to improve quality and governance of school education in six Indian states. The board approved a loan for Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States Program (STARS).
- “Some 250 million students (between the age of 6 and 17) in 1.5 million schools and over 10 million teachers will benefit from the program.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass.
IMF approves 356 million dollar to Myanmar as COVID-19 emergency funding:
- IMF has been approved under the Rapid Credit Facility and Rapid Financing Instrument to meet the urgent balance of payment and fiscal needs of Myanmar. It will also support the government’s plans to boost spending especially on health and social safety nets.
- Capital: Naypyitaw,
- Currency: Kyat.
Banking and Economy:
SIDBI sets up fund to facilitate free onboarding of MSMEs on TReDS platform:
- SIDBI has set up ‘Swavalamban Crisis Responsive Fund’ to support free onboarding for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) on Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS).
- The free onboarding of MSMEs would be available till September-end. Fund target to onboard 10,000 MSMEs during the period.
- Headquarters: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Chairman & Managing Director: Mohammad Mustafa
PhonePe partners with ICICI Bank on UPI Multi-Bank:
- Flipkart-owned digital payments platform, PhonePe announced it has partnered with ICICI Bank on UPI multi-bank model, giving its users the option to create and use multiple UPI IDs with ICICI Bank’s “@ibl” handle and YES Bank’s ‘@ybl’ handle on the PhonePe app.
SBI sanctions Rs 20,000 crore loans to MSMEs under credit guarantee scheme:
- SBI has sanctioned loans worth Rs 20,000 crore to over 4,00,000 micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) accounts under the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS). It is part of the Rs 20 trillion package crafted to revive the economy.
RBI extends enhanced borrowing limit to banks under MSF till Sept 30:
- Reserve Bank of India has decided to extend the enhanced borrowing facility provided to the banks to meet their liquidity shortages till September 30. RBI, as a temporary measure, had increased the borrowing limit of scheduled banks under MSF from 2% to 3% of NDTL.
Standard Chartered Bank partners with SOLV to launch MSME Credit Card:
- SOLV, a B2B digital platform for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), announced the launch of a credit card tailor-made for the MSME segment, in partnership with Standard Chartered Bank, India.
- The SOLV MSME Credit Card provides business owners with supplier payments, fuel, logistics, purchase of raw material, utility payments and others working capital outlays.
Instamojo launches InstaCash to solve the liquidity challenge for MSMEs:
- Instamojo has launched ‘InstaCash’ to enable merchants to gain access to working capital. Merchants can avail loans for upto Rs 1 lakh, for a period of 7–14 days. Instamojo will transfer the amount to the customer once the request has been placed.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
HUL completes acquisition of female hygiene brand VWash from Glenmark:
- Leading FMCG player Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) said it has completed the acquisition of VWash from pharma major Glenmark Pharmaceuticals. VWash was launched by Glenmark in 2013. HUL has acquired intellectual property rights including trademarks.
Science and Technology:
Indian Navy inducts Advanced Torpedo Decoy System ‘Maareech’:
- Anti – Submarine Warfare capability of the Indian Navy has received a major boost with the conclusion of a contract for Advanced Torpedo Decoy System Maareech capable of being fired from all frontline warships. DRDO labs developed this system.
Russia plans to take first tourist on space walk in 2023:
- Russia’s Energia space corporation will take the first tourist on a space walk in 2023, under the terms of a new contract with a US partner. Roscosmos and RSC Energia in collaboration with Space Adventures took 8 tourists to ISS between 2001 and 2009.
Lazarus Chakwera sworn in as Malawi president:
- Malawi’s opposition leader Lazarus Chakwera has won the country’s rerun presidential vote. He defeated incumbent Peter Mutharika with 57% of the vote. It is the 2nd African nation to annul a presidential election over irregularities after Kenya in 2017.
- Capital: Lilongwe
- Currency: Malawian kwacha
- President: Lazarus Chakwera
Carrier Midea India appoints Sanjay Mahajan as Managing Director:
- Carrier Midea India, a joint venture between Carrier and Midea, has appointed Sanjay Mahajan as Managing Director. Estd in February 2012, CMI has developed a strong industry position in the India residential air-conditioning segment.
Vini Mahajan appointed first female chief secretary of Punjab:
- Punjab has appointed Vini Mahajan as the new chief secretary of Punjab. She replaces 1984-batch IAS officer Karan Avtar Singh, who recently had a face-off with Punjab ministers. Singh, who is due to retire on August 31.
Awards and Recognitions:
Indian startup capital Bengaluru in world’s top 30 startup ecosystem list: GSER Report:
- Indian’s startup capital Bengaluru has been ranked in the world’s top 30 startup ecosystems. Topped by the Silicon Valley in California, Bengaluru is at the 26th spot and the only India city to feature in the list by ‘The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2020’ by Startup Genome.
- While Delhi is in the runner-up category at the 36th spot, Mumbai ranks first in the list of top 100 emerging ecosystem ranking.
Books and Authors:
Dr. Adyasha Das releases poetry anthology “The Yogini Poems: Love and Life “:
- Adyasha Das, well-known poet from Odisha has released her fourth book of poems, “The Yogini Poems: Love and Life”, based on the Chausathi Yoginis of Hirapur. Her first non-fiction book on the Yoginis , “The Chausathi Yoginis of Hirapur: from Tantra toTourism”
- The book has been published by Black Eagle Books, Ohio USA, the publisher of Adyasha’s first book as well.
Vince Carter ‘officially done’ after 22 years in NBA:
- Vince Carter made his retirement official, announcing on his podcast that his 22-year NBA career, the longest in league history, has come to an end. Carter won the NBA Rookie of the Year Award in 1999.
World Athletics launches ‘Road to Tokyo’ qualification tracking tool:
- World Athletics has launched ‘Road to Tokyo’, an online tool to track the qualification process for next year’s Olympic Games.
- The tool will provide a real time view of each event over the course of the Tokyo 2020 qualification period which ends on June 29, 2021.
- Headquarters: Monaco
- President: Sebastian Coe
Current Affairs Quiz – Jun 28 & 29, 2020[/su_button]
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.