DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : November 5&6, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (November 5 & 6, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
M Venkaiah Naidu releases monograph of ‘Musical Excellence of Mridangam’ in Chennai
- Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that science has the responsibility to add values to ancient musical traditions like Mridangam and to preserve and protect the nation’s cultural heritage. He released the monograph, the Musical Excellence of Mridangam, in Chennai.
- Mr Naidu said, Mridangam is an instrument made with ordinary and locally available materials, but exhibits enormous musical beauty. He stressed the importance of having a strong collaboration between music and science.
Shripad Naik inaugurates DRDO’s Igniter Complex at HEMRL, Pune
- Shripad Naik inaugurated the Defence Research &Development Organisation (DRDO) Igniter Complex at High Energy MaterialsResearch Laboratory (HEMRL) in Pune.
- Ignition is a crucial and highly critical phenomenon in the ignition chain of Rocket motor. HEMRL has developed various fuel /oxidizer based ignite compositions using organic binders.
- The laboratory has developed several ignition systems to ensure reliable initiation of rocket motors of various tacticalas well as strategic missiles. Ignition system for Agni, Prithvi, Akash, Nag, Pinaka, Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM), etc. have been designed and developed in HEMRL.
PM Modi holds talks with PMs of Australia, Vietnam; focuses on maritime cooperation
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held separate bilateral meetings with his Australian and Vietnamese counterparts with a focus on boosting counter-terror cooperation and forging deeper maritime ties in the Indo-Pacific region.
- The talks took place on the sidelines of the East Asia Summit. On Modi’s meeting with Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, the external affairs ministry said the two sides reiterated their desire to promote peace, security and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region and emphasised on the need to maintain a rules-based order that is based on respect for international law.
- “This will promote independence of navigation, overflight and rules-based trade in the South China Sea.
Nepal’s President appoints new governors in all seven province
- Nepal’s President Bidya Devi Bhandari has appointed new governors in all seven provinces of the country.
- Somnath Adhikari ‘Pyasi’ will be the new governor of Province 1, Tilak Pariyar for Province 2, Bishnu Prasad Prasai for Province 3, Amik Sherchan for Gandaki Province, Dharmanath Yadav for Province 5, Govinda Kalauni for Karnali Province and Sharmila Kumari Panta for Sudur Paschim Province.
China’s National Medical Products Administration has approved the market launch of the drug, GV-971
- A home-grown drug in China for Alzheimer’s, which could treat the ailment in 17 years, will be available to Chinese patients.
- China’s National Medical Products Administration has approved the market launch of the drug, GV-971, which could treat the ailment in 17 years Patients will be able to buy the drug around China from December 29
IPS Officer Aditya Mishra Appointed Chairman of Land Ports Authority of India
- Senior IPS officer Aditya Mishra was appointed as the chairman of the Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI), according to an order issued by the personnel ministry.
- Mishra is a 1989 batch IPS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Mishra as the chairman of the LPAI on the recommendations of a search-cum-selection panel, the order said.
- Mishra has been appointed for a period of five years from the date of assumption of the charge
Piyush Goyal to attend Rising Himachal Global Investors’ Meet 2019
- Commerce and Industry and Railway Minister, Piyush Goyal will attend the Rising Himachal Global Investors’ Meet 2019 and inform about the investment and policies of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry for promoting investment in Himachal Pradesh and the hill states of India.
- This event will showcase the policy and regulatory environment, investment opportunities in eight focus sectors to boost manufacturing and employment generation in the State
- The eight focus sectors are agri-business and post-harvest technology, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals, tourism and hospitality, civil aviation, hydro and renewable energy, wellness, healthcare and AYUSH, housing and urban development, IT-ITeS and electronics, education and skill development.
IFFCO introduces India’s first nanotechnology-based products for on-field trials
- The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO), world’s largest fertiliser cooperative, announced the introduction of its nanotechnology-based product range by introducing Nano Nitrogen, Nano Zinc, Nano Copper for on-field trials at an event held at its Kalol unit in Gujarat.
- These products have been researched and developed indigenously at the IFFCO Nano Biotechnology Research Centre (NBRC), an advanced research and development centre based at Kalol Unit.
India Decided To Not To join RCEP agreement
- India has decided to not join the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement with China and other Asean countries over imbalance in the agreement that was reached.
- RCEP agreement with China and Asean countries does not reflect “its original intent” and the outcome is “not fair or balanced”.
- PM Modi said, India stands for greater regional integration as well as for freer trade and adherence to a rule-based international order. India has been pro-actively, constructively and meaningfully engaged in the RCEP negotiations since inception. India has worked for the cherished objective of striking balance, in the spirit of give and take.”
Union Minister for Rural Development Shri Narendra Singh Tomar releases ‘Wastelands Atlas’ – 2019
- Realizing the importance of availability of reliable database on the wastelands of the country, the Union Minister for Rural Development, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare & Panchayati Raj, Narendra Singh Tomar released the Wastelands Atlas – 2019.
- The Department of Land Resources in collaboration with National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Department of Space has published Wastelands Atlases of India – 2000, 2005, 2010 & 2011 editions.
- This Wastelands Atlas-2019 provides district and state wise distribution of different categories of wastelands area including mapping of about 12.08 Mha hitherto unmapped area of Jammu & Kashmir. The changes in wastelands between 2008-09 and 2015-16 have been presented in the Atlas.
Coimbatore Railway Station Becomes Visually-Impaired Friendly With Braille Boards, Handrails & More
- Coimbatore Railway Station has now become visually-challenged friendly. It became the fourth station to have such a facility after Mysuru, Bengaluru, and Borivali station in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The railway station has installed Braille information boards and Braille-embossed handrails on 1 November 2019.
- This initiative in the Coimbatore Railway Station is made by Anuprayas, a Bengaluru-based NGO. Anuprayas helped Chandigarh railway station to become North India’s first visually-impaired friendly station.
World Tsunami Awareness Day 5 November
- The World Tsunami Awareness Day was observed across the world on 5 November.
- The day is celebrated to spread awareness among people across the world in matters related to the dangers of tsunami. In December 2015, the UN General Assembly designated 5 November as World Tsunami Awareness Day.
- In 2019, World Tsunami Awareness Day promotes Target of the “Sendai Seven Campaign,” which focuses on reducing disaster damage to critical infrastructure and disruption of basic services.
Industrialist and son of Modinagar’s founder, K K Modi passes away
- The scion of one of the oldest business families in the country – the Modi family – and the eldest son of late Rai Bahadur Gujarmal Modi (founder of the city of Modinagar), Krishan Kumar Modi passed away.
- K K Modi served as the chairman of Modi Enterprises, which includes companies like Godfrey Phillips, Indofil Industries and Modicare. Modi Enterprises has interests in education, agriculture, tea and beverages among others. Modi was also a former president of FICCI. Modi led FICCI in 1997 and was also the president of Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry from 2002 to 2006.
China Open: PV Sindhu loses to Pai Yu Po in women’s singles
- In Badminton, World Champion P.V. Sindhu suffered a shock defeat to lower-ranked Pai Yu Po of Chinese Taipei in the women’s singles opening round of China Open in Fuzhou
- World No.6 Sindhu, who made early exits in China, Korea and Denmark, lost 13-21, 21-18 19-21 to world No.42 Pai.
Deepak Kumar secures India’s 10th Olympic quota in shooting
- Deepak Kumar secured India’s 10th Olympic quota in shooting while Manu Bhaker claimed the women’s 10 metres air pistol gold medal in the 14th Asian Championship in Doha.
- Deepak won a bronze medal in men’s 10 metres air rifle on the opening day of the championship. Deepak shot 227.8 in the eight-man final to finish third on the podium and add to India’s quotas for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Virat Kohli’s record broken, Shubman Gill creates history
- Shubman Gill, 20-year-old, has become the youngest player to captain India-C team in the final of the Deodhar Trophy. He went past the 10-year-old record of Indian team captain Virat Kohli to become the youngest captain of Deodhar Trophy.
- Shubman Gill was 20 years and 57 days old during the final match. Virat Kohli captained the North Zone in 2009-10 when he was 21 years and 124 days old.
How to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz in Exam Format? Follow the below-given steps.
>> Click the Below link
Download TNPSC Group II Test Schedule (Race Institute & Bankersdaily) : http://bit.ly/RaceTNPSCGroup2
Download Bankersdaily Android App: http://bit.ly/2S83yQR
TNPSC Group II & Group II A New Syllabus : http://bankersdaily.in/tnpsc-group-2-group-2-a-merged-2019-new-syllabus-released/
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.