DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 11, 12 & 13, 2019
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 11, 12 & 13, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (September 11 , 12 & 13, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
- PM Modi launches mega farmers welfare schemes from Mathura in UP
The Prime Minister launched the National Animal Disease Control Programme (NADCP) for eradicating the Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis in the livestock from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
- He also started Swachhta Hi Seva Programme emphasising the need to put an end to single use of plastic.
- CAPITAL – Lucknow
- GOVERNOR – Anandi Ben Patel
- CHIEF MINISTER – Yogi Adityanath
India says its high time to collectively take decisive action against terror groups & their abettors
- India has said, it is time to collectively take decisive and firm action against terror groups and their abettors who threaten the fundamental human right to life.
- Making a statement at the United Nations Human Rights Council, UNHRC in Geneva, Secretary (East) in the Ministry of External Affairs Vijay Thakur Singh said, the world should call out those who are misusing the UNHRC platform for malicious political agendas under the garb of human rights.
- Ministry of External Affairs – Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Constituency – Rajya Sabha (Gujarat)
Abrogation of Article 370’ biggest achievement of Modi govt in first 100 days 2nd term: Jitendra Singh
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has said that abrogation of Article 370 is the biggest achievement of the Modi government in the first 100 days of it is the second term.
- Addressing media in Jammu, Mr. Singh said that it is the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir who know the importance and value of abrogation of the Article 370.
EAM S Jaishankar meets Singapore Deputy PM Heng Swee Keat
- The two leaders discussed new avenues of relationship through the opportunities provided by New India.
- Mr Jaishankar tweeted that he discussed refreshing the India-Singapore agenda by exploring opportunities provided by New India.
- capital – singapore city
- currency – singapore dollar
IAF resurrects 17 Squadron ‘Golden Arrows’ for Rafale
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) yesterday resurrected the Air Force Station Ambala-based 17 Squadron ‘Golden Arrows’, which will operate the first squadron of Rafale fighter jets in the near future.
- The resurrection ceremony was presided over by IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal B.S. Dhanoa. Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa presented a memento to Station Commander Group Captain Harkirat Singh to commemorate the occasion.
Emerging Asia will be driving world economic growth in next 20 years: Dharmendra Pradhan
- Addressing the opening session of the Eighth Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER8) in Abu Dhabi yesterday, Mr Pradhan stressed that the low income and low per capita energy consuming countries should have access to technology and capital when it comes to energy efficiency.
- The Minister said that a number of path-breaking policies and initiatives under the leadership of Prime Minister Modi have been taken during the last 5 years to realize energy justice for over 1.3 billion people in the country.
- Outlining the Energy Vision , Mr Pradhan said that this is based on four pillars of energy access, energy efficiency, energy sustainability and energy security.
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Steel – Dharmendra Pradhan
- Constituency – Rajya Sabha (Madhya Pradesh )
J&K: Advisor Farooq Khan inaugurates POSHAN Maah-2019
In Jammu and Kashmir, Advisor to Governor, Farooq Khan has called for making unified efforts to combat the menace of malnutrition in order to make the country healthy and prosperous.
- Addressing an inaugural event of POSHAN Maah-2019 as part of Jan Andolan under POSHAN Abhiyaan in Jammu, Farooq Khan said that it is very unfortunate that even after 70 years of independence, children are malnourished.
Bangladesh govt cuts mobile internet access in Rohingya camp
- Government of Bangladesh yesterday ordered telecom operators to stop 3G, 4G and LTE networks in the Rohingya camp areas in the Teknaf and Ukhia of Cox’s Bazar.
- The secretary general of the Association of Mobile Telecom Operators of Bangladesh S.M. Farhad said that only 2G services will remain active in the area. However, with 2G services internet connectivity is almost impossible to work.
- The instructions were issued after the August 25 rally of the Rohingyas marking the second anniversary of fleeing Myanmar after military crackdown. According to government the rally was held without its permission.
- capital – dhaka
- currency – taka
Iraq: US drops bombs on island in Tigris River to target IS group
- In Iraq, American warplanes have dropped 36,000 kilograms of bombs on an island in the Tigris River to target Islamic State group.
- The US-led coalition said, F-15 and F-35 warplanes took part in the bombing on Qanus Island in the central province of Salaheddine, north of the capital Baghdad yesterday.
- capital – Baghdad
- currency – Iraqi dinar
Bandaru Dattatreya sworn in as governor of Himachal Pradesh
- BJP senior leader Bandaru Dattatreya toady sworn in as governor of Himachal Pradesh in a ceremony at Rajbhwan in Shimla today.
- Himachal Pradesh High Court Judge Dharam Chand Chaudhary administered the oath of office and secrecy to Bandaru Dattatreya.
- He succeeded Kalraj Mishra, who has been appointed the governor of Rajasthan.
Pramod Kumar Mishra is new principal secretary to PM
- Mishra was the adddtional principal secretary to the Prime Minister and was holding the rank of the cabinet minister.
- Recently Nripendra Mishra had stepped down as the principal secretary to the Prime Minister.
Banking & Finance
Mahindra to double investments in the U.S., opens office in D.C.
- The Mahindra Group is planning to double its investments in the U.S. with the opening of its new office in Washington, D.C.
- This year, the $20.7-billion group marks its 25th year of conducting business in the U.S
- With investments of $1 billion, Mahindra Group companies in the U.S. span a diverse array of industries, including automotive manufacturing, farm equipment production, IT services, sustainable transportation, multi-purpose aircraft development and equipment financing services.
Brazilian tennis player Diego Matos handed life ban for match-fixing
- Brazil’s Diego Matos was given a life ban from professional tennis and fined $125,000 after being found guilty of match-fixing on Monday.
- An anti-corruption hearing found Matos contrived the outcome of 10 matches played in 2018 at ITF level tournaments in Brazil, Sri Lanka, Ecuador, Portugal and Spain.
- capital – Brasilia
- currency – brasilian real
President Kovind addresses Indian community in Berne
- President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Indian community and friends of India in Berne at Switzerland.
- He is visiting Switzerland as part of his three-nation tour to enhance political, cultural and trade ties.
- The President said that India is making new strides in the fields of startups and smart solutions, hosting the third largest start up network in the world with over 21,000 enterprises working on subject as varied as robotics and vitiligo.
DRI-DGGI carry out biggest-ever joint operation against GST violators
- In the biggest ever joint operation by Directorate General of GST Intelligence, DGGI and Directorate General of Revenue Intelligence, DRI pan-India searches were carried out at 336 different locations across the country against exporters who were claiming a refund of IGST fraudulently.
- The operation covered entities in 14 states and national capital Delhi and involved about 1200 officers from both the agencies.
- On the basis of data analytics, an intelligence developed in close coordination by both agencies revealed that some exporters are exporting goods out of India on payment of IGST, being done almost entirely out of the Input Tax Credit (ITC) availed on the basis of ineligible or fake supplies.
CoP 14 to conclude today; global leaders call for urgent action on Climate adaptation
- Today is the closing of the 14th Conference of Parties under the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification. The core agenda of the Conference is to reverse land degradation and its outcomes while accelerating positive achievements for people and for ecosystems.
- The 12 day Conference has seen quality dialogues and stronger partnership to address land degradation and mitigating climate change.
India begins exporting bulletproof jackets to over 100 countries
- India has begun exporting bulletproof jackets as per its own standards to over 100 countries including European nations.
- India is the fourth country after the US, UK and Germany to have its own national standard on the bulletproof jacket which provides 360-degree protection.
- Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said these jackets made under the Make in India campaign of the government.
PM Modi launches Kisan Man Dhan Yojana for small, marginal farmers
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana at Ranchi in Jharkhand.
- The Scheme will secure the lives of Small and Marginal Farmers by providing a pension of 3,000 rupees per month to those who attain 60 years of age.
- According to an estimate, five crore farmers across the country including 10 lakh in Jharkhand will be benefited from this scheme. In Jharkhand, more than 1.16 lakh farmers registered under this scheme.
- At this juncture, the Prime Minister also launched the National Pension Scheme for the Traders and The Self-Employed.
- The scheme aims at providing a minimum assured pension of 3,000 rupees to small traders and self-employed after attaining the age of 60 Years. Around three crore small traders would be benefited from the scheme.
MHRD introduces study of Artificial Intelligence at school level
- Ministry of Human Resource and Development has prepared a module to introduce the study of Artificial Intelligence at the school level by joining hands with the technology leaders like Intel.
- Union Human Resource and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishak said, it is a big leap in our education system that artificial intelligence which was otherwise taught at the college level, is now been introduced from class 8th.
- He also said that the internet is a great learning tool but the role of teachers has become more significant as the young and impressionable minds should be guided while accessing the internet.
Interpol issues RCN against Nirav Modi’s brother Nehal Modi
- The Interpol has issued a Red Corner Notice (RCN) against Nehal Modi, brother of Nirav Modi. Mr Nirav Modi is the main accused in the 14,000 crore Punjab National Bank scam case.
- Global arrest warrant against the Belgian national Nehal, 40, has been issued on charges of alleged money laundering that is being probed by the Enforcement Directorate.
- Nehal has been named in the charge sheet filed by the ED in this case and he has been charged with destruction of evidence.
Five Indian women police officers honoured by United Nations
- Five Indian women police officers were honoured by the United Nations for their commendable services in UN mission in South Sudan.
- Officials informed today that Reena Yadav, Inspector, Chandigarh Police; Gopika Jahagirdar, DSP, Maharashtra Police, Bharati Samantray, DSP in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ragini Kumari, Inspector in the Ministry of Home Affairs, and Kamal Shekhawat, ASP, Rajasthan Police were conferred the UN medal.
- The Indian women police officers received the UN medal at a medal parade in the United Nations Mission in Juba in South Sudan on Tuesday, Home Ministry official said.
- The women officers were honoured by the United Nation for upholding the UN mandate of protection of civilians in conflict-ridden South Sudan.
- The women officers are engaged in community policing, administrative, operational duties and capacity building of local authorities.
Union MoS for tourism launches projects under Swadesh Darshan scheme in Goa
- The Union Minister of State for Tourism and Culture Prahlad Singh Patel applauded the state of Goa for utilising central funds under the first phase of Swadesh Darshan Scheme. Minister assured that further financial help will be provided to Goa.
- He inaugurated the inauguration and Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony for the works of Swadesh Darshan Schemes in Panaji today. Also, a Goa Tourism Mobile Application was launched on the occasion.
- Coastal areas of Sinquerim-Baga, Anjuna, Vagator, Morjim-Keri, Aguada Fort and Aguada jail will be developed under Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
Odd-even scheme to be implemented in Delhi from Nov 4 to 15
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today announced that odd-even road rationing scheme will be implemented in Delhi from November 4 to 15.
- Mr Kejriwal said the move was aimed at combating high levels of air pollution in winters when crop stubble burning takes place in neighbouring states.
- The chief minister announced his seven-point action plan to tackle pollution due to stubble burning which includes distribution of masks, mechanised sweeping of roads, tree plantation, and special plans for 12 pollution hot spots in the city.
- Under the scheme, odd and even-numbered vehicles ply on alternate days. Delhi has earlier also experimented with Odd-Even plan.
Maha govt to draft sustainable rehab plan for flood-hit areas
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis met representatives of the World Bank (WB) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) in Mumbai.
- The state had sought financial assistance of Rs 6,000 crore for carrying out the rehabilitation and relief works in the flood-hit regions.
- The state government has already announced the implementation of Rs 16,000 crore water grid scheme for the Marathwada region, where a sizeable amount of water from western Maharashtra will be diverted to meet the irrigation and drinking water demands.
Retail inflation inches up marginally to 3.21 pc in August
- Retail inflation inched up marginally to 3.21 per cent in August this year from 3.15 per cent in July, mainly due to costlier food items.
- According to official data released today, the rate of price rise in the food basket was 2.99 per cent in August, up from 2.36 per cent in the previous month.
- As per the Consumer Price Index (CPI) data released by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, the CPI-based inflation was 3.69 per cent in August 2018.
- However, the inflation number still remains within the Reserve Bank’s comfort level.
- The RBI mainly factors in CPI while arriving at its bi-monthly monetary policy. RBI has targeted to keep inflation below four per cent level.
Feroz Shah Kotla stadium renamed after Arun Jaitley
- The iconic Feroz Shah Kotla stadium in New Delhi has been renamed as Arun Jaitley Cricket stadium.
- Arun Jaitley served as the President of the Delhi District Cricket Association (DDCA) as well as the vice-president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
India hosts first conference on military medicine for SCO member nations
- AIR PicsIndia is hosting the first conference on military medicine for member nations of the Shanghai Co-operation Organisation in New Delhi today.
- The two-day conference is being held with an aim to share best practices in the field of military medicine.
UAE Prez bestows First Class Order of Zayed II award to Navdeep Singh Suri
- UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan has bestowed the First Class Order of Zayed II award to the Ambassador, Navdeep Singh Suri.
- The award is given in recognition of his contribution to the development and strengthening of friendly relations and co-operation between the two countries. It is a rare honour given to any diplomat.
India requests South Korea, Japan to review their FTAs with New Delhi
- PiyushGoyal has requested South Korea and Japan to review their respective Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) with India. Talking to media persons in New Delhi, Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal said, the FTAs should be reviewed as the present import-export position has changed since the time India entered into these agreements.
- The development comes just after India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations decided to review their FTA.
PM Modi launches Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana from Ranchi
- Prime Minister Narandra Modi launched Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana from Ranchi today. The scheme will secure the lives of five crore small and marginal farmers by providing a minimum pension of three thousand rupees per month, to those who attain 60 years of age.
- The scheme has an outlay of 10 thousand 774 crore rupees for the next three years. All small and marginal farmers who are currently between the ages of 18 to 40 years can apply for the scheme.
Dr PK Mishra takes over as Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister
- Dr Pramod Kumar Mishra appointed as Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India.
- Dr Mishra varied work experience in the management of programmes relating to agriculture, disaster management, power sector, infrastructure financing, and regulatory issues outstanding career profile comprising research, publications, policy formulation and programme/project management.
DRDO successfully flight-tests indigenously developed MPATGM missile
- In a major boost for Indian Army, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight tested indigenously developed low weight, fire and forget Man-Portable Antitank Guided Missile (MPATGM) in the ranges of Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
- The missile was launched from a man-portable Tripod launcher and the target was mimicking a functional tank.The missile hit the target in top attack mode and destroyed it with precision.
- All the mission objectives were met. This is the third series of successful testing of MPATGM.
India’s 2nd Scorpene-class submarine to be commissioned on September 28
- India’s second Scorpene-class attack submarine INS Khanderi will be commissioned into the Navy by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh in Mumbai on September 28.
- The conventional diesel-electric submarine has been manufactured by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd in Mumbai.
- The first Scorpene-class submarine INS Kalvari had been commissioned into the Indian Navy on December 2017.
Madhya Pradesh govt to allow people to adopt cows online
- The Madhya Pradesh government has decided to turn to the state’s people to seek donations for its ‘Project Gaushala’ by letting them adopt cows online. People can adopt a cow for a minimum of 15 days and can go on supporting it till the animal’s lifetime.
- While a lifetime adoption costs Rs 3 lakh, those willing to adopt a bovine for a year will have to pay Rs 21,000. Those adopting for a month will have to pay Rs 2,100 and those willing to adopt for 15 days will have to pay Rs 1,100.
U.S. designates Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Noor Wali Mehsud as global terrorist
- The United States has slapped sanctions on the chief of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Noor Wali Mehsud and designated him as a global terrorist, as the Trump administration unveiled new tools to pursue terror suspects, their financiers and supporters globally.
- Mehsud was designated as a ‘Specially Designated Global Terrorist’ by the U.S. Department of State on Tuesday, on the eve of the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
UN chief: West Bank annexation would violate international law
- UN chief Antonio Guterres warned on Wednesday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s plan to annex a key part of the occupied West Bank would violate international law.
- “Such steps, if implemented, would constitute a serious violation of international law,” Mr. Guterres’ spokesman Stephane Dujarric said in a statement.
Vietnam opens Southeast Asia’s largest solar power farm
- Vietnam has inaugurated Southeast Asia’s largest solar power farm which has the capacity to produce 688 million kWh of electricity annually. The Dau Tieng Solar Power Complex, a joint venture with the Thai industrial group B.Grimm Power Public Company, occupies 540 hectares in Tay Ninh province.
- The complex was constructed on the Dau Tieng Reservoir – the largest artificial lake in Vietnam – and is expected to generate 10 per cent of the country’s solar energy to guarantee supply to 320,000 homes
ONGC to invest more than Rs 13,000 cr to raise its oil & gas exploration in Assam
- The ONGC will invest more than 13,000 crore rupees to raise its oil and gas exploration in Assam. This was announced by ONGC in Guwahati yesterday evening.
- The company will be drilling more than 220 oil and gas wells throughout the state in next five years.
- ONGC has already signed an MoU with Assam government to enhance its operation in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for reducing oil and gas import by 10 percent by 2022.
Mini Conclave of First Investor Summit-2019 is held in Leh
- After abrogation of Article 370 and 35A, the Mini Conclave of First Jammu and Kashmir Investor Summit-2019 is held in Leh on Thursday.
- Addressing the investors, the Jammu and Kashmir Industries & Commerce Principal Secretary Navin Kumar Choudhary said the latest political developments are meant for rapid development in the state.
Track Asia Cup cycling: Ronaldo Laitonjam wins the fourth gold
- In Cycling, India’s Ronaldo Laitonjam won his fourth gold medal on the concluding day of Track Asia Cup competition in New Delhi. India emerged overall champions as its players picked up three medals in the day, two gold and one bronze.
- Overall, India topped the medals tally, with 10 gold, 8 silver and 7 bronze as the tournament came to an end at the IGI Sports Complex. Uzbekistan finished second, with 4 gold and 3 silver. Malaysia secured third place, with 4 gold and 1 silver.
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Race Institute" width="300" height="300" srcset="http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-300x300.jpg 300w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-768x768.jpg 768w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-1100x1100.jpg 1100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-530x530.jpg 530w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-100x100.jpg 100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1.jpg 1200w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
Current Affairs Quiz – September 10, 2019
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of August- 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Daily Current Affairs Quiz – August, 2019
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
LEARN – Daily Current Affairs – August 2019
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
Aspirants can get the test packages from our Official Bankersdaily Store (https://bankersdaily.testpress.in)
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL