Daily Current Affairs: November 26, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (November 26, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Constitution Day (India) – 26 November
- Constitution Day or National Law Day is observed annually on 26 November to honour the adoption of India’s Constitution.
- The Indian Constitution was enacted by the Constituent Assembly on 26 November 1949 and it came into effect on 26 January 1950, which is known as Republic Day in India.
- This year (2021) marks the 72nd anniversary of the adoption of the Indian Constitution.
National Milk Day – 26 November
- National Milk Day is observed on 26 November to commemorate the birth anniversary of the ‘Father of the White Revolution’ Verghese Kurien.
- Verghese Kurien’s birth anniversary has been celebrated as National Milk Day in India every year since 2014.
- Verghese Kurien was also known as the Milkman of India.
India was elected to the United Nations World Heritage Committee for 2021–25
- India was elected to the United Nations World Heritage Committee for a four-year term from 2021 to 2025.
- This is India’s fourth term in the World Heritage Committee.
- The World Heritage Committee meets once a year and consists of representatives from 21 of the States Parties to the Convention elected by their General Assembly.
Union Ministry of Labour releases the new series of Wage Rate Index (WRI) with 2016 as the base year
- Union Labour Ministry has released the new series of Wage Rate Index (WRI) with base year 2016=100, which will replace the old series with a base of 1963–65 =100.
- The government periodically revises the base year for major economic indicators to reflect the changes in the economy and to capture the wage pattern of workers.
- This new series of WRI has increased the scope and coverage in terms of the number of industries, sample size, occupations under selected industries and weightage of industries.
- Totally 16 new manufacturing industries have been added to the new series of WRI baskets, including synthetic textiles, textile garments, printing and publishing, footwear, petroleum, chemical & gases, fertilisers and drugs & medicines, among others.
The first-ever Airbus A340 passenger plane lands on an ice runway in Antarctica
- An Airbus A340 passenger plane weighing 190 tons became the first-ever to land in the continent of Antarctica on a runway made out of ice.
- This A340 flight will be used to fly a small number of tourists and scientists to Antarctica along with essential cargo.
- The flight was operated by an aircraft leasing company caller Hi-Fly from Lisbon in Portugal.
- The first recorded flight to Antarctica was a Lockheed Vega 1 monoplane in 1928, piloted by Australian military pilot and explorer George Hubert Wilkins.
Banking & Economy
Asian Development Bank (ADB) approves a $1.5 billion loan to India for COVID-19 vaccine procurement
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $1.5 billion (around ₹11,185 crores) loan to India for COVID-19 vaccine procurement.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is also expected to co-finance this project with another $500 million.
- These funds will support India’s National Deployment and Vaccination Plan, which aims to fully vaccinate 94.47 crore people aged 18 years and above, accounting for 68.9 per cent of the population.
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Founded: 19 December 1966
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
ESAF Small Finance Bank launches electric vehicle loan scheme ‘ESAF Go Green’
- ESAF Small Finance Bank Limited has launched the electric vehicle loan scheme ‘ESAF Go Green’.
- ESAF Go Green loans support the social business strategy of ESAF Small Finance Bank, which aims for a triple bottom line impact –people, planet and prosperity.
- These products will assist clients in discovering environmental friendly electric vehicles at reasonable interest rates, no foreclosure fees, minimum processing fees and no paperwork fees.
ESAF Small Finance Bank
Moody’s projects India’s GDP growth at 9.3% for FY22
- The US-based Moody’s Investor Services has projected India’s GDP forecast at 3% for the fiscal year 2021–22 (FY22).
- Moody’s Investor Services has also projected 9% for the fiscal year 2022–23 (FY23).
- Headquarters: New York, United States (US)
- Founded: 1909
Ahmed Nasser Al-Raisi was elected as the new President of Interpol
- The Interpol General Assembly has elected Ahmed Nasser Al-Raisi of the United Arab Emirates as the International Criminal Police Organization’s new President for a four-year term.
- He is an Inspector-General at the United Arab Emirates’ interior ministry.
- Headquarters: Lyon, France
- Member Countries: 194
Praveen Sinha was elected as the Asian delegate to Interpol’s executive panel
- Central Bureau of Investigation’s (CBI) Special Director Praveen Sinha was elected as the delegate for Asia in the executive committee of the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol).
- The elections were held in Istanbul during the ongoing 89th Interpol General Assembly.
- Headquarters: Lyon, France
- Member Countries: 194
- President: Ahmed Naseer Al-Raisi
Ranks and Indices
‘NFT’ was revealed as Collins Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2021
- ‘NFT’, an abbreviation of the word ‘non-fungible token’, was revealed as Collins Dictionary Word of the Year 2021.
- Collins Dictionary defines NFT as a unique digital certificate, registered in a blockchain, that is used to record the ownership of an asset such as an artwork or a collectible.
- ‘Climate Strike’ and ‘Lockdown’ were named Collins Dictionary’s words of the year for 2019 and 2020, respectively.
Awards and Recognitions
Kamdhenu Hitkari Manch of Himachal Pradesh was awarded the ‘Gopal Ratna’ Award 2021
- Kamdhenu Hitkari Manch, Namhol in the Bilaspur district of Himachal Pradesh was selected as the ‘Best Milk Cooperative Society’ and awarded the ‘Gopal Ratna’ Award 2021 by the Union Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying on the occasion of National Milk Day 2021.
- Capital: Shimla (Summer), Dharamshala (Winter)
- Chief Minister: Jai Ram Thakur
- Governor: Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar
- National Parks: Inderkila National Park, Simbalbara National Park, Great Himalayan National Park, Pin Valley National Park, Khirganga National Park
Agreements and MoUs signed
Yes Bank partners with Amazon Pay and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer UPI services
- Yes Bank has collaborated with Amazon Pay and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer customers an instant payment system through Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
- This collaboration allows Amazon Pay to issue UPI IDs with the @yapl handle, enabling customers to make secure, fast and convenient payments.
- CEO: Prashant Kumar
- Founder: Rana Kapoor
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Tagline: “Experience our Expertise”
Indian Navy commissions indigenously built fourth Scorpene-class submarine INS Vela in Mumbai
- The Indian Navy commissioned the Scorpene-class submarine, INS Vela, at the naval dockyard in Mumbai in the presence of Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh.
- It is the fourth Scorpene-class submarine to be commissioned under Project-75.
- This submarine was built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited in collaboration with M/s Naval Group of France.
- INS Vela is capable of offensive operations that span across the entire spectrum of maritime warfare.
Science & Technology
India’s first private cryogenic rocket engine was test-fired by Skyroot Aerospace
- Skyroot Aerospace from India has successfully managed to test India’s first private cryogenic rocket engine called ‘Dhawan-I’, which runs on two propellants – Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) and Liquid Oxygen (LoX).
- The test was carried out for 20 seconds.
- This project to develop India’s first private cryogenic engine kicked off in September 2020.
IIT Varanasi researchers develop India’s first device for on-site production of ultrapure hydrogen
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Varanasi researchers have developed a first-of-its-kind device in India for the on-site production of ultra-pure Hydrogen.
- This device uses membrane technology to produce ultra-pure hydrogen from methanol on-site. It produces hydrogen, which is fed into a fuel cell to generate energy (electricity).
- Furthermore, the generated electricity can be used for electric vehicle charging, powering mobile towers and generating hydrogen for hydrogen-powered vehicles at gas stations.
- This is a major development in India’s sustainable development goals, according to the team, at a time when India has committed to zero net emissions by 2070 at the COP26 Climate Summit, because the device is 100 per cent indigenous, with every component made in IIT (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi facilities.
Daily CA- 26 November One-Liners
|Constitution Day (India) – 26 November|
|National Milk Day – 26 November|
|India was elected to the United Nations World Heritage Committee for 2021–25|
|Union Ministry of Labour releases the new series of Wage Rate Index (WRI) with 2016 as the base year|
|The first-ever Airbus A340 passenger plane lands on an ice runway in Antarctica|
|Asian Development Bank (ADB) approves a $1.5 billion loan to India for COVID-19 vaccine procurement|
|ESAF Small Finance Bank launches electric vehicle loan scheme ‘ESAF Go Green’|
|Moody’s projects India’s GDP growth at 9.3% for FY22|
|Ahmed Nasser Al-Raisi was elected as the new President of Interpol|
|Praveen Sinha was elected as the Asian delegate to Interpol’s executive panel|
|‘NFT’ was revealed as Collins Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2021|
|Kamdhenu Hitkari Manch of Himachal Pradesh was awarded the ‘Gopal Ratna’ Award 2021|
|Yes Bank partners with Amazon Pay and Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer UPI services|
|Indian Navy commissions indigenously built fourth Scorpene-class submarine INS Vela in Mumbai|
|India’s first private cryogenic rocket engine was test-fired by Skyroot Aerospace|
|IIT Varanasi researchers develop India’s first device for on-site production of ultrapure hydrogen|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 26, 2021, now from the link given below.