Daily Current Affairs: March 6, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (March 6, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Sanjay Dhotre inaugurated “India Telecom 2021” a platform for the convergence of technologies and business exchange
- Minister for State for Communications, Education and Electronics & Information Technology, Sanjay Dhotre inaugurated “India Telecom 2021”. The event was organised by TEPC (Telecom Equipment Export Promotion Council).
- India Telecom 2021 is a platform for the convergence of technologies and business exchange. The government has announced the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) schemes for various sectors, including the telecom sector, to become a part of the global supply chain.
National Committee to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence headed by Prime Minister
- The Government has constituted a National Committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to commemorate 75 years of India’s Independence.
- The committee has 259 members and includes dignitaries and eminent citizens from all walks of life. It will provide policy direction and guidelines for the formulation of programs for the commemoration of the 75th anniversary of Indian Independence, at the national and international levels.
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh participated in 3-day Combined Commanders’ Conference at Kevadia, Gujarat
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh attended the three-day Combined Commanders’ Conference (CCC) along with top defence officials at Kevadia, Gujarat. Theaterisation of armed forces, self-reliance in defence sector, and evolving threats in the region will be the focus.
- Valedictory Session of Combined Commanders’ Conference was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- National Park: Blackbuck National Park, Vansda National Park, Gir Forest National Park, Marine National Park, Gulf of Kutch.
Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar announces four welfare schemes on Ravidas Jayanti
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced four public welfare schemes during a state-level programme organised on the occasion of the 644th birth anniversary of Guru Ravidas at his Chandigarh residence.
The four welfare schemes are:
- Mukhyamantri Antyodaya Parivar Utthan Yojana (one lakh poorest families of the state would be targeted), Dr. B R Ambedkar Awas Navinikarn Yojana (assistance of Rs 80,000 to repair house), legal aid to SC/ST increased to Rs. 21,000 and Sant Mahapurush Vichar Samman and Prasaar Yojana
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- National Parks (NP): Sultanpur NP, Kalesar NP
- Dance: Phag, Dhamal, Loor, Khoria.
Union Minister Harsh Vardhan launched CSIR’s Floriculture Mission
- Union Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan exhorted scientists of CSIR laboratories to develop the land available at each of its institutes across the country as a model under the ”CSIR Floriculture Mission”.
- The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research’s (CSIR) Floriculture Mission has been approved for implementation in 21 states and Union Territories wherein available knowledge base in CSIR institutes will be utilised and leveraged to help the farmers and industry re-position themselves to meet import requirements.
IMPCL started to sell products on Government e-Market (GeM) portal
- Indian Medicines Pharmaceutical Corporation Limited (IMPCL), the public sector manufacturing unit of the Ministry of AYUSH has received a shot in the arm in the matter of potential sales volumes for selling its products online.
- IMPCL is one of the most trusted manufacturers of Ayush medicines in the country and is known for the authenticity of its formulations. IMPCL is the only CPSE under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, and its prices are vetted and finalised by the Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) for their Ayurvedic & Unani Medicines.
World Bank plans USD 1 billion guarantee scheme for solar rooftop projects
- The World Bank plans to introduce a $ 100 million credit guarantee scheme to boost India’s rooftop solar programme in India for MSMEs. The scheme will allow micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to avail concessional debt financing for setting up rooftop solar units.
- The World Bank scheme, along with the State Bank of India (SBI) and the MSME ministry to accelerate the adoption of rooftop solar units, will help MSMEs access credit of around $ 1 billion.
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- President: David Malpass.
India and Nigeria hold first-ever strategic and counter-terrorism dialogue in New Delhi
- The National Security Adviser of Nigeria, Major General (Retd.) Babagana Monguno visited New Delhi for the First Strategic and Counter-Terrorism Dialogue between India and Nigeria at the level of NSA.
- Both countries enhance their fight against all forms of terrorism, reaffirming their firm belief that there can be no justification for terrorism in any form or manifestation. They also agreed to enhance their cooperation in the international arena and maintain regular contact in this area.
- Capital: Abuja
- Currency: Nigerian naira
- President: Muhammadu Buhari
India granted Rs. 44.17 million to build a new school building in Nepal
- India extended a grant of 17 million Nepali Rupees to Nepal to build a new building for Naharpur Secondary School at Butwal-11 in Rupandehi district under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri Development Partnership as part of India’s High Impact Community Development Project scheme programme.
- An MoU for the construction was signed by the Head of Development Partnership and Reconstruction Wing of the Embassy of India, Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration, and Butwal Sub-Metropolitan City, Rupandehi.
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese Rupee
- Prime Minister: KP Sharma Oli
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari.
Banking and Economy
NPCI partnered with SBI Payments to launch ‘RuPay SoftPoS’ for merchants
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has announced a partnership with SBI Payments to announce the launch of ‘RuPay SoftPoS’ for millions of Indian merchants.
- This innovative solution has the capability to transform near-field communication (NFC) enabled smartphones into merchant Point of Sale (PoS) terminals for the retailers.
- Merchants will now be able to accept contactless payments of up to 5000 through a simple tap and pay mechanism on their smartphones.
SBI-sponsored TGB and APGVB became the first RRBs to launch a video-KYC facility
- Telangana Grameena Bank (TGB) and Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank (APGVB) have launched digital savings account opening facility through Video – Know Your Customer (KYC).
- Both banks are sponsored by SBI will change the complexion of the rural economy. Both RRBs will be able to further increase their CASA portfolio.
Acquisitions and Mergers
Atal Innovation Mission Partnered with MathWorks to strengthen the Deep-tech startup ecosystem of India
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog partners with MathWorks – the developer of mathematical computing software for scientists and engineers to strengthen the Deep-tech startup ecosystem of India.
- The benefits are aimed at fostering innovation and accelerating product development at these early-stage companies.
Fourth Partner Energy ties up with Indonesia’s Indika Energy
- India’s leading solar solution firm Fourth Partner Energy announced a partnership with Indonesia’s Indika Energy to provide solar, battery storage, and EV solutions to the South East Asian
- The joint venture company Empat Mitra Indika Tenaga Surya (EMITS) is aimed at accelerating Indonesia’s renewable energy transition. Indika Energy will hold 51 percent and Fourth Partner Energy 49 percent stake in EMITS.
Science and Technology
DRDO successfully tested SFDR technology in a bid to develop long-range missiles
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested a flight demonstration based on Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology from the Integrated Test Range in Odisha’s Chandipur.
- The SFDR technology will help DRDO with the technological advantage to develop long-range air-to-air missiles (AAMs).
- The SFDR is a missile propulsion system being developed primarily by the Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) and Research Centre Imarat (RCI) in Hyderabad.
SpaceX successfully tested the Starship SN10 prototype rocket
- SpaceX successfully tested its Starship SN10 prototype rocket after two failed attempts. The rocket prototype was launched to an altitude of 10,000 kilometers and then landed back on the ground. However, the rocket exploded about six minutes after landing.
Agricultural economist Ashok Gulati appointed as additional Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Private sector lender Kotak Mahindra Bank appointed agricultural economist Ashok Gulati as an additional independent director on its board.
- Ashok Gulati is currently the Infosys Chair Professor for Agriculture at the Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER).
- He has served as the Chairman of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP) and member of the RBI’s Central Board of Directors and at the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
Books and Authors
A Book titled “Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Power: 5 Battlegrounds” authored by Rajiv Malhotra
- A new book titled “Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Power: 5 Battlegrounds” was authored by Rajiv Malhotra, Author, a Physicist and Computer Scientist specialising in Artificial intelligence (AI) has authored. The book is published by Rupa Publications.
Madhya Pradesh topped in land record digitisation for the second year in a row; NCAER’s Land Records and Services Index 2020-21
- According to NCAER (National Council of Applied Economic Research), Land Record and Services Index (N-LRSI) 2021, Madhya Pradesh retained the top spot for the second year in a row. The list was followed by West Bengal, Odisha, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu.
- NLRSI 2020-21 says that 29 out of 32 states and Union Territories showed a gradual improvement in their efforts to digitise land records compared to the previous year.
Indian Women’s trap team won a silver medal at ISSF Shotgun World Cup
- India’s women’s Trap team trio of Kirti Gupta, Manisha Keer, and Rajeshwari Kumari won a silver medal on the concluding day of the year’s first International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup Shotgun stage, in Cairo, Egypt.
International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF):
- Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- President: Vladimir Lisin
- Founded: 1907.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of March 6, 2021, now from the link given below.