DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 12, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 12, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Prime Minister Narendra Modi accepted Macron’s invite to attend outreach session of G7 Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi accepted an invitation to attend the session of the G7 Summit in Biarritz.
- The 45th summit of the G7 group of countries takes place from August 24 to August 26 in Biarritz, France.
- Lemoyne visited India and he is the first French ministerial trip to the country after the Narendra Modi government assumed office.
- Queries related to the comments of the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs of France Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne regarding the invitation extended to India.
About 45th G7 summit
- It is held on August 25–27, 2019, in Biarritz, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France.
- Host country: France
ICAT released India’s 1st BS VI Certificate in Two Wheeler Segment
- International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) released India’s first Type Approval Certificate (TAC) for Bharat Stage – VI (BS – VI) norms for the two-wheeler segment in New Delhi.
- The certificate released and handed over by Director ICAT, Dinesh Tyagi to top officials of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers). India’s first certification in the two-wheeler segment for the BS – VI. They are the latest emission norms as notified by the Government of India.
- It is the testing agency authorized by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways for providing testing and certification services to vehicle and the components vehicles in India.
I V Subba Rao continues as secretary to Vice President
- IV Subba Rao continues as secretary to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu as per an order issued by the Ministry of Personnel.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the continuation of Rao. He is a retired IAS officer He serves as secretary to the vice president on a contract basis
For Roll model to others, Canada to ban single use plastics from 2021
- Canada ban single-use plastics from the year 2021. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau planned to ban plastic bottles, straws and plastic bags clogging the world’s oceans.
- Canada to lead to fighting against plastic pollution as the country with the world’s longest coastline. Currently, 10 percent of plastics are recycled.
- A million birds and more than 100,000 marine mammals worldwide suffer injury or death through the food chain. Plastic Straws, plastic bags, cutlery, plates among the items.
- Capital: Ottawa
- Governor General: Julie Payette
- Prime Minister: Justin Trudeau
Tokayev sworn in as the President of Kazakhstan
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has sworn in as the President of Kazakhstan. He was the interim president and hand-picked successor of Nursultan Nazarbayev.
- He won the election, which was held on 9 June, with 70.96% of the vote which was contested against six government-approved candidates.
- Tokayev presidency aims to continue Nazarbayev’s policies aimed at improving the well-being of the people. He succeeded Nursultan Nazarbayev, who announced his resignation in March after 30 years in power.
- This is the first time Kazakhstan gets its new president since the collapse of the Soviet Union.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Imports from Pakistan to India has declined by 92 percent in March
- Imports from Pakistan to India has declined by 92% to $2.84 million in March 2019. This is after the imposition of 200% customs duties on all products following Pulwama terror attack. According to the data of the commerce ministry, the imports from Pakistan stood at $34.61 million in March 2018.
- Exports from India to Pakistan have also reduced by about 32% to over $171 million in March. Also, during January-March period, the first quarter of 2018-19 fiscal, the imports from Pakistan declined by 47 percent to $53.65 million.
- After the Pulwama terror attack, India had revoked the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to Pakistan.The MFN status was granted to Pakistan in 1996.
AGREEMENTS & MOU
PM Narendra Modi to meet Putin and Xi Jinping in sidelines to SCO summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping before the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit. The announcement was made by the Ministry of External Affairs.
SCO Summit 2019:
- The SCO summit is to be held on June 14 in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. It will be the first multilateral meeting of Prime Minister Narendra Modi after his re-election in the Lok Sabha election.
V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust Inks MoU With Central Warehousing Corporation
- The V.O. Chidambaranar Port Trust, Tuticorin and Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) have signed an MoU for facilitating Direct Port Entry (DPE) of e-sealed factory stuffed export container to the port under ‘Ease of Doing Business’.
- With this MoU, Central Warehousing Corporation would make use of the 18,357 sqm area earmarked in the Truck Parking Terminal located opposite to Fisheries College, Tuticorin for operating and managing the DPE facility for 30 years on Annual Lease Rental basis.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
BJP MP Virendra Kumar to be pro-tem speaker of Lok Sabha
- Virendra Kumar, a seven-time MP from Tikamgarh in Madhya Pradesh chosen as the pro tem speaker of the 17th Lok Sabha.
- He was MoS in the ministry of women and child development He was also in the minority affairs ministry in the previous government.
- He is likely to be administered the oath of office at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on June 17, the day where newly elected Lok Sabha commences its first session.
- On the first two days, the new MPs will take the oath. The election for the speaker will be on June 19.
About Pro Term Speaker:
- After the general election and formation of a new government, a list of senior Lok Sabha members prepared by the Legislative Section is submitted to the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs. He who selects a pro tem speaker. The appointment should be approved by the President.
Mekathoti Sucharitha appointed as the Home Minister of Andhra Pradesh
- Sucharitha, A Dalit Women was inducted into the Congress by the late Dr Y S Rajashekara Reddy (YSR) spotted her during his historic ‘padayatra’ in 2003.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy appointed Mekathoti Sucharita as the state home minister.
- She is one among five ministers to be selected from SC community
About Andhra Pradesh
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy (YSR Congress Party)
- Governor: E. S. L. Narasimhan
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Amazon clinches top spot in the world’s most valuable brand ranking
- Amazon clinched the world’s most valuable brand in cloud computing, consumer tech and movie production. It is founded by the world’s richest man Jeff Bezos.
- According to the 2019 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands rankings, Amazon online retailer set its brand value quintuple in the past five years to reach $315.5billion.
- It is undertaken annually by advertising holding company WPP. The detailed study of Brand Z reveals firms financial data and draws on an extensive consumer survey to reach its conclusions.
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Services: Amazon.com, Amazon Alexa, Amazon Appstore, Amazon MusicAmazon PrimeAmazon Video
- Revenue: US$232.887 billion – 2018
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
MoSPI has proposed to set up a National Data Warehouse to leverage big data analytical tools
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) has proposed to set up a National Data Warehouse with an aim to leveraging big data analytical tools.
- This move is to further improve the quality of macro-economic aggregates. MoSPI also plans to introduce a legislative framework so that the National Statistical Commission (NSC) can function with independence and give holistic guidance for improving the national statistical system.
National Data Warehouse for macro-economic aggregate:
- The Ministry also proposed to establish a National Data Warehouse on Official Statistics. Here, the technology will be leveraged for using big data analytical tools for further improving the quality of macro-economic aggregates.
- MoSPI has been criticized in some sections for the quality of macro-economic data.
India debut flag in #WorldRaftingChampionship
- India is making debut in the adventurous game of Rafting. Former Prime Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports team played in World Rafting Championship which is taking place in Tuncelli.
- There are 20 teams from 20 countries are challenging for the title.
- President of Turkish Rafting Federation Fikret Yadimei expressed his excitement over hosting the World Rafting Championship. The championship commenced on June 8 and will conclude on June 13.
About International Rafting Federation
- It is the official umbrella International Sports Federation for national rafting organizations worldwide and administers all aspects of rafting sport worldwide.
China claims 4 gold medals at 2019 ITTF World Tour Hong Kong Open
- China claimed four gold medals at 2019 ITTF World Tour Hong Kong Open, Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Hong Kong.
- The event was held from 6 June to 9 June.
- Wang Yidi the women’s singles title by defeating second seed Mima Ito of Japan. She secured 4-0 scoreline (11-3, 11-7, 11-5, 11-6). This is her first international win.
- Chinese player Lin Gaoyuan defeated Tomokazu Harimoto of Japan and clinched the title. He secured 11-3, 7-11, 8-11, 11-6, 11-9, 11-7.
- The men’s doubles title was won by Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan. They defeated Jang Woo-jin and Lim Jong-hoon of South Korea and secured 6-11, 11-6, 12-10, 11-8.
- In the women’s doubles, Chinese pair Chen Ke and Mu Zi defeated Jeon Ji-hee and You Eun-chong of South Korea 9-11, 11-1, 11-4, 11-5.
Haryana, Maharashtra dominate third day of Youth men’s & women’s national boxing championship
- Haryana and Maharashtra participated in the third day of the 3rd Youth men’s and women’s national boxing championship in Rudrapur, Uttarakhand
- Four boxers from Maharashtra entered the quarterfinals.
- Ankit Narwal-led Haryana boxers reached the last-eight stage. Narwal, the 2018 Youth Asian Championship bronze winner in men’s 60kg category
- Haryana’s Akshay Kumar won the game in the same way.
- In the women’s category, Haryana’s Bharti and Poonam and Bharti registered a hard-fought 3-2 win over Ekta Saroj of Punjab in which went down to the wire, while Poonam got the better of Assamese boxer Kimpa Boro.
- Women’s boxing between Manipur’s Babyrojisana Chanu and Kerala’s Aishwarya Raj PT 51kg category.
International Day against Child Labour observed on June 12
- International Labour Organization (ILO) started to celebrate World Day against Child Labour in 2002.
- Aim: To focus attention on the global extent of child labour and the action and efforts needed to eliminate it.
- The 2019 theme is “Children shouldn’t work in fields, but on dreams!”
Former Puducherry Chief Minister Shri. R V Janakiraman passed away
- Former Puducherry Chief Minister between 1996 and 2000, a senior Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam leader R V Janakiraman, who headed the coalition government of DMK and the Tamil Maanila Congress died after a brief age-related illness.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL