Daily Current Affairs: November 28 & 29, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (November 28 & 29, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – November 28 & 29, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People – 29 November
- International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People is observed on 29 November every year to mark the adoption of the United Nations resolution to partition Palestine into two states.
- This day is observed since 1978 by the United Nations.
- The International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People allows people worldwide to express solidarity with the Palestinian people and raise awareness of the fact about the basic rights, such as the right to self-determination and independence.
Lok Sabha passes a Bill to repeal all three farm laws
- Lok Sabha passed the Farm Laws Repeal Bill, 2021, to repeal all the three farm laws which were introduced by the Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar.
- The repeal of these three laws has been one of the key demands of around 40 farmer unions protesting against these reforms.
Indian Railways constructs the world’s tallest pier bridge in Manipur
- Indian Railways’ North East Frontier Railway zone is constructing the world’s tallest pier bridge in Manipur.
- This bridge is being constructed across Ijai River and it will be the tallest pier with a height of 141 m, which will surpass the existing record of 139 m of Mala–Rijeka viaduct in Montenegro, Europe.
- This ambitious project in Manipur is a part of the 111 km long Jiribam–Imphal railway line to connect the capital of Manipur with the broad gauge network of India.
- The work of this bridge will be completed by December 2023.
- Capital: Imphal
- Chief Minister: Biren Singh
- Governor: Ganesan
Assam Chief minister launches the Assam Micro Finance Incentive and Relief Scheme 2021
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma launched the microfinance loan waiver scheme, the Assam Micro Finance Incentive and Relief Scheme 2021 at Tezpur in the Sonitpur district to incentive those making regular payments of microfinance loans.
- The Chief Minister inaugurated the first phase of the scheme for those borrowers who have been repaying regularly and distributed cheques of ₹25,000 to five women beneficiaries during the programme.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Raimona National Park and Dihing-Patkai National Park
Varanasi is set the first Indian city to start ropeway services in public transportation
- Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi will become the first Indian city to start ropeway service as a mode of public transport.
- The proposed ropeway will be constructed between Cantt Railway Station (Varanasi Junction) to Church Square (Godauliya) to ease the traffic congestion, which will reduce the journey between these two stations to only 15 minutes.
Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 was observed in Meghalaya
- The Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 was observed in Meghalaya. It was inaugurated by Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma in the presence of Japanese Ambassador Satoshi Suzuki.
- This festival is celebrated every year to mark the unique autumn flowering of the Himalayan cherry blossom in the hills of Meghalaya.
- Capital: Shillong
- Chief Minister: Conrad Sangma
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
Germany grants €1.2 billion for India to fight against climate change
- Germany announced a grant of €1.2 billion ( ₹10,025 crores) for India to combat climate change and support projects in relevant areas such as clean energy.
- This announcement was made amid the visit of a delegation from the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development.
- Capital: Berlin
- Currency: Euro
- President: Frank-Walter Steinmeier
- Chancellor: Angela Merkel
Banking & Economy
Paytm Payments Bank launches the ‘Paytm Transit Card’
- Paytm Payments Bank (PPBL) has launched the ‘Paytm Transit Card,’ which aims to provide millions of Indians with a single physical card for all of their daily needs including metro, railway, state-owned bus, toll and parking charges, as well as payments at offline merchant stores and online shopping.
- The first phase of the rollout is being launched in collaboration with the Hyderabad Metro Rail, Ahmedabad Metro and the Delhi Airport Express Line.
- This card linked to the Paytm wallet can be used for all of a user’s transactions including traveling by metro, bus or train, paying tolls and parking fees, making purchases in both offline and online retailers and withdrawing cash from ATMs.
Paytm Payments Bank
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- MD & CEO: Satish Kumar Gupta
- Chairman: Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Vivek Johri was appointed as Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
- Vivek Johri, an Indian Revenue Service officer from the 1985 batch, was appointed as the Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- He succeeded Ajit Kumar.
- Vivek Johri is currently serving as a member of the CBIC.
Petr Fiala was appointed as the Prime Minister of Czech Republic
- Petr Fiala was appointed as the Prime Minister of Czech Republic by its President Milos Zeman.
- He replaced Andrej Babis.
- Capital: Prague
- Currency: Czech Koruna
- President: Milos Zeman
Harshwanti Bisht becomes the first woman President of the Indian Mountaineering Foundation
- A noted mountaineer Harshwanti Bisht from Uttarakhand became the first woman President of the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF).
- It is for the first time that a woman has been elected as the President of the IMF, which was founded in 1958.
- She has been honoured with the Arjuna award for her achievements in the field of mountaineering.
India, the Maldives and Sri Lanka concludes a two-day maritime exercise ‘Colombo Security Conclave (CSC) Focused Operation’
- India, the Maldives and Sri Lanka concluded a two-day maritime operation ‘Colombo Security Conclave (CSC) Focused Operation’ in the Indian Ocean region.
- The ‘CSC Focused Operation’was aimed at keeping the vital part of the Indian Ocean safe and secure for commercial shipping, international trade and conduct of legitimate maritime activities.
- This operation would help build understanding and interoperability between the lead maritime security agencies and facilitate the institution of measures to prevent transnational crimes in this region.
Viktor Axelson wins the Indonesia Open men’s singles title 2021
- Olympic gold medallist Viktor Axelson from Denmark won the Indonesia Open men’s singles title 2021 against Singapore’s Loh Kean Yew.
- Indonesia’s Marcus F. Guidon and Kevin S. Sukamujo won the doubles title after defeating Japan’s Takuro Hoki and Yugo Kobayashi.
Indian tennis player Ramkumar Ramanathan wins his maiden singles title on the ATP Challenger Tour in Manama
- Indian tennis player Ramkumar Ramanathan won his maiden ATP Challenger level singles title 2021 against Russian tennis player Evgeny Karlovskiy in the ATP 80 Manama event held in Manama, Bahrain.
- He has played in seven Challenger finals in all since he turned professional in 2009 in which he had lost six Challenger finals in his career before.
Williams Racing Formula 1 team founder Sir Frank Williams passed away
- Legendary Williams Racing Formula 1 team founder and former boss Sir Frank Williams passed away at the age of 79.
- He founded Willimas Racing Formula 1 team in 1977.
- The team won 16 world championships — nine constructors’ titles and seven drivers’ titles in the 1980s and 1990s and have 114 race victories in total.
National award-winning choreographer K. Sivasankar passed away due to COVID-19
- National award -winning choreographer Sivasankar from Tamil Nadu passed away due to COVID-19 related complications at the age of 72.
- He won the National Award for Best Choreography for his work in the film Magadheera.
Eminent Assamese poet Sananta Tanty passed away
- Sahitya Akademi award -winning Assamese poet Sananta Tanty passed away at the age of 69.
- He received the Sahitya Akademi award in 2016 for a collection of his poems in Assamese, ‘Kailoir Dinto Amar Hobo’ (Tomorrow Will Be Ours).
Daily CA- 28 & 29 November One Liners
|International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People – 29 November|
|Lok Sabha passes a Bill to repeal all three farm laws|
|Indian Railways constructs the world’s tallest pier bridge in Manipur|
|Assam Chief minister launches the Assam Micro Finance Incentive and Relief Scheme 2021|
|Varanasi is set the first Indian city to start ropeway services in public transportation|
|Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 was observed in Meghalaya|
|Germany grants €1.2 billion for India to fight against climate change|
|Paytm Payments Bank launches the ‘Paytm Transit Card’|
|Vivek Johri was appointed as Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs|
|Petr Fiala was appointed as the Prime Minister of Czech Republic|
|Harshwanti Bisht becomes the first woman President of the Indian Mountaineering Foundation|
|India, the Maldives and Sri Lanka concludes a two-day maritime exercise ‘Colombo Security Conclave (CSC) Focused Operation’|
|Viktor Axelson wins the Indonesia Open men’s singles title 2021|
|Indian tennis player Ramkumar Ramanathan wins his maiden singles title on the ATP Challenger Tour in Manama|
|Williams Racing Formula 1 team founder Sir Frank Williams passed away|
|National award-winning choreographer K. Sivasankar passed away due to COVID-19|
|Eminent Assamese poet Sananta Tanty passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 28 & 29, 2021, now from the link given below.