Daily Current Affairs: June 10, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (June 10, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Assam Government declares Dihing Patkai as its 7th National Park
- Assam Government has declared Dihing Patkai as its 7th National Park. Recently, Raimona National Park (422 sq. km) in western Assam’s Kokrajhar district was declared as the sixth National Park in Assam.
- The other five existing national parks in Assam are Kaziranga National Park, Manas National Park, Nameri National Park, Orang National Park and Dibru-Saikhowa National Park.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Raimona National Park and Dihing Patkai National Park
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju releases an e-Book on ‘20 Medicinal Plants for COVID-19 Care’
- Union Minister of State for Ayush Kiren Rijiju released an e-book on ‘20 Medicinal Plants for COVID-19 Care’ to highlight important medicinal plants and their therapeutic properties. These medicinal plants are useful in the prevention and management of COVID-19.
- The book was prepared by National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB). The herbs described in the e-book can be used in conditions leading to fever, cough, cold, weakness, pain, etc.
Gujarat launches ”e-Nirman” web portal and app to help unorganised sector workers to benefit from welfare schemes
- The Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani has launched a web portal named ”e-Nirman” and a mobile application to facilitate online registration of workers from the unorganised sector to give them smart cards for availing various welfare schemes.
- Workers having the U-WIN cards are entitled to get benefits from several government schemes, such as the insurance ”Ma Amrutam” scheme for hospitalisation and affordable meals under the ”Shramik Annapurna Yojna”.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- National Parks: Blackbuck National Park, Vansda National Park, Gir Forest National Park, Marine (Gulf of Kachchh) National Park
Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa launches DBT mobile application for transfer of money
- Chief Minister of Karnataka BS Yediyurappa launched a DBT mobile application for transferring money under various welfare schemes through the Aadhaar-based Direct Benefit Transfers (DBT) to beneficiaries.
- This mobile application will identify the beneficiary through his or her Aadhaar number and consider the details provided in the card as financial address and will directly transfer the amount to the Aadhaar linked bank account.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: BS Yeddyurappa
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
- National Park: Anshi National Park, Kudremukh National Park, Bandipur National Park, Bannerghatta National Park, Rajiv Gandhi (Nagarahole) National Park
Union Minister Harsh Vardhan addresses the WHO High-Level Coalition on Health and Energy Platform of Action
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan virtually addressed the first meeting of the World Health Organization High-Level Coalition on Health and Energy Platform of Action.
- The meeting was attended by several dignitaries, and national heads and representatives of various stakeholders like World Bank, UNDP, UNHRC, The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA),
Punjab becomes the first state in India to use NFC based eIDs
- Punjab became the first Indian state to use Near Field Communication (NFC) technology-based Electronic Identity Cards (eIDs) for Punjab Government officers/employees through Punjab Mandi Board.
- Near-Field Communication (NFC) is a set of communication protocols for communication between two electronic devices over a distance of 4 cm or less.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Captain Amarinder Singh
- Governor: VP Singh Badnore
Rajasthan Government launches ‘CM Anuprati Coaching Scheme’ for underprivileged students
- Rajasthan Government has launched the ‘Chief Minister Anuprati Coaching Scheme’ to help underprivileged students prepare for entrance examinations.
- The free coaching scheme is a step to help students from poor financial backgrounds to prepare for civil services and other competitive exams.
- Capital: Jaipur
- Chief Minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
El Salvador becomes the first country in the world to adopt bitcoin as legal tender
- El Salvador became the first country in the world to adopt bitcoin as legal tender after its Congress approved President Nayib Bukele’s proposal to embrace Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) to promote “financial inclusion”, investment and economic development.
- The designation allows bitcoin, the world’s largest cryptocurrency by market value, to be used to buy goods and pay taxes and bank loans.
- Capital: San Salvador
- Currency: United States Dollar
- President: Nayib Bukele
Choguel Kokalla Maiga was named as the transitional Prime Minister of Mali
- Choguel Kokalla Maiga was appointed as the transitional Prime Minister of Mali by Assimi Goita, transitional President of Mali. He succeeded Moctar Ouane. Maiga served as the Minister of Communication from 2015 to 2016.
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA Franc
- President: Assimi Goita
- Prime Minister: Choguel Kokalla Maiga
Banking and Economy
NITI Aayog recommends privatisation of the Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank
- NITI Aayog has recommended divesting government stake in the Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) as part of the privatisation initiative announced in the Union Budget 2021–2022.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had announced in the 2021–2022 budget privatising two Public Sector Banks (PSBs) as per the new PSE (Public Sector Enterprise) policy for ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’.
NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India)
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar
MR Kumar gets nine months extension as the Chairman of the LIC
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has extended the term of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) Chairman MR Kumar till 13 March 2022.
- The Union Government has significantly increased the authorised capital of LIC to 25,000 crores from Rs. 100 crores.
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 1 September 1956
- Chairman: MR Kumar
RBI approves re-appointment of CS Ghosh as the MD & CEO of the Bandhan Bank for three years
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted approval for the re-appointment of Chandra Shekhar Ghosh as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bandhan Bank for three
- Bandhan Bank is the first bank in India that has been transformed from a microfinance institution to a universal bank.
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Tagline: “Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai”
Benedetto Vigna was appointed as the CEO of Ferrari
- Ferrari has named Benedetto Vigna as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He succeeded John Elkann. He currently serves as the President of STMicroelectronics’ Analog, MEMS and Sensor Group. He is a member of the company’s executive committee.
Ashish Saraf was appointed as the Vice-President and the Director of Thales India
- French multinational defence and aerospace firm Thales has appointed Ashish Saraf as the Vice-President and Director for Thales India. He succeeded Emmanuel de Roquefeuil.
- He will lead the company’s India business and will be responsible for its strategic growth in India across all of its markets, further strengthening local teams, collaborations and innovation.
Debbie Hewitt becomes the first Chairwoman of the England Football Association
- England’s Football Association named Debbie Hewitt as its first woman chair. She succeeded Greg Clarke.
- The England Football Association was formed in 1863 and had been working to become more inclusive. It had launched its ‘Pursuit of Progress’ initiative in 2018.
Auckland was named as the world’s most liveable city: Economist Intelligence Unit Report 2021
- According to the 2021 Economist Intelligence Unit’s report, New Zealand’s Auckland is the world’s most liveable city. Auckland took the top spot from Austria’s capital Vienna, which has fallen to twelfth place.
- The list was followed by Osaka (Japan), Adelaide (Australia), Wellington (New Zealand) and Tokyo (Japan).
Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Managing Director: Robin Bew
- Founded: 1946
National Award-winning Bengali director Buddhadeb Dasgupta passed away at 77
- Veteran Bengali filmmaker Buddhadeb Dasgupta passed away at the age of 77. He had won National Film Award for Best Feature Film five times in his career, including Bagh Bahadur (1989), Charachar (1993), Lal Darja (1997), Mondo Meyer Upakhyan (2002) and Kaalpurush (2008).
- He was also honoured with the Best Director Award for his films Uttara (2000) and Swapner Din (2005). He was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Spain International Film Festival in Madrid on 27 May 2008.
International boxer Dingko Singh Ngangom passed away at 42
- International boxer and Arjuna awardee Dingko Singh Ngangom hailing from Manipur, passed away at the age of 42. He won the gold medal at the 1998 Asian Games held in Bangkok. He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2013.
Daily CA June 10 One-liner:
|1. Assam Government declares Dihing Patkai as its 7th National Park|
|2. Union Minister Kiren Rijiju releases an e-Book on ‘20 Medicinal Plants for COVID-19 Care’|
|3. Gujarat launches ”e-Nirman” web portaland app to help unorganised sector workers to benefit from welfare schemes|
|4. Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa launches DBT mobile application for transfer of money|
|5. Union Minister Harsh Vardhan addresses the WHO High-Level Coalition on Health and Energy Platform of Action|
|6. Punjab becomes the first state in India to use NFC based eIDs|
|7. Rajasthan Government launches ‘CM Anuprati Coaching Scheme’ for underprivileged students|
|8. El Salvador becomes the first country in the world to adopt bitcoin as legal tender|
|9. Choguel Kokalla Maiga was named as the transitional Prime Minister of Mali|
|10. NITI Aayog recommends privatisation of the Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank|
|11. MR Kumar gets nine months extension as the Chairman of the LIC|
|12. RBI approves re-appointment of CS Ghosh as the MD & CEO of the Bandhan Bank for three years|
|13. Benedetto Vigna was appointed as the CEO of Ferrari|
|14. Ashish Saraf was appointed as the Vice-President and the Director of Thales India|
|15. Debbie Hewitt becomes the first Chairwoman of the England Football Association|
|16. Auckland was named as the world’s most liveable city: Economist Intelligence Unit Report 2021|
|17. National Award-winning Bengali director Buddhadeb Dasgupta passed away at 77|
|18. International boxer Dingko Singh Ngangom passed away at 42|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of June 10, 2021, now from the link given below.