Daily Current Affairs: September 18, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (September 18, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Bamboo Day – 18 September
- World Bamboo Day is observed on 18 September every year and it focuses on the awareness of bamboo plantations.
- It was first formally organised on 18 September 2009 in Bangkok. It was incorporated at the 8th World Bamboo Congress.
International Red Panda Day – 18 September
- The International Red Panda Day is observed on the third Saturday of September every year. This year (2021), the day will be observed on 18 September.
- This day seeks to inspire people to learn more about Red Pandas and to contribute to the conservation of the habitat in which they reside.
World Water Monitoring Day – 18 September
- World Water Monitoring Day is observed on 18 September every year to increase public participation and knowledge about the conservation of water resources around the world by ensuring that residents are enabled to conduct standard monitoring of their local water bodies.
MyGov India launches Planetarium Innovation Challenge for Indian start-ups and tech entrepreneurs
- MyGov India, under the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), has launched the Planetarium Innovation Challenge for Indian start-ups and tech entrepreneurs.
- This challenge aims to bring together the tech firms and start-ups (based out of India) with the potential to build an indigenous planetariums system software using the latest technologies such as Augmented Reality (A.R.), Virtual Reality (V.R.) and Merged Reality (M.R.).
Union Government extends the deadline for linking PAN-Aadhar to March 2022
- The Union Government has extended the deadline to link PAN with biometric ID Aadhaar by six months from 30 September 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Manipur’s Hathei chilli and Tamenglong orange gets GI tag
- Manipur’s Tamenglong orange, a species of the mandarin family, and a unique fruit crop found in the state along with a special chilli variety, Hathei have acquired the Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
India and El Salvador hold the third Foreign Office Consultations in San Salvador
- The third Foreign Office Consultations (FOC) between India and El Salvador were held in San Salvador. Both countries discussed the full range of bilateral relations, including health, trade and investment.
Banking & Economy
Reserve Bank of India and Finance Department conduct e-Kuber training workshops in Jammu and Kashmir
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), in collaboration with the Directorate General of Accounts and Treasuries, Finance Department, conducted training workshops on the e-Kuber payment system for all district treasury officers of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The purpose of this workshop was to train treasury officers on the e-Kuber payment system, which is RBI’s national level payment platform for government transactions.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: M. K. Jain, M. D. Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao and T. Rabi Sankar
- Subsidiaries: Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (BRBNM)
Kotak Mahindra Bank partners with IISc to set up Kotak-IISc AI-ML Centre at the IISc Campus in Bengaluru
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMBL) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) announced a partnership to set up a state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI-ML) Centre (Kotak-IISc AI-ML Centre) at the IISc campus in Bengaluru.
IIFL Home Finance signs a co-lending pact agreement with Punjab National Bank
- IIFL Home Finance signed a co-lending pact agreement with Punjab National Bank (PNB) to grow their loan books by 25 per cent with this association.
Punjab National Bank
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- MD & CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
Amit Saxena joins as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of RBI Innovation Hub
- The Global Deputy Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of State Bank of India, Amit Saxena, has joined as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Innovation Hub.
Pankaj Tripathy was appointed as the brand ambassador for Fino Payments Bank
- Fino Payments Bank has appointed Pankaj Tripathi as its brand ambassador for a two-year engagement for promoting its products and services.
Jagdish Mukhi takes oath as the Governor of Nagaland
- Jagdish Mukhi took oath as the 20th Governor of Nagaland as an additional charge after succeeding R. N. Ravi, who took charge as the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Jagdish Mukhi is currently serving as the Governor of Assam.
Eastern Naval Command celebrates 36th International Coastal Cleanup Day at Vishakapatnam
- The 36th International Coastal Cleanup Day was celebrated consecutively for the tenth year by Eastern Naval Command (ENC) at Yarada Beach, Bheemili Beach and other sea fronts within premises of naval units at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
Former Algerian President Bouteflika passed away
- Former Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika has passed away at the age of 84.
- He was a veteran of Algeria’s war for independence and had ruled the North African country for two decades before his resignation in April 2019 after street demonstrations rejecting his plan to seek a fifth term.
Former Gabonese Prime Minister Casimir Oye Mba passed away
- Gabon’s former Prime Minister Casimir Oye Mba passed away at the age of 79 after contracting the coronavirus.
Daily CA- 18 September one liners
|World Bamboo Day – 18 September|
|International Red Panda Day – 18 September|
|World Water Monitoring Day – 18 September|
|MyGov India launches Planetarium Innovation Challenge for Indian start-ups and tech entrepreneurs|
|Union Government extends the deadline for linking PAN-Aadhar to March 2022|
|Manipur’s Hathei chilli and Tamenglong orange gets GI tag|
|India and El Salvador hold the third Foreign Office Consultations in San Salvador|
|Reserve Bank of India and Finance Department conduct e-Kuber training workshops in Jammu and Kashmir|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank partners with IISc to set up Kotak-IISc AI-ML Centre at the IISc Campus in Bengaluru|
|IIFL Home Finance signs a co-lending pact agreement with Punjab National Bank|
|Amit Saxena joins as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of RBI Innovation Hub|
|Pankaj Tripathy was appointed as the brand ambassador for Fino Payments Bank|
|Jagdish Mukhi takes oath as the Governor of Nagaland|
|Eastern Naval Command celebrates 36th International Coastal Cleanup Day at Vishakapatnam|
|Former Algerian President Bouteflika passed away|
|Former Gabonese Prime Minister Casimir Oye Mba passed away|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of September 18, 2021, now from the link given below.