DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 19, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 19 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Government has set a target to increase the number of Janaushadhi Kendras to 10500 by the end of March 2025:
- Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri D V Sadananda Gowda has said that with a vision to provide quality medicines at an affordable rate for the common man especially the poor.
- Government has set a target to increase the number of Pradhan mantri Janaushadhi Kendras PMBJK to 10500 by March 2025. As on 15th September 2020 the number of stores has increased to 6606.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate Kosi Rail Mega Bridge in Bihar:
- Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu (Mega Bridge) of the Indian Railways to the nation through video-conference. The length of the rail bridge is 9 kilometres and has been constructed at the cost of Rs 516 crore.
- PM Modi also inaugurated 12 other Indian Railway projects in Bihar related to passenger facilities for the benefit of the state. The approximate cost of these projects is worth almost Rs 3,000 crore.
- Capital: Patna
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Governor: Fagu Chauhan
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airportopens India’s First And Exclusive Private Jet Terminal:
- Delhi international airport has opened an exclusive terminal for private airplanes. This is India’s first terminal for private jets to cater to the high and mighty rich population.
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated the terminal at Indira Gandhi International Airport has 57 parking bays and will allow movement of 150 private jet flights daily, over 50 passengers an hour.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Gujarat government launches Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana (MMUY) to Give Interest Free Loans To Women’s Groups:
- Chief Minister of Gujarat Vijay Rupani has launched a scheme named Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana (MMUY) that will provide interest-free loans to women’s groups in the state.
- Joint liability and earning group (JLEG) of women will be formed in the state. Each JLEG group will have 10 members. 50,000 such JLEGs will be formed in urban areas and 50,000 such groups will also be formed in rural areas.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- National Park: Blackbuck NP, Vansda NP, Gir Forest NP, Marine NP, Gulf of Kutch.
Government forms Expert Committee Headed by Rajesh Pant to probe reports of snooping by Chinese firm:
- Government of India formed an Expert Committee led by National Cyber Security Coordinator (NCSC) Rajesh Pant, India’s Chief Coordinator on Cyber Security to examine the reports of digital surveillance on Prominent Indian Nationals including President, Army Chief by Chinese firm Shenzhen Zhenhua Data Information Technology Company Ltd.
Maharashtra government approves accidental insurance scheme named after Shiv Sena founder Balasaheb Thackeray:
- Maharashtra has launched a new accidental insurance scheme in the state that will provide free treatment up to Rs 30,000 to any person injured in a road accident. Around 74 types of treatment that are needed in case of road accidents have been included in the scheme.
- The scheme has been named Balasaheb Thackeray Accidental Insurance Scheme to commemorate the founder of the Shiv Sena and father of the current Chief Minister of the state Uddhav Thackeray.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Israel, UAE, and Bahrain sign Abraham Accord:
- Abraham Accord is the first Arab-Israeli peace deal in 26 years. Egypt was the first Arab State to sign a peace deal with Israel in 1979. Jordon signed a peace pact in 1994. The agreement between Bahrain and Israel makes no mention of Palestinian land.
Banking and Economy:
Canara Bank launches i-Lead 2.0 Initiative to improve Customer services:
- Canara Bank has launched a Lead Management System (LMS) named as i-Lead 2.0(Inspiring Leads System version 2.0).
- Customers can use internet banking, mobile banking, call centre, SMS and missed call services to enquire and get services rendered to them. They can also use CANDI mobile app of Canara Bank.
KVGB launches special gold loan scheme “Vikas Laghu Suvarna” for pandemic:
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has launched a special gold loan scheme “Vikas Laghu Suvarna” with a reduced interest rate of 25%. The rate has been reduced considering the pandemic and also to provide easy and affordable credit to customers at a cheaper cost.
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB):
- Headquarters: Dharwad, Karnataka.
- Chairman: P Gopi Krishna
IDFC Mutual Fund launches ‘SIP in Fixed Income’ marketing campaign:
- IDFC Mutual Fund has began a brand new marketing campaign known as “SIP in Fixed Income (SIFI)” to make traders extra privy to the advantages of investing in fastened earnings merchandise by way of Systematic Investment Plans. According to the fund home, most individuals sometimes affiliate SIPs with fairness mutual fund investments.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Volvo Car India Partnered With HDFC Bank To Launch Volvo Car Financial Services:
- Volvo Car India has introduced Volvo Car Financial Services in collaboration with HDFC Bank to enable buyers to receive easy finance for a Volvo car of their choice. Loans can be availed for upto 7 years. There is also an option to finance insurance, extended warranty, service package and accessories.
Bandhan Bank appoints Kumar Ashish to head Emerging Entrepreneurs Business vertical:
- Kumar Ashish has been appointed as the head of Emerging Entrepreneurs Business (EEB). He is a former executive of ICICI Bank. Bandhan Bank has launched a new vertical named “Emerging Entrepreneurs Business (EEB)” to focus on small businesses.
- The vertical Emerging Entrepreneurs Business (EEB) will focus on microloans, micro home loans, micro bazaar loans, and micro-enterprise loans.
- Headquarters: Kolkata.
- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh.
- Tagline: “Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai”.
ICICI Bank to seek approval to appoint Sandeep Batra as whole-time director:
- ICICI Bank will resume seeking approval from RBI for the appointment of Sandeep Batra as a whole-time director (designated as Executive Director) of the Bank.
- The appointment should be for a period of five years or date of retirement, whichever is earlier, effective from September 17, 2020, or the date of approval from RBI, whichever is later.
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India):
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khyal Apka.
Awards and Recognitions:
Columbian journalist Jineth Bedoya Lima wins Golden Pen:
- The Golden Pen of Freedom annual press freedom award of the World Association of News Publishers has been awarded to Colombian journalist Jineth Bedoya Lima. Star Media Group Bhd (SMG) currently sits on the board of WEF. It is also a member of WEF’s Asia Chapter.
Indian Teenager Udit Singhal, named in UN’s 2020 list of Young Leaders for Sustainable Goals:
- An 18-year-old Indian boy Udit Singhal has been included by the United Nations (UN) in the 2020 Class of 17 Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Udit is the founder of Glass2Sand, a zero-waste ecosystem that addresses the growing menace of glass waste in Delhi.
Books and Authors:
A Promised Land”: First Volume of Former US President Barack Obama’s Memoir:
- The first volume of former President Barack Obama’s memoir is coming out November 17, two weeks after Election Day. It’s called “A Promised Land” and will cover his swift and historic rise to the White House and his first term in office. It will published by Penguin Random House.
- “Dreams from My Father” and “The Audacity of Hope” both of which have been cited as aiding his presidential run in 2008 and making him the country’s first Black president.
Former Mumbai cricketer Sachin Deshmukh passes away at 52:
- Former Mumbai cricketer Sachin Deshmukh, who played Cooch Behar Trophy and Ranji trophy, has passed away, after he developed coronavirus complications. The 52-year-old player was referred to as ‘Mini Gavaskar’ in local cricket.
Veteran Tamil Director Babu Sivan passes away at 54:
- Tamil filmmaker Babu Sivan has passed away in Chennai following multiple organ failure. Babu Sivan made his directorial debut in 2009 with the film Vettaikaaran starring Vijay and Anushka Shetty.
International Tennis Federation Renames Fed Cup as Billie Jean King Cup:
- International Tennis Federation (ITF) has renamed the Fed Cup, an annual team competition in women tennis, as the “Billie Jean King Cup”. Billie Jean King was a pioneer in women’s tennis who helped the United States win the inaugural event.
International Tennis Federation (ITF):
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom (UK).
- President: David Haggerty
- Chief Operating Officer (COO): Kelly Fairweather
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.