DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jun 3, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jun 3 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Bicycle Day: June 3
- World Bicycle Day is observed on June 3. It is celebrated to lay emphasis on the benefits of cycling. Riding a bicycle is not only good for one’s health but is also good for the environment. Various cycling events are organized in order to promote cycling.
- This day is celebrated to recognize “The uniqueness, longevity, and versatility of Bicycles”.
Rajnath Singh to head committee for implementation of MSME loan scheme:
- According to the MSME Minister, Nitin Gadkari Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed a committee headed by Rajnath Singh to resolve any problem in the implementation of the Rs 3 lakh crore collateral-free loan scheme for MSMEs announced by the FM.
I&B Ministry releases e-booklet on Narendra Modi govt 2.0’s 1st year in office:
- The 92-page booklet ‘One Year of Modi 2.0 -Towards A Self-Reliant India’ has been brought out by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. The booklet has a separate section for the actions taken to fight the pandemic and deal with the economic fallout
Punjab Chief Minister launches anti-COVID awareness drive:
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh has launched a month-long drive, as part of “Mission Fateh” to spread awareness about COVID-19.
- He urged the people of Punjab to follow social distancing norms, wash hands properly and wear face masks to make the state win the battle against the virus.
Nitin Gadkari announces development of new Greenfield expressway to Amritsar:
- The centre has announced the development of a new Greenfield connectivity to Amritsar City from Nakodar via Sultanpur Lodhi, Goindwal Sahib, Khadoor Sahib as part of Delhi-Amritsar Expressway. The road from Amritsar to Gurdaspur to be made signal free. First phase of project to have an investment of Rs 25,000 cr.
Prime Minister Modi launches CHAMPIONS portal to empower MSMEs:
- Prime Minister launched the tech platform “Champions” to help the smaller MSMEs by solving their grievances, encouraging and supporting them. ‘Champions’ stands for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output & National Strength.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
IRCON Partners With NIIFL, Ayana to Explore Opportunities in Solar Energy:
- Ircon International Limited, formerly Indian Railway Construction Limited, an engineering and construction organisation has announced that it has signed a pact with the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL) and Ayana Renewable Power for exploring opportunities in the solar energy segment.
Gaitri Kumar Appointed India’s Next High Commissioner To UK:
- Seasoned diplomat Gaitri Kumar has been appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to the United Kingdom (UK). Ms Kumar succeeds Ruchi Ghanashyam. At present, Ms Kumar is serving as Indian Ambassador to Belgium, Luxembourg and the European Union (EU).
BAFTA Appoints Emmy-winning Krishnendu Majumdar as Chair:
- The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) appointed Krishnendu Majumdar as chairperson, making him the first person of colour assigned for the role in 73 years, and the youngest in 35 years. He succeeds Pippa Harris.
Science and Technology:
IIT BHU to re-purpose approved drugs from DrugBank database to treat COVID-19 disease:
- Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has approved support for research at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) (BHU) Varanasi to identify lead compounds from available and approved drugs for anti-SARS-CoV-2 drug molecules.
Awards and Recognition:
Indian writer Kritika Pandey wins regional award for Asia in 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize:
- The Commonwealth Short Story Prize is awarded for the best unpublished short fiction. Commonwealth citizens aged 18 and above are eligible for it.
- Kritika Pandey, a writer from Ranchi as the regional winner for Asia in the 2020 Commonwealth Short Story Prize.
- Other winners are: Innocent Chizaram Ilo (Africa), Reyah Martin (Canada and Europe), Brian S Heap (Caribbean) and Andrea E Macleod (Pacific).
India Drops 6 Places to be Ranked 23rd in StartupBlink’s Global Startup Ecosystems:
- India is home to the third largest startup ecosystem, but in a latest ranking of global startup ecosystems by Startupblink, India has dropped 6 places to the 23rd spot. StartupBlink is a global comprehensive startup ecosystem map and research centre.
- Bengaluru dropped three places to have the 14th rank in the top cities with the best startups ecosystems, while Delhi climbed 3 spots to 15th rank.
Former Union Minister, Congress leader P Namgyal passes away:
- Widely respected among Buddhists in Ladakh, Namgyal was also an agriculturist, and a social worker, besides having interest in sports and music as well. He also served the Pradesh Congress Committee in the erstwhile Jammu and Kashmir state as secretary general and vice president.
BJP Tamil Nadu former president KN Lakshmanan passes away:
- KN Lakshmanan was appointed the party’s State president and held the post from 1984-89. He also held the post from 1996 to 2000. In 2001, he was elected to the State Assembly from the Mylapore constituency in Chennai.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.