DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 20 & 21, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 20 & 21 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Coastal Clean-Up Day 2020- 19 September:
- The International Coastal Cleanup Day is traditionally held on the third Saturday in September 19. In 2020, the day is being held on 19 September. It was organised in Puri District to create awareness for clean beaches.
- Theme 2020: “Achieving a trash-free Coastline”.
World Alzheimer’s Day- September 21:
- World Alzheimer’s Day is observed on September 21 every year to raise awareness, educate about Alzheimer’s and Dementia. This day is celebrated to understand the importance of talking about dementia & demystify it.
- Theme 2020: “Let’s talk about dementia”.
International Day of Peace- September 21:
- World Peace Day is observed every year on September 21. A United Nations-designated day, it was first established in 1981. On this day, the world body encourages countries to observe the day by adhering to 24 hours of non-violence.
- Theme: “Shaping Peace Together”.
Ministry of AYUSH partners with Ministry Women and Child Development to control Malnutrition:
- A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between the Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Women and Child Development to control Malnutrition as a part of POSHAN Abhiyaan. The MoU will see some time-tested and scientifically proven AYUSH-based solutions being adopted for controlling malnutrition in the country.
Eight Indian Beaches recommended for “Blue Flag” International Eco-Label:
- Blue Flag certification is a globally recognized eco-label accorded by international agency ‘Foundation for Environment Education, Denmark’ based on 33 stringent criteria in 4 major heads. International Coastal Clean-Up Day is observed on 19th September.
Goa Government signs MOU with GIM to carry out vocational training for ITI trainers:
- Goa Minister for Industries, Trade and Commerce and Skill Development Vishwajit Rane said that Directorate of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Goa Institute of Management (GIM) to carry out vocational training for ITI trainers to enhance their skill set.
- Chief Minister:Pramod Sawant
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari (Additional Charge)
India to conduct Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV)Summit:
- Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit on 2nd October 2020 through video conferencing.
- The VAIBHAV Summit is a collaborative initiative by Science & Technology and Academic Organisations of India to enable deliberations on thought process, practices and R&D culture with a problem-solving approach for well-defined objectives.
Tamil Nadu becomes first state in India to launch ethical AI, blockchain, cybersecurity policies:
- Tamilnadu has become the first State in the country to launch Safe and Ethical Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain and Cybersecurity The policies were unveiled by Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami during the valedictory session of the 19th edition of Connect 2020.
- State Family Data Base (SFDB) and Block-Chain Backbone infrastructure will be established in the state for the implementation of these policies.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit.
- National Park: Mukurthi NP, Guindy NP,Gulf of Mannar Marine NP, Indira Gandhi (Annamalai) NP, Mudumalai NP.
India Extends $250 Million In Financial Support To Maldives To Overcome Impact Of Covid-19:
- India has provided financial assistance of 250mn dollars as budgetary support to the Maldives. The assistance is being routed through SBI, Male for which sovereign guarantee has been provided by Government of India. Soft loan has a tenor of 10 years & minimal interest rate.
- Capital: Male
- Currency: Maldivian Rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
53rd Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of ADB 2020 held virtually:
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) will hold the second stage of its 53rd annual meeting as a virtual event on September 17–18. ADB and the Government of the Republic of Korea have agreed not to proceed with a physical meeting in Incheon. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman represents India.
Banking and Economy:
HDFC Bank ranked as India’s most valued brand for 5th year in a row; BrandZ report:
- HDFC Bank was ranked as India’s top brand for the seventh consecutive year in a row in the 2020 BrandZ Top 75 Most Valuable Indian Brands It has a total brand value of more than $20.2 billion. LIC is ranked second while Tata Consulting Services has been ranked at no.3.
SBI starts “Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani” (Women Self-Reliance programme) in Assam:
- State Bank of India has launched a programme named “Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani” (meaning- Women Self-Reliance programme) in order to accelerate Self Help Group (SHG) finance in the Bank.
- The main objectives of “Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani” are to create a strong bonding with the SHG member.
Science and Technology:
Drug Controller Approves Commercial Launch Of Low Cost Covid Test “Feluda”:
- Drugs Controller General of India has approved the commercial launch of “Feluda”, the Tata CRISPR (Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats) COVID-19 test, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
IIIT-Bhubaneswar Students Make Ventilation Device “Swasner” To Ease Mild Breathing Issues Among COVID-19 Patients:
- IIIT Bhubaneswar students developed a new low-cost device to aid COVID-19 patients. They have designed a hyperbaric chamber, first of its kind ventilation device to ease breathing. ‘Swasner’, the device to let patients breathe more conveniently.
Simanchala Dash Appointed As Advisor To IMF Executive Director:
- Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the proposal to appoint Simanchala Dash as an advisor to Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF), in Washington. He has been appointed for a period of three years.
Former RAW chief Anil Dhasmana appointed as new chief of National Technical Research Organisation:
- Former Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW) chief Anil Dhasmana appointed as the new chief of National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO). He will take charge on Saturday and serve till 65 years of age. He will replace former Intelligence Bureau (IB) officer Satish Jha.
Former PM HD Deve Gowda Takes Oath as Rajya Sabha MP from Karnataka:
- Former Prime Minister of India, Shri H D Deve Gowda took oath as a member of the Rajya Sabha from Karnataka. The 87-year-old President of the Janata Dal (Secular) party was elected to the Rajya Sabha in June 2020.
Senior bureaucrat S Aparna to take charge as Department of Pharmaceuticals secretary:
- Senior bureaucrat S Aparna, an Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer of Gujarat cadre of 1988, has been appointed as Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP), under the Union ministry of chemicals and fertilizers. S Aparna is presently principal secretary to Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- In 2017, she was appointed to the post of ED, World Bank, representing the Constituency of India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
Retired IAS Officer Raghvendra Singh Appointed India’s Culture Secretary:
- Raghvendra Singh was appointed as the Culture Secretary in place of Anand Kumar, who has shifted as the secretary of the National Commission for Backward Classes. Singh, at present, is the CEO, Development of Museums & Cultural Spaces.
Awards and Recognitions:
Schitt’s Creek Wins All Major Comedy Awards At The 2020 Emmys:
- Schitt’s Creek set a new record for most wins in a single season for a comedy series, winning 7 Emmys in a row including the awards for Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Writing, and Directing. Succession & Watchmen, both from HBO, won 4 awards each.
Veteran BJP leader and Maharashtra legislator Sardar Tara Singh passes away at 82:
- BJP leader and former MLA from Mulund Sardar Tara Singh passed away due to prolonged illness. Singh developed & was associated with Education Trust & played a proactive role in promoting welfare works of several gurudwaras in Mumbai and Nanded.
Fashion Designer Sharbari Dutta passed away at 63:
- Eminent fashion designer Sharbari Dutta was found dead under mysterious circumstances at her Kolkata residence. She was 63. Her label became popular for a unique blend of ethnicity and modernity in fabric and vibrancy in colour.
Forrest Gump author Winston Groom dies aged 77:
- Writer Winston Groom, whose novel Forrest Gump was made into the hugely successful Oscar-winning 1994 film starring Tom Hanks, has died aged 77. The book, about the childlike optimism of a slow thinking but kind-hearted man, won six Oscars.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.