Daily Current Affairs: October 1, 2021
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
Daily Current Affairs: October 1, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (October 1, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – October 1, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
SUBSCRIBE to Race Youtube Channel for CA QUIZ LIVE Sessions
Check: Previous – Daily Current Affairs – Banking Exam
International Day of Older Persons – 1 October
- International Day of Older Persons is observed on 1 October every year to spread awareness about the need for health provisions and social care for the elderly.
- Theme for 2021: ‘Digital Equity for All Ages’.
World Vegetarian Day – 1 October
- World Vegetarian Day is observed on 1 October annually to create awareness of the humanitarian benefits of a vegetarian diet and its ensuing health benefits.
Union Government extends the validity of motor vehicle documents till 31 October 2021
- The Union Government extended the validity of motor vehicle documents like driving licence, registration certificate and permits till 31 October 2021 from 30 September 2021 under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 and Central Motor Vehicle Rules of 1989 in view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Union Labour Minister Bhupender Yadav launches the DigiSaksham programme to enhance the employability of youth
- The Union Minister of Labour and Employment Bhupender Yadav launched a digital skills programme, DigiSaksham,with Microsoft India for enhancing the employment opportunities for youth from rural and semi-urban areas.
- Under the DigiSaksham initiative, there will be basically three types of training,namely Digital skills: self paced learning, VILT mode training (Virtual Instructor-led) and ILT mode training (Instructor-led).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches the second phase of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the second phase of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U 2.0)and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)to realise the aspiration to make all cities garbage-free and water secure.
- This will help contribute towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030.
- SBM-U 2.0 envisions to make all cities ‘garbage free’ and ensure grey and black water management in all cities other than those covered under AMRUT and aims to make all urban local bodies open defecation free.
- AMRUT 2.0 will adopt the principles of a circular economy and promote the conservation and rejuvenation of surface and groundwater bodies.
India and Australia agree to conclude a Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement by 2022
- India and Australia have agreed to conclude a Free Trade Agreement (FTA),which will conclude the negotiations on the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement (CECA)to liberalise and deepen bilateral trade in goods and services by the end of 2022.
Banking & Economy
International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) sets up a 10-member expert committee to develop sustainable finance hub
- The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) set up a 10-member expert committee headed by former Union Environment and Forest Secretary C. K. Mishra to suggest a framework to develop a world-class sustainable finance hub at IFSC.
- This panel would identify existing and emerging opportunities in sustainable finance for GIFT-IFSC to act as a gateway to meet India’s requirements and recommend a short, medium and long-term vision/road map on sustainable finance.
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approves a $356.67 million loan for the expansion of the Chennai Metro Rail System
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)approved a $356.67 million loan to the Indian Government to support the expansion of the Chennai Metro Rail System.
- This metro project,being implemented by the Chennai Metro Rail Limited, will include the construction of a new corridor from Chennai’s Lighthouse to Poonamallee Bypass as part of Phase 2 of the metro construction.
- With this loan, the AIIB has approved $6.7 billion for 28 projects in India so far.
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- MD &CEO: Jin Liqun
World Bank extends $150 million to Chennai’s Sustainable Urban Services Programme
- The World Bank approved $150 million to support the Government of Tamil Nadu’s Chennai City Partnership: Sustainable Urban Services Programme to help strengthen institutions, improve the financial health of service agencies and drive significant improvements in the quality of four key urban services,namely water supply and sewerage, mobility, health and solid waste management.
- Headquarters: Washington D. C., United States
- President: David Malpass
- Founded: 1944
Union Government keeps the interest rates of small savings schemes unchanged
- The Union Government kept the interest rates of small savings schemes unchanged for the third quarter of FY 2021.
|Name of the scheme||Interest rate|
|Public Provident Fund (PPF)||7.1%|
|Senior Citizen Saving Scheme (SCSS)||7.4%|
|National Savings Certificate (NSC)||6.8%|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)||7.6%|
|Kisan Vikas Patra (124 months )||6.9%|
|Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS)||6.6%|
Amish Mehta takes over as the MD & CEO of CRISIL
- CRISIL’s President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Amish Mehta will take over as the Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of CRISIL.
- He will replace Ashu Suyash.
B. C. Patnaik takes charge as the Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- B. C. Patnaik took charge as the Managing Director(MD) of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) in place of Mukesh Gupta.
- He will be serving as MD along with Mini Ipe.
- Prior to this appointment, he was the Secretary-General for the Council of Insurance Ombudsman (CIO).
Ranks and Indices
Mukesh Ambani tops the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021
- Reliance Industries Limited Chairman Mukesh Ambani continued to be the richest man for the tenth consecutive year,according to the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021.
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has become the 57th most valuable firm in the world according to the Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies 2021.
- Adani Chairman Gautam Adani has occupied the second spot in the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021.
Awards and Recognitions
IIM Kozhikode was awarded with the globally renowned EQUIS accreditation
- The Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM-K)was awarded the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)accreditation,which is awarded by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
- IIM Kozhikode joins the ‘Double Crown’ accreditation status with the acquisition of EQUIS accreditation.
Agreements and MoUs signed
NITI Aayog ties up with Amazon Web Services and Intel to accelerate digital innovation in India
- This studio will help showcase the application potential of technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT),blockchain,augmented reality, virtual realityand robotics for use in the public sector.
Books & Authors
Indra Nooyi releases her new book titled ‘My Life in Full: Work, Family and our Future’
- Former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi released her new book titled ‘My Life in Full: Work, Family and our Future’, which focuses on the importance that organisational support plays in working women’s lives.
- The publisher of this book is Hachette India.
Former Chief Secretary of Kerala C. P. Nair passed away
- Former Kerala Chief Secretary and writer Chellappan Parameswaran Nair passed away at the age of 81.
- He was a member of the Administrative Reforms Commission during 2016–21.
- He is the son of the renowned playwright and short story writer N. P. Chellappan Nair.
Daily CA- 1 October One liners
|World Vegetarian Day – 1 October|
|International Day of Older Persons – 1 October|
|Union Government extendsthe validityof motor vehicle documents till31 October 2021|
|Union Labour Minister BhupenderYadav launches the DigiSakshamprogramme to enhance the employability of youth|
|Prime Minister NarendraModi launchesthe second phase of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)|
|India and Australia agree to conclude a Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement by 2022|
|International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)setsup a10-member expert committee to develop sustainable finance hub|
|Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) approves a $356.67million loan for the expansionof the ChennaiMetro Rail System|
|World Bank extends$150 million to Chennai’s Sustainable Urban Services Programme|
|Union Government keeps the interest rates of small savings schemes unchanged|
|Amish Mehta takes over as the MD & CEO of CRISIL|
|B. C. Patnaik takes charge as the Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)|
|Mukesh Ambani tops the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021|
|IIM Kozhikode was awarded with the globally renowned EQUIS accreditation|
|NITI Aayog ties up with Amazon Web Services and Intel to accelerate digital innovation in India|
|Indra Nooyi releases her new book titled ‘My Life in Full: Work, Family and our Future’|
|Former Chief Secretary of Kerala C. P. Nair passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of October 1, 2021, now from the link given below.