DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: March 7, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (March 7, 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
March 7: Jan Aushadhi Diwas
- Jan Aushadi Diwas is to be celebrated. The day is being celebrated to commemorate the achievements of Pradhan Mantri Bharatiya Janaushadi Pari yojana.
- PM Modi is to interact with seven Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Pariyojana Kendras as a part of celebration of the day.
Chapchar Kut: The biggest and most joyful festival of Mizos begins
- In Mizoram, the biggest and most joyful festival of Mizos, Chapchar Kut is being celebrated across the state on 6 March.
- It is also regarded as the most popular spring festival for the people of the state.
- Mizoram Chief Minister- Zoramthanga.
Workshop-cum-Awareness Programme on Skill Development for Unorganized Workers concludes at Kulgam
- A 2-day Workshop-cum-Awareness Programme on the Skill Development for Unorganized Workers under Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Scheme concluded at Kulgam, Jammu & Kashmir.
- The programme was organized by the District Employment & Counseling Centre, Kulgam.
- The monthly contribution to the scheme is 55 to 200 Rupees.
CCI organises 5th edition of National Conference on Economics of Competition Law
- Competition Commission of India organised the 5th National Conference on Economics of Competition Law in New Delhi.
- The Conference, in addition to the Inaugural Session, included two technical sessions where researchers presented papers on economic issues.
- Ashok Kumar Gupta is the current Chairperson of the CCI.
New Delhi hosts India Smart Utility Week 2020 (ISUW)
- New Delhi based Smart Grid Forum (ISGF) has been organizing India Smart Utility Week 2020 (ISUW) as an International Conference and Exhibition on Smart Energy and Water for Smarter Cities India in New Delhi.
- India and European Union (EU) called upon the Integrated Local Energy System, in which they will jointly work upon clean energy.
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana signs MoU with Amazon to e-market
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission signed a MoU with Amazon for e marketing of products made by SHGs across the country in urban areas. MoU aims to strengthen the mission of creating sustainable livelihoods in urban areas.
- DAY-NULM is under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
Pragyan Conclave 2020: Indian Army’s International Seminar Crystal Gazes On The ‘New Age’ Warfare:
- “Pragyan Conclave 2020”, a two-day Indian Army International Seminar was organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS) at New Delhi.
- The event brings together cross-domain national and international experts to deliberate on the complex subject of ‘Changing Characteristics of Land Warfare and its Impact on the Military’.
Google to now launching Delhi cloud region After Mumbai:
- Google will open a Delhi cloud region making it as the company’s 2nd cloud region in India since the launch of the Mumbai region in 2017.
- Google’s existing network has 8 cloud regions in Asia-Pacific & 22 regions globally. It will also open data centers.
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founded: 4 September 1998.
- Headquarters of Google: California, United States.
Finland tops Freedom in the World 2020; India ranked 83rd among least free democracies:
- According to the ‘Freedom in the World 2020” report, which analyzes democratic values and people’s freedom in 195 countries & 15 territories, released by the Freedom House, a U.S (United States) -based watchdog that conducts research and advocacy on democracy.
- India has ranked 83rd in the report along with Timor-Leste and Senegal in ‘Free’category.
- Finland topped the list as the free democratic country.
TIME Magazine has named Indira Gandhi & Amrit Kaur – “100 women of the year” Project
- TIME Magazine created 100 New Covers for the Project ‘100 women of the year’ to recognize selected women or groups to represent each year from 1920 to 2019.
- India’s Freedom Fighter Amrit Kaur will be honored as ‘Women of the Year’ for 1947 & Former prime minister Indira Gandhi for 1976.
BRAC retains its position as the top NGO of the world for the 5th consecutive year
- Bangladesh-based international development organization BRAC has retained its position as the top NGO of the world among 500 global NGOs.
- The rankings for 2020 were announced by the Geneva-based organization NGO Adviser which publishes the list annually.
- BRAC was founded by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed in 1972.
Banking and Finance
Cabinet approves Mega Consolidation in Public Sector Banks with effect from 1 April 2020
- 10 PSBs- Amalgamation of Oriental Bank of Commerce & United Bank of India into PNB, Amalgamation of Andhra Bank & Corporation Bank into Union Bank of India, Amalgamation of Allahabad Bank into Indian Bank, Amalgamation of Syndicate Bank into Canara Bank.
SEBI introduces mobile app ‘Sebi SCORES’ for investors to lodge grievances:
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) the regulator for the securities market in India, has introduced a mobile app called ‘Sebi SCORES (Sebi Complaints Redress System)’ through which, investors can register their grievances.
- On the SCORES platform, investors can complain online with SEBI against listed companies, registered intermediaries and market infrastructure institutions.
Bimal Julka sworn in as Chief Information Commissioner of Central Information Commission:
- Bimal Julka was sworn in as the new Chief Information Commissioner of the Central Information Commission. President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office. Number of Information Commissioners has fallen to 5 as against a sanctioned strength of 11.
- Bimal Julka will succeed Sudhir Bhargava.
Puma signs Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor Khan as the new brand ambassador:
- German sportswear brand Puma said it has signed Bollywood actor Kareena Kapoor Khan as its new brand ambassador.
- Kareena joins the brand’s roaster of dynamic women personalities like Adriana Lima, Selena Gomez, Cara Delevingne, Sara Ali Khan, MC Mary Kom, and Dutee Chand.
SBI Life re-appoints Sanjeev Nautiyal as MD & CEO
Reappointment is subject to the approval of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and members of the company.
SBI Life Insurance said it has re-appointed Sanjeev Nautiyal as managing director and chief executive officer of the company.
Tamilnadu Politician and DMK General Secretary K Anbazhagan Dies At 97 In Chennai:
- Mr Anbazhagan was the General Secretary of DMK nine times from 1977.
- He was a nine-time MLA, one-time Lok Sabha member and former finance minister of Tamil Nadu and a close friend of former Chief Minister M Karunanidhi.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of March 5, 2020, now from the link given below. (It took topper to score 15/15 in 7 & 8 minutes 18 seconds, beat that if you can).
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.