Daily Current Affairs: October 26, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (October 26, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Vigilance Awareness Week – 26 October 2021 to 1 November 2021
- Vigilance Awareness Week is observed from 26 October 2021 to 1 November 2021 to encourage all stakeholders to collectively participate in the prevention and also the fight against corruption and to boost public awareness regarding the existence, causes and gravity and the threat posed by corruption.
- It is observed by the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- The vendors theme of Vigilance Awareness Week 2021: “Independent India @75: Self Reliance with Integrity”.
Disarmament Week – 24–30 October 2021
- Disarmament Week is observed from 24 to 30 October every year to promote awareness and understanding of the issues of disarmament in several countries, aimed to reduce the use of weapons, specifically nuclear weapons, to bring peace in the society.
- The observance of Disarmament Week was initiated by the United Nations and was first suggested in the final document of the UN General Assembly’s special session on disarmament in
Union Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari launches the knowledge application and platform named ‘CUNSULT’
- Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has launched the knowledge application and platform named ‘CUNSULT’, which focuses on innovation, entrepreneurship, science & technology, research and skill for knowledge transformation.
- This application is the first such global facility by which people who need information, advice, counsel and guidance can contact and call experts in multiple sectors on the go.
Union Government amends the Indian Telegraph Right of Way Rules 2021
- The Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021, were amended by the Union Government to incorporate provisions associated with nominal one-time compensation and uniform procedure for the establishment of overground telegraph line in the Indian Telegraph Right of Way Rules 2016, with a fixed cap of ₹1,000 per km.
- These amendments will ease Right-of-Way-related permission procedures for the establishment and augmentation of digital communications across India.
India and Sweden celebrate the eighth innovation day on 26 October
- India and Sweden celebrated the eighth innovation day with an online event themed ‘Accelerating India-Sweden’s Green Transition’, which was hosted by India Unlimited, the Embassy of India in Sweden, Sweden–India Business Council and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- In collaboration with the Embassy of India in Sweden and the Sweden–India Business Council, India Unlimited was created in 2013 to foster cross-cultural ties between India and Sweden.
- Capital: Stockholm
- Currency: Swedish Krona
- Prime Minister: Stefan Lofven
France launches a military communication satellite named ‘Syracuse 4A’
- France has successfully launched a military satellite, Syracuse 4A’, designed to permit all France’s armed forces across the world to communicate swiftly and securely.
- The Ariane 5 rocket carried the Syracuse 4A satellite and took off from Kourou in French Guiana, which is designed to resist military aggression from the ground and in space, as well as interference.
- Capital: Paris
- Currency: Euro
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Prime Minister: Jean Castex
Banking & Economy
India Post Payments Bank partners with HDFC Limited to offer home loans
- The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) and HDFC Limited have entered into a strategic partnership to provide home loans to almost 4.7 crore customers of the bank.
- This partnership intends to make HDFC Limited’s home loans more accessible to customers, particularly in underserved and unbanked areas and to promote affordable housing in the remotest locations of India.
Reserve Bank of India decides to allow foreign portfolio investors to invest in debt securities issued by REITs and InvITs
- The Reserve Bank of India has decided to allow foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) to invest in debt securities issued by real estate investment trusts (REITs) and infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs), which will give the new asset class with much-needed patient capital (long term capital) and liquidity.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has notified the Foreign Exchange Management (Debt Instruments) (First Amendment) Regulations, 2021.
- This amendment has been made in Schedule 1 of the Foreign Exchange Management (Debt Instruments) Regulation, 2019, whereby real estate investment trust (REITs) and infrastructure investment trust (InvITs) are included in the list of permissible securities that can be purchased by foreign portfolio investors (FPIs).
- This amendment would allow FPIs to invest in debt instruments issued by REITs and InvITs on a repatriation basis subjected to the terms and conditions specified by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and the Reserve Bank of India.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: K. Jain, M. D. Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao and T. Rabi Sankar
- Subsidiaries: Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Limited (BRBNMLS)
India and the United Kingdom begin thier first-ever tri-service exercise named ‘Konkan Shakti 2021’ in the Arabian Sea
- The first-ever tri-services joint exercise between India and the United Kingdom named ‘Konkan Shakti 2021’ had begun in the Arabian Sea.
- This exercise aims to derive mutual benefits from each other’s experiences and also showcase the continuing cooperation between India and the UK.
Books and Authors
Chidanand Rajghatta comes out with a new book titled ‘Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman’
- Chidanand Rajghatta authored a new book titled ‘Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman’ which is published by HarperCollins India and is set to be released on 28 October.
Max Verstappen wins the 2021 F1 United States Grand Prix
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen won the F1 United States Grand Prix 2021 and extended his Formula One world championship lead for 2021 to 12 points after defeating Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes.
- Charles Leclerc of Ferrari and Sergio Perez of Red Bull stood at the third and fourth spots.
Indian Premier League (IPL) added Ahmedabad and Lucknow as its new two teams for 2022
- Lucknow and Ahmedabad joined the Indian Premier League (IPL) as teams for 2022, after getting franchise rights from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
- RPSG Ventures Limited has bagged the ownership rights of the Lucknow franchise for ₹7090 crores, while private equity firm Irelia Company Pte Limited (CVC Capital Partners) has bought the Ahmedabad team for ₹5625 crores.
Viktor Axelson and Akane Yamaguchi clinch the 2021 Denmark Open
- Olympic badminton champion Viktor Axelsen clinched the 2021 Denmark Open in the men’s single event against Momota Kenta of Japan at the Odense Sports Park, Denmark.
- Akane Yamaguchi of Japan has won the women’s singles title in the 2021 Denmark Open against Se-young of South Korea.
Daily CA- 26 October One Liners
|Vigilance Awareness Week – 26 October 2021 to 1 November 2021|
|Disarmament Week – 24–30 October 2021|
|Union Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari launches the knowledge application and platform named ‘CUNSULT’|
|Union Government amends the Indian Telegraph Right of Way Rules 2021|
|India and Sweden celebrate the eighth innovation day on 26 October|
|France launches a military communication satellite named ‘Syracuse 4A’|
|India Post Payments Bank partners with HDFC Limited to offer home loans|
|Reserve Bank of India decides to allow foreign portfolio investors to invest in debt securities issued by REITs and InvITs|
|India and the United Kingdom begin thier first-ever tri-service exercise named ‘Konkan Shakti 2021’ in the Arabian Sea|
|Chidanand Rajghatta comes out with a new book titled ‘Kamala Harris: Phenomenal Woman’|
|Max Verstappen wins the 2021 F1 United States Grand Prix|
|Indian Premier League (IPL) added Ahmedabad and Lucknow as its new two teams for 2022|
|Viktor Axelson and Akane Yamaguchi clinch the 2021 Denmark Open|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of October 26, 2021, now from the link given below.