DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 4, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 4 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression- June 4:
- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggressionwas first recognized by the United Nations. It was established on August 19, 1982 and is observed every year on June 4. This day originally focuses on victims of the 1982 Lebanon War.
Government approves to rename Kolkata Port Trust as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi made the announcement of renaming Kolkata Port Trust as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust after Jan Sangh Founder while addressing the 150th-anniversary programme of Kolkata Port Trust.
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar.
India unveils Rs 50,000 crore schemes to attract electronics makers:
- Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled the guidelines for electronics manufacturing schemes with an aim to strengthen domestic manufacture.
- The three Schemes namely, the Production-Linked Incentive Scheme (PLI), Scheme for Promotion of Manufacturing of Electronic Components and Semiconductors (SPECS) and Modified Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC 2.0) Scheme.
Power Minister R. K. Singh launches pan-India Real-Time Market in electricity:
- Shri K. Singh, the Minister of State (IC) Power and New & Renewable Energy & Minister of State Skill Development and Entrepreneurship launched pan-India Real-Time Market in electricity through video conference in New Delhi.
- This has placed the Indian electricity market amongst a league of few electricity markets in the world, which have a real-time market.
Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju launches Khelo India Community Coach Development programme:
- The 25-day programme was inaugurated by Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju has launched the Khelo India Community Coach Development programme for 15,000 physical education teachers and coaches around the country.
Government launches SWADES to conduct skill mapping of citizens returning under Vande Bharat Mission:
- The Union Government has launched a new initiative SWADES– Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support to conduct a skill mapping exercise of the returning citizens under the Vande Bharat Mission.
Telangana Chief Minister inaugurates Kondapochamma Reservoir in Siddipet:
- Telangana CM K Chandrashekar Rao inaugurated a pump house in Siddipet district to lift Godavari water to a reservoir which is at a height of 618 meters from the source—Godavari river. This is to facilitate areas which did not have irrigation facilities.
- Chief Minister: Chandrashekar Rao
- National Parks(NP):KasuBrahmananda Reddy NP, Mahaveer Harina NP, Mrugavani NP.
World Economic Forum Davos summit to focus on ‘The Great Reset’ in 2021:
- World Economic Forum (WEF) will adopt a new twin-summit format for its next annual Davos meeting in January 2021 with a theme of ‘The Great Reset’.
World Economic Forum:
- Headquarters: Cologny, Switzerland
- Chairman: Professor Klaus Schwab.
Banking and Insurance:
BSE Ebix Insurance Broking launches health insurance:
- BSE Ebix Insurance Broking, a joint venture of BSE and Ebix Fincorp Exchange, announced the beta launch of health insurance on its platform by enrolling Religare Health Insurance.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
DBS Bank partners with TCIL for real time payments to truck drivers:
- DBS commitment to support lives and livelihoods, the bank has partnered with TCIL for empowering truck drivers by facilitating real-time payments through the DBS RAPID (Real Time APIs by DBS) solution, thereby enabling them to receive payments instantly.
DBS Bank India:
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashthra
- MD and CEO: Surojit Shome.
South Africa and NASA collaborate to support human missions to Moon, Mars and beyond:
- South African National Space Agency (SANSA) has partnered with National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to host a deep-space ground station, which will support human spaceflight missions to the Moon, Mars and beyond.
- It will be integrated into an existing network of three sites in the United States of America, Spain and
Uday Kotak appointed as new president of Confederation of Indian Industry:
- Veteran banker Uday Kotak, Managing director and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited has assumed office as the president of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for 2020-21.
- Uday Kotak takes over from Vikram Kirloskar, chairman and managing director of Kirloskar Systems Ltd and vice chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor.’ Sanjiv Bajaj takes over as CII vice-president.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII):
- President: Uday Kotak
- Vice President: Sanjiv Bajaj
- President: TV Narendran
Virendra Nath Datt becomes new CMD of National Fertilizers Limited:
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) Marketing Director, Virendra Nath Datt has taken additional charge of Chairman & Managing Director of the Company. He will replace Manoj Mishra.
Sushil Kumar Singhal appointed India’s next High Commissioner to Papua New Guinea:
- Sushil Kumar Singhal has been appointed as the next Indian High Commissioner to Papua New Guinea. He is presently serving as the Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Raveesh Kumar becomes new Ambassador of India to Finland:
- Raveesh Kumar has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Finland. He is presently serving as the Joint Secretary in the Ministry. He is an IFS officer of 1995 batch. He will replace Vani Rao as the next Ambassador of India to Finland.
- Prime Minister: Sanna Marin.
Twitter To Appoint Former Google CFO Exec Patrick Pichette As Chairperson:
- Twitter Inc appointed Patrick Pichette who had been Twitter’s lead independent director since 2018 and a former CFO at Google, as the social network’s board chairman, marking the first time in Twitter’s history that an outsider will preside over the group.
- Patrick Pichette will replace Omid Kordestani.
Science and Technology:
Hyundai Introduces Upgraded End-to-End Online Platform ‘Click to Buy’ For Customers:
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) introduced its upgraded online end-to-end automotive retail platform “Click to Buy” with an investment of around $ 1 million (around 7.5 crores) curated to provide future retail experience to customers in the wake pandemic.
Microsoft launches programme for agritech start-ups:
- Microsoft has announced the launch of a programme for agritech start-ups in India that are committed to driving transformation in agriculture.
- The Microsoft for Agritech Startups programme is designed to help start-ups build industry-specific solutions, scale and grow with access to deep technology, business and marketing resources.
WHO launches ‘C-TAP’ For Equitable Access To Life-Saving Technology:
- World Health Organization (WHO) has launched the ‘COVID-19 Technology Access Pool’ for equitable access to life-saving tech.
- This has been launched after the request from at least 37 countries who jointly appealed to the World Health Organization for common ownership of vaccines, medicines and other diagnostic tools to combat the global health crisis.
Times Higher Education Asia University Ranking; 8 Indian institutes in top 100:
- India is the third most represented country in the Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Ranking which launched today. While the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore retains its top position in the country by attaining the 36th spot globally, Eight Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) have also been featured in the top 100.
- IISc Bangalore( Rank 36), IIT-Ropar(Rank 47), IIT-Kharagpur(Rank 59),– IIT-Indore(Rank 55), IIT-Delhi(Rank 65), IIT-Bombay(Rank 69), IIT-Roorkee(Rank 83), Institute of Chemical Technology(Rank 92).
- Global top 3 Universities: Tsinghua University, China(1st), Peking University, China(2nd), National University of Singapore(3rd).
Former Pakistani cricketer Riaz Sheikh dies at 51:
- Former Pakistan first-class cricketer Riaz Sheikh became the second professional player in the country to die because of suspected coronavirus.
- A leg-spinner who took 116 wickets in 43 first-class matches was at one time considered for national selection.
NBA Hall of Famer Wes Unseld passes away:
- Wes Unseld, the burly Hall of Famer who led the then-Washington Bullets to the franchise’s only NBA championship, passed away. In 1988 Unseld was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. He was voted a top 50 player in league history in 1996.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.